[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, Ultima Online is /vr/, right? Anyone have any experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: ultimaonline-4[1].jpg (97KB, 636x455px) Image search: [Google]
ultimaonline-4[1].jpg
97KB, 636x455px
So, Ultima Online is /vr/, right?

Anyone have any experience playing this gem?
>>
>>3684269

Yes but I played pre-uor.

That was like in 1996.

The golden era of uo
>>
>>3684312
It wasn't released until 1997, you dingus.
>>
>>3684315

97 then!

back when you could cast spells with heavy crossbows and place houses in dungeons.
>>
It was the best time of my life for years.
I'm very happy I experienced it even though I basically ruined my life by playing it.

I love the Ultima Online world. I try not to think of it anymore though as I try to move forward.

Also, I tried to play it again a couple years ago and I just couldn't get over the literal 22FPS frame lock. I don't know how I barely noticed it when I played it for real, but now it nags at me.
>>
>>3684561
Everquest came out in 1999 you mongoloid
Also everquest was shit.
>>
I was 7 when I played. My dad liked to get me to try new games all the time. Played for a few months, then stopped for a few years.

The month I stopped was back when Lord British was killed. I tried to play again in 2002 but couldn't do it.

I still feel bad that I missed the "legendary" event of Lord British dying, that I probably wouldn't have known about anyway since my dad would have been playing.
>>
>>3684607
Lord British was killed in the beta you delusional tryhard
>>
>>3684608
We played the beta, you mongoloid.
>>
File: 10-12-2016-03.20.jpg (512KB, 1196x768px) Image search: [Google]
10-12-2016-03.20.jpg
512KB, 1196x768px
>>3684269
Was close to bursting into tears if I had died
>>
>>3684608
>implying people didn't play the beta
>>
>>3684620
oh yeah because it's actually cool to play on official servers right now right?
>>
>>3684626
It's a good thing I don't really play it as you can see
>>
>>3684627
>image taken 10-12-2016

ok bro
>>
>>3684628
I meant my character has nothing because all I do is upkeep my home. I can't even engage in combat except auto attack.
>>
>>3684629

Pack up your stuff into character banks and re-deed it. Nothing sadder than just logging in to refresh a house.
>>
Sorry for ripping you guys a new asshole this holiday season. I apologize. But you never played in the beta. stop lying. Just be yourself senpai.

CYA LATER FUCKERS
>>
File: tibia_screenshot_12.png (624KB, 974x621px) Image search: [Google]
tibia_screenshot_12.png
624KB, 974x621px
>>3684269
is this some kind of tibia clone?
>>
>>3684701
>HUD gauges straight out of WoW, Goldeneye and Half-Life 2 all at the same time
>>
>>3684701
I'm sure you're joking, but its the other way around
>>
File: uo-houses-520x245[1].jpg (58KB, 520x245px) Image search: [Google]
uo-houses-520x245[1].jpg
58KB, 520x245px
>>3684269
Always this picture in every UO thread.
>>3684545
I'm always surprised by the freedom UO provided: skills, mounts, housing, items, crafting, exploration ... But i'm pissed that no other mmorpg (save EVE, 'maybe'), tried to do the same. And now, with LoL you can see what most wanted since the beggining: permanent pvp.

Do you think a game will ever achieve, let alone improve, what UO did?

>>3684626
Private servers have their own uses. I have roleplayed in them, it cannot get any better than that. UO is better than Neverwinter for that matter. There used to be this server, Grimmworld UO, custom world, lore, interface ....

>>3684701
The only aspect that tibia captured was the improve system, the graphics (loosely) and housing.

Most only enjoy UO for the pvp, which makes Tibia an acceptable clone. But from the perspective of an rpg, UO had much more to offer.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.