[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you play around Christmas time? Any /vr/ Christmas stories?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

What do you play around Christmas time? Any /vr/ Christmas stories?

I beat Gannon on Christmas Eve 1989, so it has been a tradition to play through once a year. I also like to play the winter levels in SNES Donkey Kong on Christmas day. They seem comfy and slow to me.
>>
File: jEUTbhQ.png (9KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
jEUTbhQ.png
9KB, 640x448px
>>3670115
No stories really, not that big into Christmas. But I do play Blue Stinger in December for it's over the fucking top christmas stuff and because it's an awesome game.
>>
Every year, I start a turn based rpg at the beginning of December and try to beat it by New Year. Sort of a way to unwind from working retail. This year I'm trying to finish Phantasy Star.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (12KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
12KB, 256x192px
Toy commander on the dreamcast wIll allways be my Christmas game.
>>
>>3670115
>Snow levels
>Comfy and slow

Fuq U op. Dkc 3 had that toboggan level that was such shit. It is only slow in that it is autistic.
>>
File: Merry_Christmas.jpg (836KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Merry_Christmas.jpg
836KB, 2592x1944px
>>3670115
Christmas NiGHTS

My reaction to opening up the launch model Playstation was very similar to the 2 kids finding out about the Nintendo 64 they got for the holidays. I guess I was more surprised because the box was way smaller than those of the NES and SNES, so I didn't expect a console at all.
>>
>>3670115
I love to do a 103 run of DKC3 with the MERRY cheatcode so every bonus level has a christmas vibe. Other games are chosen randomly around the time, sometimes /vr/-related and other times not.
>>
>>3670115
I'll play Daze Before Christmas this year. I remember renting it, so I recently grabbed a cart and it's pretty damn good. I'm saving it for christmas.
>>
I replay cave Story every Christmas.
>>
What about fps?
>>
File: evJh98Z.jpg (81KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
evJh98Z.jpg
81KB, 480x360px
>>3670115

I got Pokemon Blue for Christmas the year it came out, along with Harvest Moon GB. Harvest Moon auto-saves. And as I switched back and forth through the day between both games, I forgot which of the two auto-saved, so I turned off Pokemon after four hours of gameplay without saving.

I mainly cherish that day because I woke up at 4am and played my games, and ate an entire pumpkin pie. My sisters woke up and were pissed that they didn't get any. Pic related.
>>
>>3670115
Every year
>>
>>3670115
The rope game.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLVJ0U45xn4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA_uZKJeLjE

snow levels are comfy
>>
quake kinda feels comfy as a vault from the cold and snow
>>
Merry Gear Solid 1/2
http://www.g4g.it/2010/01/01/merry-gear-solid-2-the-ghosts-of-christmas-past/
>>
Bump

There must be some nice winter games! Everything mentioned so far is either shit or irrelevant.
>>
>>3670115
>Any /vr/ Christmas stories?
I got my Sega Genesis, SNES and N64 for Chrismas. Strong memories there. I know I've always heard that your sense of smell is more strongly tied to memory than any other, but it's true. The thing I remember most is the smell of those consoles coming out of their cardboard and styrofoam prisons. I have a friend who collects SNES stuff and he has one still in the original box. The even after all these years, just one whiff took me right back.

I recall getting my N64 happened in 1998. My mom had kind of deflected my pleas for one in '96 and '97, so by '98 I had stopped asking and was saving up money to get one myself. The she surprised me. Even got me Ocarina of Time without me having to ask, because she knew I liked Zelda. The pain of it all was trying to hook it up because our TV was old as fuck and only had RF inputs.

Christmas mornings were always bittersweet. I'd always get something awesome, but as soon as we were done opening presents, we'd have to head out to my Grandma's, then we'd spend the whole day visiting family and stuff. Wouldn't get back home to actually play any vidya until like 7 PM. The year I got a gameboy was pretty fun, though. I must have killed two sets of batteries playing Tetris and Mario Land on the go.

>>3675042
There was a thread for comfy winter games not too long ago. Check the archive.
>>
>>3670115
Typically I find games that resonate strongest around Christmas are most likely the ones you actually first got/played on Christmas. It has very little to do with the theme or setting of the game.

Mario World, Sonic 2, Yoshi's Island, Ocarina of Time, Harvest Moon 64 and a few others always take me back when I fire them up this time of year, because I remember the rush of playing them for the first time while wearing my pajamas, amidst a sea of open boxes and torn wrapping paper.
>>
>>3675257
>I must have killed two sets of batteries playing Tetris and Mario Land on the go

Were those two bundled with the gameboy? My sister had the same combination. We never bought batteries though, we just took turns sitting next to the power socket. Great humble memories.
>>
>>3675386
Tetris was bundled with it, definitely. I recall getting only that, and then getting Mario Land from my aunt later that same Christmas.

Considering there were only 5 games at launch and the other three were Alleyway, Baseball and Tennis, it's not surprising most people owned Tetris and Mario Land.
>>
>>3670115
cant beat zelda
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.