[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Stadium so fucking hard? I don't think I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

File: Pokemon Stadium.jpg (72KB, 640x442px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Stadium.jpg
72KB, 640x442px
Why was Stadium so fucking hard? I don't think I've win a single cup on it.
>>
>>3661302

If I remember right, there was a glitch where if you were a complete fucking retard of a child, you couldn't win a single cup
>>
File: OTooles-burger.jpg (385KB, 1196x928px) Image search: [Google]
OTooles-burger.jpg
385KB, 1196x928px
>>3661349
You sir deserve an extra serving of burger for that brutal comment.

Well done.
>>
>>3661302
Try revisiting it op, believe in yourself.
>>
>>3661349

Wow harsh and very edgy.
>>
>>3661368
there are other websites where you will be happier
>>
>>3661368
Pretty much /vr/ in a nutshell. They suck at their real lives and have no friends or love interests. So to compensate for feeling like shit for being a failure, they unnecessarily attack other posters.

Prove me wrong /vr/
>>
>>3661386
Who are you to define failure?
I have several katana's in my collection that cost more than you proberly earn in a year.
/thread
>>
>>3661302
>i used stock pokemon
>>
>>3661384

I didn't say that in a negative way, I found it hilarious.

>>3661386
I don't mind, that's the natural state of anonymous boards.
>>
RNG was really against you if you used rental Pokemon, not to mention their movesets were awful.
Best thing to do was import yours.
>>
This game forced me to git gud at Pokémon.
>>
>>3661409
the trick is that the shittier pokemon have better movesets in rentals, so that the choice between mons like Kadabra and Alakzam isn't obvious
>>
File: kek nicholson.jpg (47KB, 855x600px) Image search: [Google]
kek nicholson.jpg
47KB, 855x600px
>>3661394
>>
File: 1473463491601.png (59KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1473463491601.png
59KB, 292x257px
>>3661349
>>
File: 1459583514962.jpg (381KB, 883x835px) Image search: [Google]
1459583514962.jpg
381KB, 883x835px
>>3661349
>>
If you didn't import your own pokemon you had to get pretty lucky in some of the battles to win. The rental pokemon have either gimped stats or abilities and the final trainers have pokemon with abilities and stats you can't actually get in a regular game, let alone from the list of rental pokemon. I remember the last trainer in the 15-20 cup had a level 18 dragonair with dragon rage. When the average pokemon has 40hp the ability to do exactly 40 hp every attack(and the ridiculous speed to guarantee first strike) is pretty damn good. I built a team for every bracket and I gotta say it's one of my favorite pokemon games because of it. I wish the others were as challenging.
>>
>>3661349
top kektus
>>
>>3661302
Git gud. Its easy.
>>
Doesn't the game cheat by checking what move you pick prior to picking its move?
>>
I loved playing this shit when I was younger, especially since the original game was so easy and this one had a real sense of challenge. I built my own team and exploited item duping to give everyone the best TMs and stats I could, but it was still tough. And unlocking the Dodrio Game Boy mode was one of the best rewards ever.

On another note, did Pokemon Stadium's battle engine fix any of the bugs from the original games? I feel like it did but don't remember for sure.
>>
>>3662037

>abilities
>in gen 1

You mean attacks?
>>
>>3661302
>>3661409
>>3662003

Exactly, the preset moves for the better mons are terrible. This meant picking haunter or kadabra over their evolutions for example.

When the difficulty increases, the opponents have their pokemon with nearly maxed DV values( DV are your genes essentially, born when first caught and cannot change for the player in the coliseum games. rental/stock have 0 DV values while the opponents have 15 at some points, its a huge discrepancy when the first strike can mean winning the entire battle and speed is important.)

You also have your EV system called stat experience. For defeating a pokemon in battle in the games, for example pidgey you gain HP stat exp. this value adds about to 15 point difference when at level 100.

So in total you are looking at the opponent having superior movesets, superior stats, and some precognition in strategy. By all means it is not impossible, but a few battles come down to RNG. Especially the 1hit ko moves, they can end any run and the opponents have them frequently.

>>3662037
Colliseum 2 is much more challenging, you have to rely on RNG on the harder difficulties using stock. Its not even fun really.

>>3662119
Yes AI do predict, there is some small variance they wont hard counter you however. I noticed this from reloading savestates from the start of the battle. So if you switch into flying type to counter earthquak they usually just use rockslide for example. Small chance they wont however.
>>
>>3661349

Luckily that one was fixed in later revisions.
>>
>>3662224
Thank you for that post. I'm not sure what would have happened without it.
>>
Stadium wasn't hard, just time consuming. What are you guys on about?
>>
>tfw I beat Pokemon Stadium as a child
It was really hard for me and I don't recommend it mainly because shit like wrap and firespin being time consuming.
>>
>>3662490
They are by far the hardest Pokémon games, but that doesn't mean you can't gimp said difficulty by training your own Pokémon, because that's how all Pokémon games work. If you don't, however, and play with what the game itself offers, you're in for a ride that will probably never end because the amount of knowledge to consistently beat every trainer you have to attain is probably beyond the patience of most people.

And even if you play every fight correctly and perfectly, the AI can and will simply choose to fuck you over, since the RNG is in the AI's favor a big majority of the time. Relying on strategies like Paralyze + confusion or even Toxic + Double Team stall are big gambles since the AI will read the RNG.
>>
>>3661302
You were supposed to import your not shit pokemon from Red/Blue/Yellow. That's what I did, made it way better. Honestly the game wasn't even worth having without the gameboy game to compliment it, Doduo tower was a big reason to own it.
>>
>tfw beat Mewtwo on Round 2 with Rental Pokémon by spamming sand attack + paralysis and wrap

Feels good to finally fuck the game up by using broken shit and being lucky.
>>
>>3662645
Yeah its balancing breaking and winning really
The game blatantly cheats but playing takes for fucking ever
>>
>>3664870
Mewtwo isn't hard if you have a half decent strategy even using rentals. Its GETTING to him thats hard but once you clear all the cups you can fight him whenever and losing doesn't matter either
>>
>>3663401
this
even importing though without Missingo I'd probably just rather shoot myself
>>
I spent most of my time playing the minigames honestly.
>>
>>3661349

BRUTALITY
>>
>>3664891
Who cares, i still legit beat the game with my GB team so that reward was well worth it. Plus it was only 3 Pokémon and not a whole team
>>
>>3661394

Why do you have several katanas? Are you a samurai?
>>
>>3664895
the minigames is where it's at indeed. the sushi one alone I've spent more time on with friends than on the whole game otherwise.
>>
So how does Doduo tower work? It's a frameskip mode? What about the sound?
>>
>>3665358
It's like speeding up any emulator. Doduo tower allows for double speed and Dodrio tower allows for triple speed.
>>
>>3666827

Gotcha, though it'd be something better, like speeding up the player itself, like on bicycle but just walking, and the rest of the game remained the same with the correct speed on NPCs and sound.
>>
>>3666872
>Gotcha
>>>/r/eddit
>>
OK, I've won a pokeball cup on the level-free stadium (which means all enemies are level 100)
I won with just my level 88/89 Mewtwo, Mew and Articuno.
This shit is much easier than the pika cup which only allows levels 15 to 20 and only if the sum of 3 is 50.
>>
>>3667045
You beat the easiest iteration of Prime Cup with completely overpowered Pokémon. Pika Cup is more challenging than Prime Cup because the statistical differences at those levels are much, much greater than between 88-100, not to mention that the Pokémon your opponents have in Pika Cup are completely broken and are sometimes stronger than the Pokémon that even you as a player can raise on your own.
>>
>>3661302
The rental pokemon suck shit and you really had to pick the right team.

The game was designed with the intention you would be using your own Pokemon.
>>
>>3662003
This there were a few pokemon that you were almost better off with their 1st evolution instead of the 2nd. I remember legendarys in particular having awful movesets.
>>
If you wanted to emulate this game, how would you go about emulating the gameboy expansion thing to be able to use non-rental pokemon?
>>
>>3664921
My brother told me not to play the mini games because they were for dumb babies. One day when I was alone I played them and the magikarp one and laughed so hard I cried.

He also got mad at Donkey Kong Country and would beat me up for "breathing too loud".

In retrospect my brother was a dick.
>>
>>3661349
Fucking kek
>>
>>3661386
Its a fucking bait thread. Too many of these.

>Pokemon Stadium
>Hard

You can easily beat the game with their stock Pokemon. OP is a faggot.
>>
>>3661302
The game was absurdly easy to begin with, but once you beat everything you unlocked a 2nd round where all the opponents were more difficult and that required a bit of luck to beat with the 'rental' pokemon (but was absurdly easy if you used your own pokemon).
>>
>>3664895
>>3664921
HEAVY CHAW
>>
>>3668401
>You can easily beat the game with their stock Pokemon
>Easily

No, you can't, it relies a lot on RNG and the CPU often has advantage.

With your own pokemon is doable, with stock ones is pretty much luck.
>>
I'd like to see those who say this game is easy even with stock pokemon upload a video of them attempting to win cups with stock pokemon themselves.
>>
>>3667471

Reporting back to say that I just beat the pika cup using mostly a level 16 Alakazam, level 15 Lapras and level 18 Dratini.
Now I need to beat the petit cup, the master ball on prime cup, and great, ultra and master ball on poke cup
>>
File: 1458397049429s.jpg (3KB, 125x119px) Image search: [Google]
1458397049429s.jpg
3KB, 125x119px
>>3661349
the brutality
>>
Stadium is very underrated, a lot of people never really played it much other than the MP mini games, but the actual tournaments added a lot to the original GB games.
>>
I never beat that old man's dragonite in Stadium 2.

>>3662173

Yes, moves like Focus Energy function properly in Stadium, whereas the move does nothing in the Gameboy version.
>>
File: 1481164814480.webm (856KB, 457x487px) Image search: [Google]
1481164814480.webm
856KB, 457x487px
Literally every single thing you find in Stadium should be implemented into mainline Pokemon games.

From cups, to rentals, to an actual Pokemon school, the encyclopedias, etc.

It's not like they're fucking making these anymore.
>>
File: hillary disdain for plebs.png (549KB, 470x594px) Image search: [Google]
hillary disdain for plebs.png
549KB, 470x594px
>>3661302
>tfw never owned pokemon red/blue and had to play through with the rental pokemon with terrible movesets
>>
File: dee why.jpg (82KB, 637x425px) Image search: [Google]
dee why.jpg
82KB, 637x425px
>>3662037
>mfw picked a bunch of ground-type pokemon to fight Lt. Surge and his raichu knew fucking SURF
>match ends in 3 turns
>>
>>3668678
It was pretty doable with the stocks and downright easy with your own iirc
>>
>>3666919
Pretty nitpicky, bro, even for 4chan. There's plenty of other actually reddit tier posts every day and you pick on that guy for saying 'gotcha'?
>>
>>3673550

It only makes sense that Surge own Pokemon Yellow. What, you thought his starter would be Squirtle or something?
>>
>>3673569
Some fights are easy, but clearing everything with rentals is a pretty daunting task. It's like 50/50 between easy and almost impossible.
>>
>>3673541

How did you OWN the game, without owning the GB ones?

I also had to deal with shit rental pokemon but that's because I rented the game on blockbuster and the fuckers didn't include the transfer pak with it. I just played the mini-games after getting frustrated with the tournaments.
>>
>>3668481
YOH!!!
>>
>>3661302
i liked the mini games
>>
>>3661302
good game
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.