[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why cant i ever get mame roms to work? I somehow got aliens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20161212-134301.png (1012KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161212-134301.png
1012KB, 1920x1080px
Why cant i ever get mame roms to work?

I somehow got aliens vs predator to work because it told me i needed the european version as well. Now for simpsons i got pack 1 and 2 and it still doesnt work.

Is it because of the mame version? Where can i get the most up to date mame roms?
>>
planetemu is pretty up-to-date. it also points to the main rom.

u need qsound.zip for cps2 and some cps1 roms.

for simpsons, u need to get the 4player europe version. For roms with a bunch of different variations, look for the one with the biggest size because that will usually be the main rom. Also, planetemu always has a link to the main rom even if you click on a uh.. 'non-main' rom.
>>
create an account on pleasuredome (google it), you can start downloading MAME roms right away in various formats, rollback sets, videosnaps, etc. There are lots of instructions on their wiki as well.

Just make sure to seed back what you download so you dont get shit listed.
>>
>>3673617
I looked on there and theres a huge list. Ive downloaded them all almost and it still doesnt work
>>
I got it working but is there any way to switch myself to player 2,3, or 4?
>>
>>3674001
u have to manually set your controls for them. Or just play the 2player version and u can choose which character u want
>>
When is this game coming to consoles?
>>
>>3674665
Due to license hell.... Never.
>>
>>3673608

>Download complete torrent.
>Done.

Underage separate rom downloading plebs.
>>
Easiest way to do this:

Go to one of the rom sites that have an entire Mame collection download. It's about 60GB or so. Try to get the most recent one.

Save it to a SD card or USB flash drive and uncompress the file onto that card or drive. You should have tens of thousands of zip files now. Do nothing else with this.

Download the newest MAME with GUI interface for windows. Select rom path in the MAME options to the drive.

Select a game in mame and have fun.
>>
>>3673608
"Smart"phones and tablets (normie devices) are the LEAST authentic way to do retrogaming.
>>
>>3673608
i cant either
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (95KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
95KB, 1920x1080px
>>3673608

Because MAME is ghey and is a massive conspiracy to plunder a buncha arcade system board codes while conforming under its universal umbrella paradigm of universalization.
>>
>>3676837

*supposed (universal umbrella paradigm)
>>
>>3676840

And which was nothing more than a fedoracore's wet dream and midnight snack.
>>
>>3676843

Worst emulator evar
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.