[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did the 3DS port of this game casualize it beyond just giving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 49309_front.jpg (73KB, 490x540px) Image search: [Google]
49309_front.jpg
73KB, 490x540px
Did the 3DS port of this game casualize it beyond just giving Pit the ability to slow fall?
>>
>>3676346
>casuals need a third dimension
>>
I don't think so, but you don't have to play it with the physics cheats on if you don't want.

It's a nice little port, the backgrounds they added are a good addition (even if they aren't system accurate) and I appreciate that they used the sound from the FDS version. It's too bad we didn't get a Metroid port in the same vein. I know Zero Mission would make that largely redundant for most people, but not for me.
>>
>>3676356

Yeah, I agree, the 3DS classics line of games died way too soon. Maybe if Nintendo hadn't led with winners like Excite Bike and Urban Champion they would have done a little better.
>>
>>3676384
At least we got Kirby and Kid Icarus. Both are great.
>>
>>3676346
is this the hardest NES game?
>>
>>3676607

It's hard but I've definitely played harder.

Whomp 'eM is like a bizarre mix of kid icarus, megaman, and Adventure of Link, and it's way harder.
>>
>>3676607

Solomon's Key or Castlevania III

I've never beaten either, beat Kid Icarus though
>>
>>3676607
It's balls-to-the-wall hard during the first few levels and then gets progressively easier as the game continues.

It's one of the few games I can think of where its start is harder than its end.
>>
File: IMG_4633.jpg (52KB, 600x514px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4633.jpg
52KB, 600x514px
>>3676384
>not liking excitebike and urban champion
>>
>>3676346
No they casualized it with the microtransactions that refi- OH WAIT THAT DIDN'T FUCKING HAPPEN YOU CHILD MOLESTER
>>
File: oo.png (422KB, 450x480px) Image search: [Google]
oo.png
422KB, 450x480px
>>3676868
>>
>>3676829

I think they're fine ( I like Urban champion, and think Excitebike is ok )

But they're not exactly the kind of games that would generate a lot of hype or make a lot of sales compared to say 3D Mario, Zelda, or Metroid.

Even if they had to pick some of their more arcadey titles, they could have gone with Donkey Kong or Dr. Mario or something like that.
>>
>>3676794
Most RPGs are like that.
>>
>>3676905
>>3676794

Also 2D metroid games, except for the bosses.
>>
>>3676384
They didn't die out because of lack of interest, they died out because Nintendo realized it was way harder to do and make look good than they expected.
>>
>>3676885
>Shit on Excitebike and imply Dr. Fucking Mario is hype

wew lad go fuck yourself
>>
>>3676607
Battletoads would be my choice, it makes Castlevania 3 or Adventure of Link seems far easy in comparison.

>>3676794
>It's one of the few games I can think of where its start is harder than its end.
The first NES Bomberman is the highest example possible.
>In the start you can't even kill a ballon
>After some levels you're pretty much a immortal god

>>3676905
I don't agree, some RPGs starts easy but gets harder later, it depends of the game and your way to play, I guess.
>>
>>3676607

Kid Icarus is full of fuckery that makes the game hard as balls in sometimes needless ways, but even the Eggplant Curse has nothing on Ghosts and Goblins fucked up enemy behavior.
>>
>>3677926
>im a kid who can't git gud.
Ask your gramps to help you through the hard parts. Or use save states like the rest of your degeneration.
>>
>>3678772
>hard parts
>in this easy as shit game
>>>/v/
>>
>>3676607
Kid Icarus is a cakewalk compared to Silver Surfer
>>
>>3678772
>not using save states in kid icarus
Nigga what? You like typing passwords?
>>
>>3678782
Project much?

>>3678945
Don't get hit kiddo.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.