[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As a long time Brood Wars fan I'm just now dipping my toe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

As a long time Brood Wars fan I'm just now dipping my toe into Age of Empires 2, let's have a thread about it.
Anyone up for some games of the HD Edition on Steam?
>>
>>3673370
This. This is my game, slong with WC3 TFT Exp, and Diablo II with LoD Exp. I remember starting out with AoE with the RoR Exp. Then seen AoEII and TC Exp. Lost my mind and bought it and loved it. I got the HD version but dont have much time playing it lately, along with any other game because being a manager sucks my life away.
>>
>>3673843
Along with my spelling, grammar, etc
>>
>>3673370
I need to get a low res monitor so I can actually play this while being able to see what's going on
>>
If you like RTS, you will like OpenRA www.openra.net
>>
>>3673849
>>3673843
Add me on steam and we can play some games, though I'm pretty terrible.
IGN: The Horse With No Name
>>
http://aoccs.net
AoE II HD Compatibility Patch
Download Patch
Introduction

This is a community created compatibility update for Age of Empires II HD to support the original The Conquerors. This patch does not violate copyright, no files from the original CD are used -- more on this below. The purpose of the patch is to provide a quick and legal way to purchase the HD version of the game through Steam, and add compatibility with the regular AoE II.
>>3673872
low res?
26 inches 4k TV as pc monitor?

just choose 2k res and let it double pixels
>>
samuros will fuck up lephants
>>
They're releasing a new expansion in a few days:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/488060
>>
>>3676062
guiness record for RTS game with more than 100 different armies when?

its nice that they are making two new expansions by hiring the fans that did The Forgotten, but at some point its gonna just fuck up all tactics as they keep changing pre estabilished things to make new civs balanced compared to the old

in 2000s expansions (not just aoe) intruced new content AND interface improvement, it was a form of renewing the game for a few more years until the next installment of that game series with radical shift in mechanics.

now what they are doing is just some WoW tier milking of the franchise

they should just make a new AoE encompassing aoe1 and aoe2 periods in a new engine with more interface and less micro, and they could go ahead and re-release aoe1 and aoe2 as is as a "classic mode" in the new engine

imagine aoe2 with changeable perspectives
or
aoe2 savagethebatlefornewerth style (RTS/3PS), each plummed archer is a faggot playing from mobile or xbox , and the army generals are the regular RTS players on their PCs
>>
>>3676062
Why did they skip Thailand and the Dutch?
Are they going to give the Persians a different unit because elephants belong to SEA now?
>>
I'd also like to play a game with you guys. OP what's your steam?
>>
>>3677439
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198049676344
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.