[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seeing as PseudoSaturn has come, does anyone have any incompabilities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: $_57.jpg (182KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
182KB, 1600x1200px
Seeing as PseudoSaturn has come, does anyone have any incompabilities with games? I know of Panzer Dragoon Zwei but are there any else? There aren't many listed on his site.
>>
>>3685661
why does it matter? if something is incompatible just take out the AR and do the swap trick.
>>
I'm lucky Panzer Dragoon Zwei happens to be one of the few original Saturn games I own.
>>
>>3685670
It saves me a few CD-Rs, besides don't you need a legit Saturn disc for swapping?
>>
do not use pseudo saturn, use pseudo saturn kai. zwei works perfectly, saga needs a patch so the drm doesn't kick you back to the bios at random.
>>
>>3685760
which you're required to have anyway since you cant flash PseudoSaturn without swap tricking the disc to flash it.
>>
>>3685863
I had my friend that already did it flash mine so I didn't have to do the swap trick.
>>
>>3685921
then its time you learn
>>
>>3685929
I'd rather just buy any discs I can't burn. I have a good source for cheap sealed jp copies.
>>
http://ppcenter.webou.net/pskai/compat/
>>
>>3685863
You can buy preflashed carts from ebay.
>>
>>3685936
after going through all the trouble to get psuedo saturn you're just going to halfass it and BUY games? dont you dare fucking betray me and buy games.
>>
>>3685947
I collect Saturn and Dreamcast discs. I prefer not to actually use them. I have nice boxed consoles too and play burned discs on beat up yellowed ones.
>>
>>3685936
Mind sharing that? I know it's probably just $1 shit like Virtua Fighter or Daytona USA, but I'd be interested to check it out.
>>
>>3685940
Already looked there. Anyone has any games that worked/didn't work that's not on that list?
>>
>>3685950
Why not just get a Rhea/Phoebe and a GDemu then?
>>
>>3685670
>swap trick
Maybe anon isn't retarded.

>>3685863
>required
Wrong. You really are retarded.
>>
>>3687742
>Maybe anon isn't retarded

There's no downside to swap trick, other than that you have to do it every time you boot a game. But then you have to go through the pseudosaturn menu too on every boot.
>>
>>3686081
Taking 20 seconds out of my day to check a blog every week or so is far too difficult.
>>
>>3687848
I feel it. Same reason I'm sitting on a dead Dreamcast
>>
>>3687756
>no downside
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>3686081
chingchong thieves should clone it already
>>
>>3688304
Chingchong thieves have a seemingly endless supply of cheap moded Saturns and DCs. Not much demand here.
>>
>>3688219
Keep telling yourself there is one. How do you think people used the saturn for the last 20 years? PseudoSaturn is a much more recent invention, and I still havn't flashed my AR with it out of lazyness.

Swap trick forever.
>>
>>3688463
People used mod chips the last 20 years champ. Poorfags who use the swap trick aren't people.
>>
>>3688929
>Poorfags who use the swap trick aren't people.

it's still better to use the swap trick, than to use a cartridge-based mod on a system that is widely infamous for its completely broken, defective cart port.
>>
File: SATURN ALIENWARE.jpg (4MB, 4272x2848px) Image search: [Google]
SATURN ALIENWARE.jpg
4MB, 4272x2848px
>>3688929
I'm sorry, but you are not allowed to talk about Saturn poorfags unless you have at least 2 Saturn SD card loaders.
>>
File: 1455026375861.jpg (770KB, 840x630px) Image search: [Google]
1455026375861.jpg
770KB, 840x630px
>>3688986
>Having to reseat a cart every now and then is somehow worse than having to swap disks every single time you want to play a game
>>
>>3689094
It's quite unfortunate you weren't born with enough mental capacity to do a swap trick. In honor of your condition I won't try to force you to do it.
>>
>>3688986
It's only better if you're super poor and can't afford anything more than doing the swap trick.
>>
Could we go back to the topic on hand?
>>
>>3689117
>>3689094
swap trick fails if you are a ham-handed moron with zero eye-hand coordination.

cartridges fail half the time for no reason at all due to a defective design, on top of the fact that Pseudosaturn isn't even compatible with everything, unlike the swap trick.
>>
>>3689246
>cartridges fail half the time for no reason at all due to a defective design
Wow that's a pretty damning statistic. Where's your source buddy?
>>
File: Saturn stack IMG_1260.jpg (3MB, 4272x2848px) Image search: [Google]
Saturn stack IMG_1260.jpg
3MB, 4272x2848px
>>3689254
Here's my source: I actually own a Saturn. If you would too, you wouldn't be asking for a source. Everybody who owned a Saturn and used carts for it agrees with the fact that the machine has a godawful cart slot.
>>
>>3689269
Adorable pic friend. I too remember the 90s.
>>
>>3689271
>>3689269
Guys pls, I just want to know what games don't work with the card.
>>
>>3689279
Just do the swap trick man, the only hard part is not getting feces on the disc.
>>
>>3689269

I own a Saturn and I've had zero issues with carts.
>>
>>3689286
thats impossible reddit told me the cart slot never works
>>
>>3689286
Then you are either abnormally lucky, or a liar.
>>
>>3685661
If you're going for PseudoSaturn, go for the Kai version. You can find the compatibility list for it on their site as well: http://ppcenter.webou.net/pskai/compat/
>>
>>3689269

The grey buttons on the PAL Saturn always triggered me.
>>
>>3689414
>http://ppcenter.webou.net/pskai/compat/
I have already looked at that one, also, does both loaders work with the first JP grey Saturn?
>>
>>3689482
yeah, it'll work with every saturn.
>>
>>3689501
weird since this is stated on the site:
>Q: Can I play Panzer Dragoon Saga with Pseudo Saturn Kai ?
A: Probably : Panzer Dragoon Saga is a bit problematic game, but was reported working with the following steps :
1. Before copying your game, patch its image file with Pseudo Saturn patcher utility.
2. When loading the game, please select "JHL" loader in boot loader selection menu.
Note #1 : JHL loader is not compatible with some Saturn models (example : Saturn grey one), hence answer to this question is "probably".
>>
If pseudosaturn needs you to look up compatibility lists and use different loading modes per game, then at that point you might as well emulate. Saves you the problem of burning games, and compatibility is the same.
>>
>>3689269
Top kek kid. I don't have any issues with carts with any of my saturns and I use ARs and RAM/ROM occasionally even a modem. But I've heard carts can cause problems if you are a ham-handed moron with zero eye-hand coordination.
>>
>>3689778
0/10
>>
>>3689646
>implying there's any Saturn emulation to speak of.
Most games won't load on emulators
>>
>>3690271
I'm pretty much a hardware purist but that's just not true. Emulation is spotty and has a marginal compatibility rate but saying that most games won't even load is just wrong.
If some kids can't afford a few buck for a jap saturn and a jap language course or lunch with a jap gal (as if) then let them memeulate saturn on their memberry in their memes basement. Who is it hurting? Certainly not the gene pool they'll never piss in.
>>
>>3690271
>Most games won't load on emulators

More of them will load on emulators than on Pseudosaturn.
>>
>>3689583
just over 10 hours on mine. If you happen to have one of those incompatible models, that sucks.
>>
>>3690313
>memes basement
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.