[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just watched Man vs. Snake. Do you think Dwayne Richard intentionally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: pacman-dwayne-425w.jpg (49KB, 425x538px) Image search: [Google]
pacman-dwayne-425w.jpg
49KB, 425x538px
I just watched Man vs. Snake.

Do you think Dwayne Richard intentionally used an overclocked processor to get through the game faster, or really didn't realize?
>>
>>3678265
>Dusty old board
>Only clean area is part that controls the snakes speed
>guy works on games for a living

Yeah, I think he's a piece of shit. Don't forget he tried added his own board without asking at that game con but it ended up freezing. It's fucking fishy.
>>
>>3678285
>Don't forget he tried added his own board without asking at that game con but it ended up freezing.
Didn't the documentary explicitly say they'd be bringing their own boards and their own controls?
>>
>>3678287
I think they said it was optional. I remember the main guy bringing his own joystick setup but I don't remember him bringing his own board. Who knows tho. They always shoot these documentaries with some kind of angle.
>>
>>3678285
I'm torn between this. The only new component is one that he could have changed himself easily but the whole issue was that one leg had a bad connection which let it run faster. I thought it was kinda shitty at the event where he didn't restart.

How come it was so hard for these guys to break the record and then some punk ass kid does right after and same with some old dude lol.
>>
>>3678438
I imagine the kid and the old dude were training and trying for a long time too, and the documentary just didn't focus on them.

It's not like if I focus on one marathon runner training in a movie, it means the rest of 'em didn't train.
>>
>>3678567
It just seemed so funny at the end how the referee guy is talking about how it will be this huge event and then it cuts to the records being broken like it was no big deal.

Does anybody understand what happened with Dwayne's controversy and circuit board any better than I thought I did? I want to believe he replaced the chip because his board froze at the contest and he had a bad connection on the one leg that inadvertently gave him an advantage, otherwise I don't think he would have bragged about crushing the time by 5 hours. But on the other hand he did seem kind of crazy and weird.
>>
>>3678619
He was saying the game froze when he was practicing so he went to buy a new chip to replace that black one, and he didn't notice the time between was faster.

I think he was probably telling the truth, though he did get really jumpy and nervous when people first started questioning the record.

Either way, I think at the end he really was happy for Tim.
>>
>>3678632
Yeah, I was imagining what I would say in that situation. Like, how do you convince people you are genuinely surprised, he even seemed very surprised at why he cut 5 hours off of his record and he said he wanted them to inspect the board and they did. It just gives me the tiniest bit of doubt because he does rebuild games for a living.

But I could see this being a fluke that even as a game mechanic he may not have known about, like how, as an example I (Car Mechanic) may not know that installing an intake manifold from a later model year of engine with the same engine code would cause a significant increase in power even though the manifolds look the same but some engineer would tell me that the later model part actually has slight modifications to it that I as a mechanic wouldn't understand or comprehend. It's kind of hard to explain but I'm thinking that even as a game expert (who probably changes bad parts and doesn't have an engineering background) he wouldn't have that know-how to install that one pin poorly to make the game quicker, and he wouldn't have installed it if the game didn't freeze at the expo.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.