[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wonder where the idea for this came from. I get that Conker's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: Dinosaur_planet_wallpaper.jpg (129KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Dinosaur_planet_wallpaper.jpg
129KB, 1024x768px
I wonder where the idea for this came from. I get that Conker's Bad Fur Day is supposed to be an adult version of Warner Bro's and other cartoons/kid's stuff. But what possibly was the influence for this.
>>
It was Rare making a Zelda game with furries. Much earlier than Okami. And to tell you the truth i have mixed feelings. Probably the game would have been awesome in the N64, but it would have been launched around 2001-2002, and at that it would have sold like fucking shit while the PS2 was gangraping everyone.
>>
>>3664191
I don't really about it anymore. You still technically got the game albeit in a butchered form. I don't think it would have been magically better had it stayed to course. Once you get over the high of the unknown from betas and things of that nature, you realize that one you play 1 N64 Rareware game, you've played them all. >>3664194 literally what he said. Just a Zelda clone with furshit in it.

And had it arrived for N64, it would of course tank in sales by that time period of 2001-2002, and I didn't really like how they tried to squeeze power out of the system just because "muh legacy". Tooie, Goldeneye and Perfect Dark have fuckawful framerates. Imagine Dinosaur Planet. Probably 5 FPS.

And lastly, they began to lose their luster with Conker, so yeah. Wouldn't have mattered either way what they did in the end.
>>
>>3664938
>Tooie, Goldeneye and Perfect Dark have fuckawful framerates. Imagine Dinosaur Planet. Probably 5 FPS.

I don't agree with this. First up, you've included Goldeneye, a game released in 1997, among games released several years later. Secondly, Tooie was rushed for release and somewhat unfinished (witness the sloppy Swap and Stop and the almost-completed-but-cut Bottles' Revenge feature). This probably explains why Tooie seems to keep a stable framerate in many complex scenes but many times has a bad framerate when it is displaying literally nothing. It obviously didn't receive that final important pass of optimization.

Perfect Dark had a tumultuous development (half of the team, the most important Goldeneye people, left through development). They reused the Goldeneye engine with only minor improvements literally because of time restraints. David Doak wanted Rare to make a new and more efficient engine but he left and it never progressed beyond a prototype.

Had Dinosaur Planet been properly refined (and not so much time wasted on literally reprogramming it for a different console) it might have run extremely well. It's not just a matter of "add graphics and it runs slower", work can also be put into optimization. Even Conker which doesn't always run at a good framerate (~20 FPS) displays the kind of advanced graphics that would have caused lesser N64 software to literally run at 5 FPS.
>>
>>3664194
>>3664938

>Furries
>Furshit

If you look at the beta footage it looks like every other Rare N64 game with cutesy characters with big googly eyes and silly voices. Nothing furry about it. It certainly became that way heading to the Gamecube but I've no reason to believe Krystal growing tits and a big ass was part of its original design.
>>
>>3664191
>>3664194
I actually love star fox adventures
>>
File: dinoplanet0342.jpg (19KB, 320x240px)
dinoplanet0342.jpg
19KB, 320x240px
>>3665309
It would've been a way better game on Nintendo 64. The reason why most people consider Adventures average is because they had to remake it as fast as possible to sell on a brand new system that they had never worked on before. Also they had to make it how Nintendo wanted instead of being a new IP.
>>
>>3665214
>Nothing furry about it.
>>
>>3667141
what's up with her face?
>>
>>3667675
approaching 100% furry levels
>>
>>3667134
Still doesn't change the fundamental part of the game, the gameplay.
>>
>>3667134
Rareware did what nintendo does but in better, if they has got time they would have make a greater game for sure.
Adventure felt unfinished, and the final boss came out stupidly from nowhere. If my memory is right, you don't even fight the lizard general and that was bullshit.
The final boss was so disappointing if you know what i mean (trying to spoil the less possible)
>>
File: giggle.png (142KB, 816x587px) Image search: [Google]
giggle.png
142KB, 816x587px
>>3668227
>Rareware did what nintendo does but in better
>this is what Rarefags actually believe
And they say Treasure fans are the delusional ones?
>>
>>3664191
>Conker's Bad Fur Day is supposed to be an adult version of Warner Bro's and other cartoons/kid's stuff.
Conker's Bad Fur Day was because everyone was seeing Conker 64 as "yet another happy cheerful mascot platformer from Rare" and Rare said "fuck that."
>>
>>3664938
The only thing butchered is the ending. The rest of the game is literally the same as it was on N64 according to the leaked hour long gameplay footage.
>>
>>3665214
>If you look at the beta footage it looks like every other Rare N64 game with cutesy characters with big googly eyes and silly voices
>Dinosaur Planet
did we watch the same footage? because none of that was in Dinosaur Planet.
>>
>>3667134
>Also they had to make it how Nintendo wanted
Biggest misconception about Adventures. Nintendo made the suggestion to add the Star Fox IP. Rare didn't have to take it.
>>
>>3669229
But it's true for the most part
The two Banjo games were infinitely superior to Mario 64
Diddy Kong Racing was superior to Mario Kart 64
And every Donkey Kong game from DKC to DK64 was superior to anything Nintendo did with the franchise right up until Retro made DKCR, which again wasn't even Nintendo.
>>
>>3669772

don't reply to the schizoposter.
>>
You mean the idea behind the concept and setting of the game?

I always thought Starfox Adventures had a sort of Dinotopia feel to it, the whole "civilized dinosaurs" thing in a semi-realistic way, not cartoony.
SF Adventures has a kind of serious tone to it even though it's still cartoony, it isn't like Banjo Kazooie or Donkey Kong.
Dinotopia doesn't have furry characters though, it's humans. But Rare were already doing all kind of furry characters already, so.
>>
>>3669758
I mean, it wasn't just Nintendo, it was Miyamoto. We might never know what kind of person he is in the workplace, but considering almost everyone uses his suggestions whether they're good or not tells me they don't really have a choice.
>>
>>3669786
Okay, I agree with that.
>>
>>3669772
>The two Banjo games were infinitely superior to Mario 64
Haha, not quite. The level design and physics in SM64 far surpass any insipid Rareware collectathon. They aren't even in the same league, really. Banjo games were decent but Mario 64 is still an unrivaled masterpiece in its genre.

>Diddy Kong Racing was superior to Mario Kart 64
F-Zero X shits on either as a racing game so who cares.

As for Donkey Kong, the DKC games were sub-par imitations of SMW, and DK64 was one of the most bloated, glitchy, and horribly thought out 3D platformers I've had the misfortune of clearing. And the most enjoyable and innovative Donkey Kong game is actually Jungle Beat, which was made by the Mario Galaxy Team.

tl;dr you have awful tastes and you just have an irrational hateboner for Nintendo.

>>3669778
How is that being schizo?
>>
>>3670585
>How is that being schizo?

I was referring to the guy who posts the giggle.png reaction image.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.