[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys map your controllers so that when the game says to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: women_in_tech.gif (116KB, 255x230px) Image search: [Google]
women_in_tech.gif
116KB, 255x230px
Do you guys map your controllers so that when the game says to press A, you have to press the button labeled A on your controller, or so that you have to press the button on your controller located in the same place as the button that does the same thing on the original controller is even if this means you're pressing a button with a different label than prompted?
>>
>>3684304
Same location as the original controller because of muscle memory
>>
File: 1354485608354.png (189KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1354485608354.png
189KB, 500x385px
>>
>>3684304
As close to the original layout as possible. There are a handful of games that have on screen huds that coincide with the button layout
>>
My controller has numbers
>>
>>3684304
Second option, muscle memory trumps all
>>
>>3684304
In two button games you want to be able to hold B and hit A easily. Every other case is self explanatory.
>>
File: 71uQYNKiKCL._SX425_.jpg (17KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
71uQYNKiKCL._SX425_.jpg
17KB, 425x425px
>>3684304
My controller doesn't have a button labeled A, so the issue is moot.
>>
Located in a similar place to the original layout, with the Confirm and Cancel actions also mapped to the left shoulders if possible
>>
I use q QUERTZ keyboard and that would fuck up the layout in many games.
>>
Now map a GC on an Ps/xbox layout
>>
Shoot/Attack/Run/Brake - The left button
Jump/Cancel/Accelerate- The down buttin
Confirm/Special Attack - Right
Menu - Up Button

Anything else is shit.
>>
>>3684304
Who looks at their controller when pressing buttons?
>>
>>3684325
DUDE you gotta press the chinese button
>>
>>3684304
Same location. After switching between Xbox and Playstation for years I automatically translate the prompts in my head anyway. The only change I make is that when I play a PS game with an Xbox controller I switch the locations of the shoulder buttons since games on both usually do that.

If I play something with a two button layout with an Xbox controller I use the A and X buttons for them since it's more comfy to hit both at once than A and B.
>>
>>3684304
I don't remember many consoles having buttons called JOY2 desu
>>
>>3684834
I just always did it standard plus-button-nintendo-config like it is on the snes, classic controller, and wii u pro controller
>>
>>3684325
My Japanese is bad, but I think those buttons are labeled "mouth," "knight," "meat," and "2" ... I know I am wrong, but someone correct me but why are they labeled that?
>>
>>3686645
"meat" is 肉 its "within" ε†… and I'm pretty sure that's a 3 not a 2. On the left is 侍 samurai. Its a truly legendary controller.
>>
>>3684304
>have to press the button on your controller located in the same place as the button
This one.
>>
huge fan of A being right side and B being bottom. Even though the 360 controller I use sometimes is the opposite.

>play MGS1
>it's the only game on ps1 that uses the correct japanese button layout where circle is confirm and x is cancel
>they finally change it in the HD remasters and MGSV
>forever fucking me up
>>
>>3686835
ff7 does it too
>>
>>3684325
How to destroy your hands : the controller.
>>
>>3686836
FFX as well.
>>
>>3686645
It's supposed to be square, triangle, circle and x
>>
>>3686668
so ... "mouth knight within 3 samurai" ... gaaaaay
>>
>>3684304
I didn't know there were SJWs in Pokemon
>>
>>3684325
Nigga dey all chinese
>>
>>3686668
>>3686645
I think the rim of the helmet has something written in Hiragana but the picture is too bad too read.
>>
>>3684304
For controllers with only A and B buttons (like NES or Gameboy), I map them to be on the Y and B buttons of an SNES controller or Square and X on a Playstation controller. Super comfy.
>>
File: SegaGenesis6.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SegaGenesis6.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>3684304
As close as possible to the original controller layout. As previously pointed out, it's all about the muscle memory.

There are some exceptions though. N64 C-buttons can be replaced by the right analog stick, as long as they aren't action buttons.

What about situations where your current controller doesn't match the original layout at all?
I'm curious about how you guys deal with Genesis/Saturn layout with DualShock/4-button layouts.
>>
>>3684590
>X
>>
>>3684304
I use original controllers. Bit if I was an emubaby I'd map the buttons to where they were on the original controller.
>>
>>3684325
You know, now that I'm stoned as fuck I can actually see the square, triangle, X, and O
>>
>>3687315
For Genesis I always did left, down, right buttons for A, B, C and up, R1, R2 for X, Y, Z, even though I never knew the purpose and always assumed it was for Saturn games or some such thing
>>
>>3684304
>Princess Sevenleaf.gif
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.