[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>don't have a working CRT but have a Famicom >don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1380601381315.jpg (44KB, 317x379px) Image search: [Google]
1380601381315.jpg
44KB, 317x379px
>don't have a working CRT but have a Famicom
>don't have an everdrive so I can't play any games on it besides the original SMB
>don't have a USB controller to play the games on an emulator even if I wanted to
>don't want to spend like $300 on an AVS and an Everdrive because HDMI is not what the developers intended
Why is retro gaming so retardedly obtuse outside of a few popular systems? I would need to spend a minimum of $175 just to play all the games for a 33 year old system through the shittiest video connection, and the price only raises with every other option besides emulation.
>>
>>3670140
Dude just re-read what u just wrote in its entirety.
You have to spend 175 so you can play EVERY game the system has to offer, and your mad cuz expensive stuff keeps getting more expensive?
I mean you are just one big first world problem.
Emulate the games and play them on a crt wtf u so mad about kid.
>>
>trade famicom for nes
>play nes games
it's that easy
>>
File: 1478731186638.jpg (75KB, 594x592px) Image search: [Google]
1478731186638.jpg
75KB, 594x592px
>>3670140
>don't want to spend like $300 on an AVS and an Everdrive because HDMI is not what the developers intended
>>
>>3670140
The developers didn't intend shit.
HDMI is just a signal format.
Composite is a limiting factor. They made their shit the best they possibly could and then couldn't affect the signals they had to deal with.

They didn't purposefully make their games look shitty because who the fuck cares anyway!

Their games are supposed to look like the sprite art that was produced for them.
>>
If $175 for easy access to every game on a system is too expensive then just emulate or get a job.
>>
You can buy a cheap pirate multicart.
>>
>>3670140
Check Craigslist for free CRTs where you live, I got a huge Trinitron for free from someone literally a street over from me.
Go on AliExpress and buy a PocketGames multicart. They're usually blue or yellow and have a menu with Mega Man on it. They're cheap in build but they have a ton of games on them. They're usually around five bucks.
>>
>>3670140
you can get those nes-controller-port-to-usb things on ebay for like $4 and i live in a small town and can always find cheap crt monitors on craigslist. and even then the latter is just if you dont want input lag. just use a blarg filter if you only want the retro look
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.