[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>A crappy Tetris ripoff is better than Ice Climbers or Excitebike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: Dr_mario_screenshot.gif (6KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Dr_mario_screenshot.gif
6KB, 256x224px
>A crappy Tetris ripoff is better than Ice Climbers or Excitebike according to this board
>>
Dr. Mario is a very, very shitty game. I don't know why Nintendo keep releasing this piece of crap and keep great games like Yoshi's Cookie or Wario's Woods stuck on limbo forever.
>>
File: mareeo.jpg (92KB, 409x360px) Image search: [Google]
mareeo.jpg
92KB, 409x360px
>>3677312
duh there's Mario on it, of course it's better.
>>
>>3677312
Proof that thats the case?
Dr. mario is not popular at all, here or anywhere else

>>3677317
Because mario is on the name it has guaranteed sales no matter how many times they rerelease it
>>
>>3677312
>Thinks Dr Mario is a rip off of Tetris not Puyo.
>Thinks it's bad

Good to see /vr/ is as retarded as ever.
>>
Dr Mario is very unplayable. Games like Tetris and Sega's Columns are much better.
>>
>>3677339
>This "Tetris clone" isn't enough like Tetris and I never learned how to get good at it so it's "unplayable"

This place sometimes....
>>
>>3677312
Out of all the retarded opinions and memes constantly being promoted here on /vr/, a blind praise for Dr. Mario does not seem to be one of them.
>>
>>3677312
It's a Puyo Puyo rip-off, you dumbass.
>>
>>3677312
Dr. Mario is pretty assy, but it's easily better than Ice Climber.
>>
>>3677767
Seriously, is OP making the argument that Ice Climbers is anything other than horseshit?
>>
>>3677312
I like the controls of Dr. Mario. It helps that you can change the position of a pill faster than a tetrimino from Tetris so even if it's on fast speed and a higher level you've got a higher chance to put your pill the way you want it to compared to let's say Tetris or Wario's Woods.
>>
>>3677338
>>3677420

dr mario came before puyo puyo you idiots
>>
>>3677814
>>3677767
I came into this thread to insult ice climber and I am happy to see other snobs beat me to it.

Ice Climber sucks. The only reason anyone gives a shit about the game is because of ice climbers being in smash. It's a completely mediocre game, at best.
>>
Excictebike is fucking boring and Ice Climber would be good if the jump physics weren't so fucked.
>>
>>3677337

Someone just got butt hurt about one single comment in the Kid Icarus thread enough to make their own thread about it.
>>
>>3677317
>>3677317

If you'd know ANYTHING about Tetris, you'd know that Dr Mario has pioneered wall kick/floor kick mechanics, which Tetris has adopted FROM Dr Mario (and then proceeded to break the fucking game with them due to bullshit that is Infinity). And let's not talk about "colored tetris" variants that were inspired by Dr Mario. This game is MAJORLY influential to entirety of puzzle game genre.

In addition to that, Dr Mario has one amazing thing that Tetris doesn't: a victory state, and level design. If anything, Nintendo sucks dicks for trying to pretend that Dr Mario works best as a generic "endless puzzler" rereleased on the cheap banking on nostalgia, instead of making pre-designed challenge levels - I think only one Dr Mario game had actual story mode, when the premise and core design BEGS for one.
Dr Mario is not the reason Nintendo treats their puzzlers like shit, it's just that they don't care about stuff that isn't nostalgic.
>>3677338
Puyo Puyo was released a year AFTER Dr Mario, and creator specifically named Dr Mario (and Tetris) as inspiration, you thick fuck.
>>
>>3677312
I actually like dr. mario
>>
>>3677980
I could not care less about these things you wrote. I don't care if the game mechanics are pioneers, the game is still a piece garbage. The puzzle game needs to be fun and addictive, and dr Mario are neither of these things.
>>
>>3679304
>a puzzle game*
>dr mario is*
Sorry about the spelling mistakes.
>>
File: 14818091437832072875582.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
14818091437832072875582.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Whats the best dr mario? Picked up gb version for 2$
>>
>>3679313
I grew up with this version, so I'm a bit biased, but I think the gameboy version is the way to go. Nes version is fine too, though.
>>
File: Dr. Mario.jpg (20KB, 408x360px) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Mario.jpg
20KB, 408x360px
>>3677312
That Fever soundtrack though, how could you hate that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CB1fFeb1n8
>>
>>3680250
And of course:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc-EP-0xEDQ

And:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3deBh9I5uI
>>
>>3679313
Ughh. Clean your filthy fingernails! Have you not the slightest bit of shame?
>>
>>3677312

Dr. Mario is awesome, you shit eating casual
>>
>>3677312
>>3680250
chill > fever
>>
I'm #11 in NWC via NES Remix. Most of you obviously don't know how to play Dr. Mario correctly. It's not just dropping a pill and getting just 4 or more of the same color. It's about chaining. There's tons of variables and ways to do the biggest combo. Tetris and Puyo there's only 5 of the same drop a peice, think where to spin, think of 3 peices ahead and hoping it'll work out. There's a huge learning curve on Dr. Mario. I suggest checking out NWC on NES Remix. It's not about speed-running. You can play on the slowest speed and gain millions of more points in a tree-drop/stair-drop. It's interesting.
>>
File: YouMad.jpg (15KB, 319x243px) Image search: [Google]
YouMad.jpg
15KB, 319x243px
>>3677980
>>
>>3681902
this board is about old games, not old memes.
>>
File: 825162-gb.jpg (6KB, 229x281px) Image search: [Google]
825162-gb.jpg
6KB, 229x281px
>>3677312
I had a better time playing Dr. Mario than playing Tetris/Ice Climbers/Excitebike.
Fun facts about Dr. Mario:
>It's not a ripoff
>Has VERY catchy music
>Has funny graphics
>It's challenging
>Its rules are neither overcomplicated or too simple
>It'd still be a great game without that whole 'Mario' thing
I'm not even joking.
>>
>>3677980
This post would make the penguinposter proud.
>>
>>3682027
>It'd still be a great game without that whole 'Mario' thing

Can confirm. I've played a non-retro freeware clone of it called Dr Horst and had a blast.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.