[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is one of my most favorite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is one of my most favorite games and ti inspired a lifelong interest in Atlantis and I wish I had more people to talk with it about.
>>
File: indy crabs.jpg (109KB, 561x210px) Image search: [Google]
indy crabs.jpg
109KB, 561x210px
>>3678416
Even people who don't like adventure games can enjoy it.
>>
I played it once and thought it was cool but I don't remember anything about it except that it was pretty cool.
>>
File: kq5_cedric.png (68KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
kq5_cedric.png
68KB, 640x400px
>>3678416
I loved Fate of Atlantis, but adventure games are hard to talk about sometimes because they are very puzzle-heavy, and puzzle discussion is usually either 1) spoilers for people who haven't played, 2) people complaining about a puzzle that was too hard for them, 3) basically saying "hey remember this cool part?" which isn't that interesting as a topic.

Trying to talk about why a puzzle is cool is a little like trying to talk about why a joke is funny. Yes, you can do analysis and break down the pieces and how they are delivered, but appreciating it as an audience member is still largely a matter of "getting it."
>>
Have you played Ripley's Believe It or Not!: The Riddle of Master Lu, OP? If not, do it.
>>
I don't like how instead of puzzles having alternative solutions you get a single choice where your blatantly asked to pick the approach you want.
>>
I've played it a year ago and i really liked the game.
I think this is one of the most linear and enjoyable lucas games.
>>
>>3678416

What is this, some kind of Monkey Island mod?
>>
>>3678864
No, it's its own game.
>>
>>3678852
i wouldnt say it's that linear due to having multiple choices along the way.

As the OP this game is probably in my top 10 games all time, have loved it since i FINALLY got the original copy working on my computer a whole bunch of years ago..

the original title which came in the "lucas arts adventure pack" was a super finicky DOS port seemingly, and it was all i could do to get the game started, let alone get the voice acting working etc.
>>
File: fate of atlantis 2 concept art.jpg (44KB, 600x252px) Image search: [Google]
fate of atlantis 2 concept art.jpg
44KB, 600x252px
Fun fact: they cancelled the sequel because it had too much nazi imagery to be sold in Germany. It would have featured a resurrected Hitler.
>>
>>3679573
What choices do you have after the prologue?
>>
File: 2.gif (562KB, 500x266px) Image search: [Google]
2.gif
562KB, 500x266px
This game makes me want to visit the Azores someday.
>>
>>3679605
Fucking Hitlerphobes ruin everything.
>>
>>3680187
And Tikal?
>>
>>3678463
It's got a motor!
>>
>>3680318
Meh. I'm curious about Iceland though.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.