[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Before I die I just need to know one thing. Has anyone else

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (146KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
146KB, 1440x1080px
Before I die I just need to know one thing. Has anyone else played and beaten E.G.G?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9GxyEIiaFM&list=PL3233CD291816027A
>>
>>3661459
I got it from a friend who didn't like it and handed it off to me.

I got as far as the stupid 14-gate puzzle or whatever before I quit in frustration.

Also, a lot of the walkthroughs seem inaccurate.
>>
>>3661459
Never beat it because I got lost at one point and couldn't progress. Great game tho.
>>
>>3661459
I beat it, and all the egg-races too.
The egg-races are my favorite mini game from any game I've played

>>3661524

I remember when I bought it as it first came out, I got stuck where you need to burn a log to progress.
>>
I started it a couple of years ago. Still need to finish it.
>>
File: tmp_814-wall-051900352604.jpg (165KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_814-wall-051900352604.jpg
165KB, 1024x768px
>>3661459
I beat it OP.

Got all the extras and secrets too.

Including the races and the robot parts.
>>
>>3661459
no but now i might play it before i die

these grooves are tasty
>>
I did recently, very cool game i like how its split into normal isometric view but goes into 3d fighting when you fight 1v1.
>>
>>3661781
Those 3d boss fights are fucking horrible
>>
It's like a Zelda Metroidvania.
>>
Is it playable on emulator? Seems like a fascinating game.
>>
>>3662292
Yeah, finished it on emulator without a single problem.
>>
>>3661459

It has some flaws, but loads of personality and charm. The artwork is beautiful too.
>>
>>3662314
I think it would be even better if it was as gritty as the cover suggests. It was a bit too colorful.
>>
>>3662243
Zelda is already a metroidvania.
>>
>>3662336
Only the first one. After that Zelda was more about segment after segment, not an open world where you needed to look for ways to progress.
>>
>>3662349
ALttP and Super Metroid have nearly identical gameplay mechanics except one is overhead action and the other is a sidescrolling platformer.
>>
>>3662372
>ALttP and Super Metroid have nearly identical gameplay mechanics
Literally what? I fucking hate this place.
>>
>>3662375
He's right though. They are actually very similar games. It's just not apparent on the surface.
>>
>>3662394
They're not, you guys are all fucking retarded. Metroid doesn't even have any puzzles, the one thing they share is that you sometimes need to spot hidden pathways which in alltp is extremely obvious indicated while in Super Metroid it's way harder to find secret pathways. There is also a lot of optional shit that Alltp really doesn't offer in that kind of way.

Super Metroid doesn't have an obvious structure. Attp has a very obvious level design, it actually isn't open at all. In Super Metroid there isn't such a thing as the obligatory item you need to move on to the boss. The bosses are also honest fights and not insert here gimmick item to win.

Not to mention that alltp is more puzzle and story than action. Super Metroid is almost completely action.

The only thing they have in common is needing items to move on but this is something almost any game with items has.
>>
>>3662402
Serious question, not trying to troll or anything, but have you actually played ALttP? I get the impression you haven't, at least not much of it.
>>
>>3662403
I have played every Zelda game and alltp is the one I like the least.

Now on the hand, have you ever played Super Metroid?
>>
>>3662406
It's just the way you describe lttp doesn't really align with how the game actually is. The bosses aren't really that gimmicky, there's quite a bit of optional things to do/collect (you can and will miss shit) and there's not really as much "puzzles" as you make it out to have, unless you consider dungeon keys puzzles.

And yes, I've definitely played Super Metroid.
>>
>>3662414
Like what? The golden master sword and a few heart pieces? Super Metroid had full fledged abilities never explained like the bomb jump, the wall jump and the extra abilities of the speed boost and there were also the extra powerbomb charge shots. Xray, and bomb jump were also completely optional.

A link to the past was handholding bullshit all the way trough and can only dream of being as deep in its controls. The bosses may have been more action oriented but they still had clear "this is my weakness, please fuck my shit up" game design which is just very weak.

Like Link has only extremely basic movement and you're telling me those two games are extremely similar? Super Metroid is an action platformer. Very often especially towards end game you need to do specific acrobatic moves that are hard to perform. In Zelda you need just to find the spot to get the reward, in Metroid you need to find the spot and you need the skill to reach it.

A link to the past is nothing like Super Metroid and it's also a pretty shitty game for casuals.
>>
>>3662427
Clearly they play differently you dense faggot. That's not what I meant. Also you must realize that zelda was meant for a lower age market than metroid, so of fucking course it's not going to be as difficult or as in depth, but there are definitely underlying design decisions that are similar in the games.
>>
>>3662438
Wow we went back from nearly idential gameplay mechanics to "a few similarities". Fuck off my man, you were just baiting in the first place and that other post you were samefagging to bait me further.
>>
>>3661459
Just started playing this on my phone (Oneplus Two) with my 8bitdo controller.
Works really well, just can't find out if it's possible to save state.

>phone
>emulator
>8bitdo NES30
Pls no bully.
>>
>>3662465
>wanting to play with save states
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>3662474
Well the built in save cards/carts aren't working.
Also, I said pls no bully and right now I'm so triggered you couldn't understand.

Also, pls no further bully
>>
>>3662493
Fuck off with this bully weeb meme. What kind of man are you? Needs to roleplay a little anime girl to get off on some secondhand image board.
>>
>>3662496
It's not a meme.
Also, no need to be a dick.
>>
>>3662497
You're being a dick by wanting to derail this into some anime roleplay to make yourself hard. How is it not a meme? You have seen other degenerates do this and now you replicate it. That's the very definition of a meme. Just talk normally. If you can't take the banter for real there is always reddit, no need to fuck around on here.
>>
>>3662501
I just wanted help with save states no need to tear me a new one, friend.
Can I call you friend?
I hope so as you obviously care for this board and for me.
Thanks also sorry for the English.
>>
>>3662507
That guy is a faggot. Quit responding to him.
>>
https://youtu.be/ULyef2Fhiys?t=8m40s

the narrator is really into this.
>>
I remember getting stuck at some hallway with a bunch of doors you would spin open but then had to rush through them. I could never make it fast enough to the end of it for whatever reason and stopped playing it. Maybe I should go back and try it again.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.