[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just added a 7800 to my collection. While looking up games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Atari-7800-Console-2.jpg (36KB, 630x317px) Image search: [Google]
Atari-7800-Console-2.jpg
36KB, 630x317px
So I just added a 7800 to my collection. While looking up games for it I realized that there were only 59 licensed games released. I'm going to go for the complete set.
Any tips?

Also, Atari 2600/5200/7800 general
>>
Well it's backwards compatible with the 2600.
>>
>>3684616
Definitely get Ninja Golf. Also if you don't already have a 2600 collection, get Robot Tank and Battlezone. Maybe Secret Quest as well, it's like an Atari Zelda - but in space of course.
>>
>>3684616
Buy low and take your time if you are trying to get a full set for it. Atari systems of the 2nd/3rd gen are not really in demand right now because most of the weeb collectors grew up with NES and later.

If someone is bidding hard against you, let it go for right now because the last thing you want to do is raise prices for the fucking re-sellers,

Try to get the sound upgrade add-on, it really helps some games not sound like dog shit. How the fuck did Atari think that releasing a system with a decade old sound chip would work?
>>
>>3685228
I hear you. I've completely given up on collecting for the NES and SNES at least for now. The prices are fucking nuts. I'm also trying to complete my N64 collection before those prices start to skyrocket as well, but it seems it's starting to happen. That's why I went with the 7800. I loved the 2600 and I'm on a budget.
I looked up the add-on (7800XM) and it seems it was made by some guy on AtariAge and there was a finite amount. I doubt I'll ever get my hands on one. But since it wasn't a licensed 7800 product, I can still complete the collection without it (thank god).
>>
>>3685228
>How the fuck did Atari think that releasing a system with a decade old sound chip would work?

A combination of cutting costs in R&D and manufacturing. They obviously had the technology for a better sound chip, but they opted to put the 2600's chip in instead to maintain backwards compatibility with the 2600 instead of either putting in both or having the new chip be backwards compatible from the get-go.

This was a problem throughout all of Atari's history, including the Jaguar. They didn't want to spend another 3 months in the lab and 30 cents per unit to manufacture a vastly superior product.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.