[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best version of this game? I have the N64 physically,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Star-wars-rogue-squadron.jpg (40KB, 301x266px) Image search: [Google]
Star-wars-rogue-squadron.jpg
40KB, 301x266px
What is the best version of this game? I have the N64 physically, or is the PC version superior?
>>
File: Swtiefightercd.jpg (118KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
Swtiefightercd.jpg
118KB, 300x375px
Rogue Squadron is dogshit compared to the X-Wing & TIE-Fighter games.
>>
>>3685939
PC
>>
Has any retro video game ever been superior on PC versus its console alternative, to say nothing of later consoles?

N64 has analog control. Would you rather play with pressure-sensitive device or not? I never understood this. I feel like most of you have to be European and never touched an N64. That's the only way I could justify this even being a question?

It's like asking which version of Star Wars Podracer to get. The one that lets you steer, or the one where you click a key to have the game steer for you.
>>
File: 6185K3QBJBL.jpg (83KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
6185K3QBJBL.jpg
83KB, 500x449px
>>3685969
wtf are you on about? i play rogue squadron and podracer on PC with my force feedback joystick.
>>
>>3685969
Analog control on the N64 game is terrible. Dreamcast isn't much better but that's the best console version. And PC has joystick support and is the best home version of the game. To think the piss poor N64 version is what people remember is mind boggling. I'd rather play the GBC version; at least its unique to its platform.
>>
>>3686001
>Analog control on the N64 game is terrible

How So?
>>
>>3685941
TIE Fighter is a masterpiece but those games are pretty different from the Rogue Squadron games. Rogue Squadron is more of an arcade experience and those are much more sim-focused.
>>
>>3685941
Shut up, faggot
>>
>>3685939
PC if you can actually get it to run on it. GoG and Steam versions never actually updated the game to be fully compatible with modern systems just as an FYI
>>
>>3686028
Because you're using the N64's analog stick
>>
>>3685939
had it on n64 13 years ago was fun
>>
>>3686187
You know it to be true.
>>
If you can get PC version to work, play that.
>>
>>3685991
looks like a vibrating sex toy
>>
>>3686001
Except the N64 has an extremely good pressure sensitive stick. Try using one that isn't broken for a change.

Nobody should ever try to defend the Dreamcast controller.
>>
>>3686379
Racing games for the N64 reviewed terribly back in the day due to the analog controller. Check out EP's reviews for most N64 racers; even PSOne racers offered up more control. The Dreamcast isn't that much better but at least the analog lasts.
>>
>>3685991
I used to drool over this joystick.
>>
>>3686429
This is the opposite of what happened. Analog control was considered a huge improvement over digital for racing games (for obvious reasons), and the N64 was a very popular platform for racing games. F-Zero X, Wipeout 64, Wave Race, SF Rush, etc all control amazingly with the analog stick.
>>
>>3686429
>Racing games for the N64 reviewed terribly back in the day due to the analog controller
Literally never happened
>>
>>3685969
>I feel like most of you have to be European and never touched an N64.

What?
>>
loved RS (played on n64). I was SAC boyyyy

>>3686034
Thats what I liked about it, more of a starfox-like arcade shooter, but more options.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.