[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the breath of fire games connected? I've heard some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: breath of fire 3.jpg (83KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
breath of fire 3.jpg
83KB, 500x464px
Are the breath of fire games connected? I've heard some talk that suggests they might be, but nothing is confirmed.

If this was the case wouldn't BoF 4 be one of the first entries in the timeline and BoF 3 be one of the last? Because in BoF 4 the woren race is not that uncommon, but Rei is stated to be one of the last of his kind in BoF 3.

2 also had worens, but 4 had tribes of them.
>>
So you played the games?
There is no official timeline, 4 could be part of the BoF 1-2-3 timeline, but the connection would be awkward, and it would require some retcons.

I personally don't like the idea of BoF 4 happening in the same BoF 1-2-3 world.
>>
>>3681993
Bof 1 and 2 are directly connected with some of the same characters (Bo, Karn, Bleu) making a return while also making implications that the bof1 Ryu and the bof1 Nina ended up together. The timeline isn't absolute but I believe that bof2 took place several centuries after bof1.

I haven't played enough bof3 or 4 to make a call on either of those.
>>
You meet the Nina from BoF1 in BoF 2 and she asks if you forgive her for falling in love with a man of another race.
>>
>>3682029
yea I've played them all, and I personally think the games are independent of one another and just reuse the same themes/races, but I think it would be interesting if they were actually connected.

I think a strong reason some think it might be is because of deis/bleu and her sister showing up in multiple games, her sister being the final boss of 2 of them.
>>
Look what I found
http://breathoffire.neoseeker.com/wiki/Chronology_of_the_Breath_of_Fire_Series
>>
>>3682042
If the bof Ryu/Nina pairing is canon I always felt it was forced. I know Ryu is mainly a silent protagonist but I think he's too flat out autistic to fall in love with Nina. Just felt really out of place.

Then again pretty much all of the cast except Ryu and Nina was irrelevant after completing their initial arcs so theres that. Probably due to old game I guess
>>
File: snapshot.jpg (53KB, 605x446px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot.jpg
53KB, 605x446px
>>3682051
It is pretty much canon.
>>
>>3682051
BoF1 is the most generic of all BoF's. It even forces romance with a princess-healer.
>>
File: snapsho1t.jpg (54KB, 583x452px) Image search: [Google]
snapsho1t.jpg
54KB, 583x452px
>>3682058
>>
Also at the end of BoF III you find a mural that references the end game events from Bof I and II.
>>
Like the anon above me said, BoF III has a mural that tells the story of BoFs I and II. The chronology is I > II > III. The dragon clan was at its strongest in I and at its weakest in II. The Ryu of II isn't a purebreed Dragon Clan, so he can't turn completely into a dragon (like his mother does).

Now, the connection between IV and the other games is very tenuous, but it may have come from those few pieces (if you imagine IV comes before I):
- Yuna creates a god by making an amalgamation of a human and various animals. The final bosses of I and III fit the part.
- At the end of IV, Fou-Lu/Ryu cast the gods away from the world - that doesn't mean they're dead, just that their power was dispersed. In this case, the dragon's power became the power of the Dragon Clan.
>>
>>3682092
Also Nina loses the ability to turn into a bird due to race mixing.
>>
>>3682092
>The dragon clan was at its strongest in I and at its weakest in II
Some people argue that half-breeds like Ryu 2 are the strongest.
>>
>>3682098
He can only turn into a dragon for one turn vs staying as a dragon the entire fight
>>
>>3682092
I always thought that dq was a prequel to 1. 1 already had a high tech apocalypse and had those wells all over the world you pulled items up from, and dq was underground high tech posy apocalypse (but hadnt lost their tech yet.)
>>
>>3682092
>The Ryu of II isn't a purebreed Dragon Clan, so he can't turn completely into a dragon (like his mother does).
Except he becomes a dragon to guard Infinity just like his mother in the sad ending.
>>
>>3682092
4 takes place in a parallel world where they summon dragon folk from 1-3 who become gods, similar to superman and the yellow sun.
>>
>>3682435
That was my interpretation as well, but a theory like >>3682092 is still possible, thre was no way to fully confirm anything in-game.
>>
>>3682175
I believe he turns into a dragon carcass, not a fully-fledged dragon. If you go by the storyline itself, Ray can turn into a dragon for the whole battle, while Ryu can't. One of the NPCs remark that Ray must be a descendant from the Dark Dragon Clan.
>>
>>3682452
You are taking game mechanisms way too seriously.
Ryu can't stay as full dragon during battles in BoF IV either, doesn't mean this is a canon limitation, during cut scenes you can see he and Fou-Lu staying as dragons for much longer.
>>
>>3682476
this, I didn't think BoF2s dragon system was reflecting the storyline, I thought they just wanted to try making the dragon forms a kind of summon spell or some shit
>>
>>3682039
Breath of Fire 1, 2 and 3 all happen in a series. In Breath of Fire 3 there's a mural showing the events of BoF 1. You even visit Dragnier from the first game.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.