[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are some import friendly famicom games? im tried of these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

what are some import friendly famicom games? im tried of these resellers have a million dollar pice tag on their US SNES games., when I could be buying jap games for a fraction of that price.
>>
File: $_1 (1).jpg (21KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_1 (1).jpg
21KB, 400x300px
>>3672062
Prices on that shit are going up though
I just ordered mario allstars
>>
>>3672068
its still better then the US market by far.
>>
Buy a Chinese everdrive.
Join the dark side
>>
>>3672062

>Chinese everdrive

What search terms should I use on what websites.

Because all I can find is truckloads of bootleg multicarts and some repros of select games.
>>
>>3672134

oops, ment to reply to >>3672134
>>
>>3672062
Just get an everdrive or something comparable to it. Game prices are already going up in Japan and it won't get any better. Even Kevin Bayliss is now importing games from Japan like Killer Instinct, Battletoads and the DKC games even though he worked on them himself while he was at Rare ... (source, his twitter)
>>
>>3672134
Go on eBay and search super everdrive
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjmwE-fHd0Q
>>
>>3672134
Search "RARE ORIGINAL TOTALLY NOT FAKE EVERDRIVE" Guaranteed to return 100% chink ED results.
>>
>>3672134
Find a taobao agent. Go on taobao.com and search everdrive. Ask the agent to ship it to you. You'll save a ton of money.

Looks like aliexpress is starting to crack down on this stuff so that's the way to go.
>>
>>3672068
nice!!
>>
>>3676946
It's only going up if you buy it within the US. That's a very big hint at where you should be looking.
>>
>>3672453
>>3672453
>$60
Fuck why am I this cheap
>>
>>3672101
Keep in mind if the OP buys an everdrive, he'll still have to buy certain mapper-chip imports like Dragon Ball Z Hyper Dimension and Star Ocean
>>
>>3672062
It's just basic supply and demand. A lot of us snes games are rare with not many printings. Which is why they're expensive.
>>
>>3678130
Might as well pay the extra $40 and get the cloned sd2snes off taobao. It's half the price of the real thing and goes a long way to mitigate the problem mentioned by >>3678163

Also the super everdrive clones are shit and can't be updated because the guy that makes the originals puts shit in the updates to cripple them. sd2snes is open source though, everything you need to make one is publicly available on github so the clones hold up better. You just have to worry about possible poor build quality and lack of msu audio support. I just ordered one myself because I don't care about the msu shit.
>>
>>3678170
and that's why every average joe and his mother are searching for prototypes, right?
>>
File: qchyLGH.jpg (2MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
qchyLGH.jpg
2MB, 2160x3840px
>>3672062

Console was a little beat up when I got it like this nearly 2 years ago, but the games i have and play are all really cheap.

Yoshi's Island (in the system) like 15 CAD

ALTTP around 15 as well

Super Donkey Kong (DKC) around 10

Rockman X (MMX) was close to 30 if i remember. My cart is a little fucky and takes a billion tries to get it to start

Not pictured but Kirby Super star was close to 30. I cant remember what the US price was but it was like ultra expensive. I also cant really play this game because its japanese and has a absolute shitload of menuing. not even joking i just fuck around until I get to some kind of game.
>>
>>3680984
SDK is inferior though since they nerfed the difficulty for the japs
>>
How hard is it to mod the snes to play famicom games? I have a shitty snes I don't mind taking apart.
>>
>>3684126
You don't need to even take it apart. Just need some pliers. See the youtube videos.
>>
>>3684135
awesome, tons of games are so cheap in japanese
>>
>>3684157
Having a US SNES is better for that reason, if you have a Super Famicom or PAL SNES you have to widen the cartridge slot to be able to play US released games. You'll require an actual mod if you want to play PAL games though and a few of them are exclusively released there. Everdrive or SD2SNES solves this problem of course.
>>
>>3683657
Barely
The better title screen makes it worth
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.