[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there more retro games in style of Castle Excellent, Robin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: rh.jpg (176KB, 1234x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rh.jpg
176KB, 1234x1080px
Are there more retro games in style of Castle Excellent, Robin Hood and La-Mulana? Action-adventure/puzzle, where you have to solve puzzles, find many items and possibly revisit some areas, whose parts were unaccessable before. What would you recommend?
>>
Metroid
>>
>>3682408
Something more obscure than Metroid or Castlevania?
>>
>>3682401
I know of a bunch, but I need a sec to collect my thoughts on it

One to try in the mean time is Goonies 2 on NES by Konami, really good game but easy to get lost in.
>>
Is La Mulana worth giving another chance? I tried playing the WiiWare version but it seemed too obtuse and I gave up pretty quickly.
>>
File: Wonder_Boy_in_Monster_World.jpg (47KB, 256x360px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder_Boy_in_Monster_World.jpg
47KB, 256x360px
>>3682401
Another one to check it is the Wonder Boy games, now not all of them are Metroidvania games, but the majority of the later ones are I believe.
>>
>>3682571
If you hate obtuse games avoid La Mulana, it's obtuse as fuck on purpose
>>
File: download.jpg (13KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 224x225px
And I guess the Tomba games count, but I think a lot of people would really prefer if I could be quiet about that.
>>
La Mulana was heavily based on Maze of Galious, wasn't it?
>>
>>3682571
I love La-Mulana, but hell no if you are not stubborn. I gave up 2/3s and used a guide, and even then I had some trouble. Half the shit I completed on my own was by pure accident.
>>
>>3682631
Yeah, I checked some videos of game, but as far as I understood, there is no puzzles and it's just platformer set in ruins, not action-puzzle at all.
>>
>>3682585
but yes you are correct
>>
>>3682571
http://agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=lamulana
>>
Turok on the Game Boy.
>>
>>3682401
Legacy of the Wizard.
>>
>>3682571
La-Mulana is basically what happens when someone goes "Man, what if someone tried to do Simon's Quest RIGHT?".
>>
>>3684809
Nah, you're thinking of Order of Ecclesia
>>
File: exile-commodore-64-front-cover.jpg (108KB, 800x957px) Image search: [Google]
exile-commodore-64-front-cover.jpg
108KB, 800x957px
If you want some really hard puzzles and exploration, Exile will keep you entertained. It's available on a bunch of 8- and 16-bit computers.
>>
File: moon_crystal.png (9KB, 512x464px) Image search: [Google]
moon_crystal.png
9KB, 512x464px
>>3682401
>>
Treasure Adventure Game? I ragequit at 1st boss, but it might be your ally.
>>
>>3685638
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-YvT2y3_I0
>>
>>3682401
Maze of galius on MSX is pretty good, also the wonder boy/monster world games
>>
>>3682585
Underrated post
>>
>>3682553

OW

WHAT DO YOU DO
>>
>every mention of La Mulana is immediately followed by Maze of Galious
>Treasure of Usas never mentioned
>>
>>3682585
I pushed through Tomba, FAQ in my lap the whole fucking time. It was brutal, even with a FAQ. I gave up in the jungle. That game is like a fucking torture regime with some great rewards, but absolutely no sensible conventions anywhere.
>>
>>3682671
There's puzzles in the form of figuring out how to advance. It's deep as fuck.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.