[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Considering I want to start a retro collection and setup my house"s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 123123.jpg (739KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
123123.jpg
739KB, 1000x667px
Considering I want to start a retro collection and setup my house"s basement as a manchild cave, is there any website aside from ebay or amazon I should know about? Local sellers are being juice and demand way more than ebay sellers too.

Anything would be helpful
>>
Most collectors bought their games years ago so you're going to be left with slim pickings and high prices. Your best bet is to wait for nice lots from people getting rid of their kids shit on craigslist. It may not be there now... but just wait and they will show up, make sure you're the first to email or if they put their # in the ad call them asap if it's good. During those down times check for local flea markets, hit up ALL your local pawn shops, retro shops, make sure to check the clearance areas too. Don't bother with Goodwill, I haven't seen anything other than shitty ps2/xbox games there in years.
>>
>>3672207
Yes I figured as much.

Guess I'll go check out pawn shops tomorrow
>>
>>3672184
Do you want all that crap in the picture or just a lot of systems and games?
>>
>>3672215
Independent pawn shops have a pretty high chance of ebay prices so make sure to check out all the pawn americas around you if you have them. They get so much shit that a lot of stuff never gets price checked. I bought 6 Marvel Blu Rays and 3 of them were 3d for $5 a piece last Friday at one. Hopefully you get lucky anon.
>>
>>3672237
I just chose that pic at random on google.

I want old systems and game to play on my CRTV and couch in a cave full of vintage video game posters all around.
>>
>>3672240
I obviously don't know what your income is but if you buy a game or two a week you'd be surprised how fast your collection grows. Especially when your actually play and trying to beat, said purchased games.
>>
That reminds me I need to get my panasonic q from my mom and dads
>>
Bpokmark Craigslist, bookmark specific ebay searches (I check "Sega" daily) and only buy if it's a deal.

Check pawn shops too, they sometimes price shit without checking.

Don't let someone charge you ebay prices on craigslist. I'm not driving to some chucklefuck's house with no garuntee of condition for the same money I could have it delivered for, and neither should you. Craigslist eliminates the middle man and there should be a price cut for it.
>>
>>3672260
I have pretty decent income and I don't really aim to make it grow too quickly. Like you say, each pay I get I'll get something new, be it a poster or a new cartridge.

Although knowing myself I'll have to be careful. I have a hard time controlling my wallet when it comes to games.
>>
>>3672262
Yeah I noticed some vendors know jack shit about their products and under-price vintage stuff.

Although I'm sure I,m really late for the big deals on old hardware.
>>
I made friends with the owner of my local used video game store when I was 14. He's moved twice since then but he still sort of remembered me. Every few months I give him a list of games I'm looking for and he buys them knowing I'll get them from him and he usually gives me a pretty good deal, something lower than eBay. Try to find a local shop you can hang around once in awhile.
>>
32 now btw
>>
finding stacks of cartridges at goodwill was the norm in the pre retro days
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.