[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about retro videogaming in Mexico I heard that KoF and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: clubnintendo1.jpg (735KB, 608x813px) Image search: [Google]
clubnintendo1.jpg
735KB, 608x813px
Tell me about retro videogaming in Mexico

I heard that KoF and arcades were pretty popular there.
>>
>>3685320
Were, then nuCabs of poorly programmed mame frontloaders on shit pc's started killing them around 2001-2002, then the nuCabs xboxs with play 5 minutes per token for the next 5-6 years and then they died.
>>
KoF was a mediocre franchise, kind of odd to obsess so much over it.
>>
>>3685334
I disagree, it was objectively one of the biggest and best fighting franchises.

Hell, KoF XIV is far better than any shitty fighting game released so far.
>>
>>3685343
Esta bien, esse, lo que tu digas...
>>
>>3685320
I can tell you that Club Nintendo Mexico is an infamously cringey and usually terrible magazine, and only really worth it for the sections on Japanese imports and walk-throughs back in the days of no Internet and maaaybe the posters.
>>
>>3685461
Pre Club Nintendo was pretty good

Nu Club Nintendo is shit
>>
I had and SNES, me and my brother rented a lot of games from BlockBuster because they where expensive, I got an NES in the late 90's because NES games where cheaper than current gen games, my brother got into emulation because you could play a lot of games for free and played Genesis and SNES games. When I got a modded PSone it was such a delight because we could buy games at affordable prices and have a good library.
>>
Last time I bought Club Nintendo was probably more than 10 years ago, but the other day I saw one at a newspaper stand and it had Pokemon GO on the cover. That was kinda depressing.
>>
Its big there because all of the arcades are hacked with 1000+ games. It's awesome
>>
>>3686068
MAME cabs were a thing until the 00s.

Arcades in Mexico were popular because:
The price per play was low compared to US.
All home consoles and carts were imports and fucking expensive. Arcade machines were imported as well but cheap bootlegs and grey market made them pretty profitable.

The neogeo and SNK became more popular because it was easier to pirate than CBS games and dedicated PCBs. Also Capcom never had anything to compete with Super Sidekicks. Soccer is holier than Catholicism to many Mexicans lmao
>>
>>3686230
I recall seeing kids play GTA:SA on them and still had the original arcade sticks, I wonder how it played.
>>
Im a Mexican oldfag who grew up in the mid 80's going to the Arcades every sunday through my entire childhood.

I also had an Nes but games were fucking expensive and couldnt afford to buy more than 2 a year, so to play the new shit we went to Arcades.

I was a regular until Street Fighter Alpha and the first Marvel vs game came out, after that i took the plug from Arcades and played MAME at home, after that Arcades became just modded Xbox machines with hundreds of games.

Ive beencollecting retro stuff for just a little over a year now and im close to have everything i either wanted to play or i had as a kid. Everything else im getting fucking flashcarts.

Prices are still nice if you go to flea markets and buy from actual people and even SOME resellers, just a week ago i got a copy of Ocariona of Time for $200 pesos (10 american dollars) Star Fox 64 for $100 pesos (5 american dollars), and a couple of months ago i got an almost mint condition Nes with no controller for $350 pesos (15 american dollars).

Not many people buying retro stuff in my area tho, they are more into PS2 Gamecube and up.
>>
>>3686430
Nice deals

Where did you find those games?
>>
>>3686068
This
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.