[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody here play retro sports games? Me and a friend just stayed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

Anybody here play retro sports games? Me and a friend just stayed up till 4am playing NBA jam te on SNES. I was up till midnight last night playing NBA live 96 with a different friend. I know this sounds fake because nobody on this board has friends, but I'm speaking the truth.

Older sports games can be had for 1/10 the price of other games. Rather than ignore them we should see them as an opportunity. I look at them like trading cards. These games have my favorite stars and I like to collect them.

Anyone else still play these?
>>
I still play Blades of Steel all the time with my uncle, he introduced me to gaming back in '86

I used to play NBA JAM every day in elementary school
>>
>>3682896
Blades of steel is great. I play rbi baseball on occasion. I have double double that gets pulled out. NBA Hang Time which is a shitty NBA jam clone.

One that I have nostalgia for is Madden 64. I haven't pulled that one out in a few years tho.
>>
>>3682878
Only sports game I like.

GOAL GOAL GOAL YES! GOALGOALGOALGOAL YES! OH NO, OWN GOAL?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz4ib8d59sg
>>
>>3682906
You, sir, are not American.
>>
>>3682904
NBA hangtime was the sequel.
>>3682904
love it, he is unstoppable in that game though, been playing it since it was released.

I like Mutant League Football, Super baseball 2020, NES open, Blitz and the like. I bust out the old Sports talk games o genesis and play those from time to time though

Check out World court tennis TG16 and the NES version of hit the ice for a unique rpg hybrid in quest mode
>>
>>3682923
Because I like a soccer game? I am from the US, but soccer is the only sport I find interesting (not so much to watch live) outside of that maybe UFC if I'm really bored.
>>
NHL '94 is probably my favorite retro sports game followed closely by NBA Jam.
>>
>>3682878
>Anybody here play retro sports games?

The ones that still hold up, sure.

I still play NBA Jam, Tecmo Super Bowl, Mini Putt, League Bowling, Neo Turf Masters, Super Dodge Ball, Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball, and others.
>>
>>3682960
bullshit
>>
File: lee-carvallo-putting-challenge.jpg (207KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
lee-carvallo-putting-challenge.jpg
207KB, 500x334px
BEST SPORTS GAME COMING THRU
>>
>>3682964
hide the chelstation under the couch, chicks hate chel
>>
File: Not_sarcastiball.jpg (793KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Not_sarcastiball.jpg
793KB, 2592x1944px
>>3682878
I do. They're pretty enjoyable, and can make me stay awake overnight.

Tecmo Bowl and Tecmo Super Bowl essentially taught me the basics of American football back in the day. As an experiment, I was hoping maybe I could learn hockey (since I am not a fan of the sport) and recently got NHL '94 for the SegaCD, I have not attempted to play it in earnest yet.
>>
>>3682878
Nothing like a tie game in Wayne Gretzky 3D hockey and getting the go ahead goal at the last second by sending the opposing team's goalie through the net
>>
File: 618576599557aa84dc32710022.jpg (33KB, 500x472px) Image search: [Google]
618576599557aa84dc32710022.jpg
33KB, 500x472px
Kunio sports game > Any other sports game.
I wish Nekketsu Street Basket wasn't so prohibitively expensive, since I want to complete my Kunio Famicom collection one of these days.
>>
>>3683007
What club would you suggest?
>>
>>3683313
May I suggest the putter?
>>
I used to, would be totally up for it if I knew someone to play with today, amazing fun. ISS and NBA Jam have a kind of "infinite" multiplayer appeal with a deep skill and appeal, some of the very first videogames to have that.
>>
>>3682878
FROM DOWNTOWN
>>
OP here. What about the yearly games like Madden and NBA live? Nobody collects these games and they can be had cheaply.
>>
>>3683542
I thought of buying up all of a series like madden cib and putting them in frames down my hallway with a screenshot, It would be neat. and cheap
>>
>>3683575
Yeah put them in a sports bar kinda theme. Why don't people collect these more? Are they really that bad and obsolete?
>>
>>3682906
The fucking intro on this game is so good
>>
I've always preferred the original NBA Jam to Tournament Edition, I have no idea why.

What significant changes did they make with T.E.?
>>
>>3684741

I think it was the option to play with or without powerups & hot spots. And you could adjust the speed of the actual games as well, I think that was new in this edition. And then you had some secret characters you could play as, extende rosters etc.
>>
Does anyone have a guide to emulate Sensible World of Soccer 96 for the Amiga? I've tried two emulators but I can't get past the title screen on either of them. Keyboard and mouse don't do anything. There must be something stupid I'm missing.
>>
i still play super tenis on the snes
>>
File: 47798_front.jpg (141KB, 640x898px) Image search: [Google]
47798_front.jpg
141KB, 640x898px
This and Mutant League Football were the best
>>
whats a good retro sports game with a good franchise mode?
>>
>>3682878

It's funny how sports games are these days the asscheap bargain bin filler/ board donator retro vidya when back then they were often the MOST expensive ones of the bunch.

>Hmm should I get DKC2 or for ten bucks more Basketball Game No.7?
>>
Today's sports games are too realistic and not competitve. If you get the wrong team with the wrong stats it fucks up the games. Its like they play themselves. Game devs are so dumb.
>>
Ice Hockey on the NES is wicked fun. It's weird how something so simple can keep my friends and I entertained for so long. I haven't tried Blades of Steel however.

Blitz is pretty ridiculous. I love arcadey sports games, but I can't get over how much it favors the player that's behind a touchdown or two. Fuck Blitz.
>>
>>3684858
I think I always played T.E. vanilla, but there's something about the game that just makes it feel -off- compared to the original version of NBA Jam, and it throws me off completely. I can't pinpoint any one thing, I just know that as a kid I only rented T.E. a few times before I went back to the regular version.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.