[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think DKC could have survived a 4th installment, assuming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 2604496-1396167078-DKC3-.gif (277KB, 256x238px) Image search: [Google]
2604496-1396167078-DKC3-.gif
277KB, 256x238px
Do you think DKC could have survived a 4th installment, assuming that the snes was around for a while longer? I mean, what else could Rare had really done with a perfected formula?
>>
>>3678417
Make it 2 big characters. Donkey and Funky. Instead of animal friends, you ride in Funky's vehicles
>>
>>3678417
metroidvania, starring spider, get web upgrades and other weapons to free kongs. bosses that don't suck if that's even possible
>>
>>3678710
>metroidvania DKC

pls no
>>
I doubt it
>>
DKC4
>DK, Diddy, and Dixie are kidnapped
>Kiddy Kong and some new forgettable Kong have to rescue them

That's what would have happened.
>>
>>3678417
>perfected formula
>DKC3

Such masterful trolling
>>
>>3678989
not him but DKC3 did a lot of things better than DKC2, but DKC2 dick strokers will say otherwise
>>
I wish they'd remake the DKC games with the exact same 3D models but in real time.
>>
>>3678992
No thanks. It'll just have that solid pastey look that the Wii games have. Though I will say whatever shader the Gamecube game Donkey Kong Jungle used, I wouldnt mind that.
>>
File: 30498.jpg (208KB, 1198x962px) Image search: [Google]
30498.jpg
208KB, 1198x962px
>>3678993
But those 90's CGI aesthetics were so damn nice.
They could achieve a game that looked like this on modern systems. We have the technology!
>>
>>3678995
oh you're talking about from the cgi shots. I forget if those are the same models used in the game, but it most like were. in that case, hell yeah. baked hard lighting and some good textures can go all the way.
>>
File: ARKE01.jpg (439KB, 768x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ARKE01.jpg
439KB, 768x1080px
This game is the true DKC4 that I waited for a long time.
>>
>>3679283
I've only heard wonders about this game, I only played the Wii one a bit though and it wasn't that good at all. Is this one a lot better?
>>
>>3679283
This game is amazing, I bought it with my wii U and played the hell out of it, it's a gorgeous, challenging fun ass game.
>>
DKC 3 already went for the craziest stages, so I don't know what a 4 would reach for. Story wise, most likely another kidnapping and this time would be either Donkey and Kiddy, Donkey and Dixie or Diddy and Kiddy as protagonists.
As for the place of the game, what could define its theme? DKC1 was the main Island, 2 was the darker Kremlim mainland and 3 had a northern europe settling.

I like that idea >>3678426 a lot.
I'd fear for the sound quality, since 3 didn't quite reach the predecessor's level imo. DKC3 was also weird storywise with the villain and those bears, I fear 4 would be too convoluted if they progressed the trends.
>>
>>3678417
Hell no. Rareware would have made 2 new baby Kongs the main protags and even more inane bitching and moaning from the fans would have proceeded. People who hate on DKC3 solely because of Kiddy need to neck themselves ASAP
>>
What is DK64?
>wahhh it shitty
>bad gaemmmmm
when it was new i don't think anyone had a problem
>>
>>3679283
I guess I'm the only one that thought the game sucked.
>>
>>3678995
Rare really liked Gill Sans
>>
>>3678417
DKC3 a shit. They probably could have made a great 4th game if they brought back the A-team instead of handing it off to B-team shitters
>>
>>3679389
You're not the only one. Literally only 14 people who own a Wii U bought it because they were shilling it so fucking hard in the Winter Wii U drought of '14 because they had nothing else to play. It was a shameless rehash that NO ONE wanted or asked for. You should have seen the lines at the Best Buy E3 2014 events. Everyone was playing 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and even fucking WWHD but not a single soul dared trying Tropical Freeze.

Even sadder still at the Game Awards when Reggie was going to announce Cranky as a playable character (Nevermind that it leaked 3 days prior on a box art listing on Amazon), Dorito Pope could only talk about the NES Metroid pin Reggie was wearing on his suit instead of Tropical Shit. People wanted a new Metroid or even a new IP. The E3 2013 reveal of TF was met with rolling eyes.
>>
>>3679389
you might just be retarded considering how the game cockslaps you every levels with how good the level design is.

>>3679379
then you weren't around back then, no one was happy with dk64.
>>
>>3679565
>how good the level design is

cinematics arent good level design, nor is making the player stop every five seconds for some "interactive" gameplay. the physics sucked too
>>
File: donkey kong.jpg (6KB, 198x221px) Image search: [Google]
donkey kong.jpg
6KB, 198x221px
K. Rool couldn't defeat Donkey. The Kongs were his downfall. His remaining army, what was left of the survivors after the destruction of Crocodile Island anyway, were wiped out in the third installment of the series.

Lost and alone, he goes into hiding. His weapons and machines, proved useless against the banana powered primate family, has the obstinated krok then deeping himself into the magical kremlin arts that could be seem in the Gloomy Gulch. As Grand Wizard K. Roolim, he manages to trap almost all of the Kongs' and their friends' souls into the deepest reaches of Hell to be tortured to his utmost satisfaction. He opened a portal and went into its depths, preparing to revive the entire kremlin race and come back to take over the world with his demonic army.

Now Donkey, left alive to experience the same solitude he imposed on K. Rool, and Kiddy, whose young soul couldn't be lured by K. Roolim's dark magic, will go to Hell for a final battle.

-

In this game you don't have animal friends, you use Funky's vehicles as >>3678426 proposed. Wrinkly Kong help's you in the otherworld with saving and lives (scarce in Hell), as well as Cranky with tips and stolen items, after managing to flee K. Roolim's dungeons. Different themed worlds representing different levels of Hell are crossed, with hundred of demonic enemies in the way.

Get Ready for Doomkey Kong Contry 4: Diablo's Kong Quest .
>>
>>3679565
not true senpai
It was worth it just for the DK rap
>>
>>3679747
That doesnt sound bad, but nintendo will never let that happen.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.