[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please tell me what you know about the gpd win. Looking to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3495.png (237KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3495.png
237KB, 640x1136px
Please tell me what you know about the gpd win. Looking to get one to play some lords of the realm 2 while at work
Please and thanks
>>
So, is this the next incarnation of the Retron guy?

Oh, right. My wife's son really enjoyed it, OP!
>>
>>3665939
Wtf are u talking about faggot
>>
>>3665928

It's an Android device. Android emulation sucks. End of story.

Now, are you going to bring in all your mobile IPs to samefag the thread and launch ad hominems at anyone who tells you not to waste your money on an overpriced Android device that isn't worth a shit? It's your move, Shekelstein. Don't think I haven't come prepared this time.
>>
>>3665946
It's not called the gpd win
Because it runs on android u goddamn buffoon
>>
>>3665946
This autism is incredible. In fact it is so bad that I think you might not have autism because this goes beyond even what an autist would have issues with.
>>
>>3665928
It really isn't strong enough to do as much as you think, yet stronger than you think as well. I had one and I could play WoW at incredibly low settings, but that was it. Anything truthfully new, with crap optimizing, will kill the GPD. Things like Overwatch worked (I hate the game but a friend tested it), so it does work but at ultra low settings. I would be Lords of the Fallen would only get 15-20 fps even at lowest of resolutions.

For emulation it also is kind of junk. It is better than most tablets (ios mostly) but no where near as good as Android in a lot of cases. In fact, you have to use ARC welder in chrome to get good emulation going in certain situations. It fails at times at being as good as a Surface 3 using the same X7. Look up stuff about the Surface 3, and expect the GPD win to be in that range of power.

Also, watch out for videos that showcase the power of the device where it doesn't look like a person is even playing it. I already bought my GPD, and wanted to compare fps to other people, in some cases I saw a video of a person playing something that IN NO WAY AT ALL could have been on the GPD after tinkering with it myself.
>>
>>3665946
i guess you didn't see the windows OS in the fucking picture
>>
>>3666013
Op here. I am going to be playing old windows 95 and Windows 98 games on this. Do you think it would work well for that
>>
>>3665928

>$350 for a 5 inch laptop
>>
>>3666032
People pay extra for minimization. Laptop - you have to carry a bag with a few kilos of weight. This thing you can fit in your pocket - it's literally the size of 3DSxl - it even ifts in the same case. Compareable power and functionality (upper hand over tablets - ports and keyboard) with much more portability.

>>3666021
It's Win10 only and that's not very compatible with old stuff. You'll need to either look for compatibility patches, or set up a virtual machine (that eats some performance).

>>3666013
AAA gaming on laptops in general is a bad idea. The lowest price range for a laptop that can handle AAA title of the past 3-4 years with any degree of playability is about 750+ bucks (because laptops of compareable specs cost more than desktops duh).

However that thing seems to handle Fallout: NV relatively well, and with some tinkering, I think it should be able to run it at 30-40 fps with medium settings.

I have actually ordered one of these - from the last batch where they fixed the driver crash issues, and it's coming my way. If everything will be ok, ill be doing some vids on how to run retro stuff on it, and on tweaking newer games to get decent performance (at least 30+fps) as well.
>>
>>3666021
I have one. I just finished the Gabriel Knight series and have started the Tex Murphy games, all through DOS box and everything ran smoothly. Adventure P&Cs are kinda my niche and I haven't had any problems so far. Also some modern rpgmaker games and a couple of modern FPS's ran fine as well as morrowind. Lots of emulation as well. I find that it's much more suited to games that don't require a fast reaction time as there's something up with the polling frequency of the controller but GPD just released an update to address that issue and I haven't installed it yet. For what you want to do it will work but it's expensive (for me anyway).
>>
>>3666254
Thank you very much
>>
File: ss+(2016-12-09+at+09.02.50).png (69KB, 1150x288px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-12-09+at+09.02.50).png
69KB, 1150x288px
>>3665928
Enough of these threads already
https://desuarchive.org/vr/search/text/GPD/capcode/user/type/op/filter/text/
>>
>>3666032
>for a 5 inch laptop
but that's the point
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.