[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this game have the best soundtrack of all time? I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

File: panzer-saturn.jpg (3MB, 3826x3756px) Image search: [Google]
panzer-saturn.jpg
3MB, 3826x3756px
Does this game have the best soundtrack of all time? I can't really think of a soundtrack that effectively hits every note perfectly, capturing that epic quality orchestral music does, rapid, heavy drums giving a primal sense of a hunt and the industrial synth fitting the setting just fucking perfectly. Have you heard it? Also did you see that Data Discs is doing vinyl's of it?
>>
Vinyl's what?
>>
File: pd-vinyl-limited.jpg (668KB, 2048x1792px) Image search: [Google]
pd-vinyl-limited.jpg
668KB, 2048x1792px
>>3660540
two record set of the entire soundtrack.
http://data-discs.com/products/panzerdragoon?mc_cid=b877bc0504&mc_eid=e722de8a64
>>
>>3660543
That's cool, I was asking what specifically is in the vinyl's possession.
>>
Uh, no, Panzer Dragoon ZWEI is the best videogame with the best soundtrack. You were close though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qou4vEr3cEo&list=PLaE2PvbKMKnrycIcWxg6jGpDdDJrhRFB0
>>
>>3660568
zwei's soundtrack is great, but it's got the worst soundtrack of the trilogy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhAAYJNQZ_k
>>
>>3660602
Zwei's soundtrack actually matches the action on-screen

The music in Panzer Dragoon is just there floating around, it doesn't have the same holistic quality of an album, of a coherent experience that follows from beginning to end
>>
PD games have great soundtracks, but best soundtrack of all time? Hard to say when series like Castlevania or Goemon exist.
>>
>>3660609
How does panzer dragoon's music not match what's going on screen? Yoshitaka Azuma composed the game while directly seeing what was going on at each point of the levels.
>>
>>3660615
Panzer Dragoon is way looser than Zwei you gotta replay them and check it out. It's close, but you won't actually see the enemies come in the identical patterns or always reach the same part of the stage at the same timing in the original.

Zwei does things like drop the beat and increase the tempo at the exact moment when your dragon pitches downwards through a corridor in the ruins
>>
>>3660619
I am aware of how the music works in Zwei, and it's very good and timed very appropriately - few of the songs really stuck out as just about any of the tracks in the original.
>>
>>3660610
I think very highly of the goemon games' soundtracks, but castlevania? The entire franchise has been sticking to established medleys. Sure, it says something about the longevity and flexibility of the music, but being honest, bloody tears can only have so much of its impact.
>>
>>3660538
Zool has punchier music
>>
>>3660627

Beginning, Vampire Killer and Bloody Tears are pleb's first CV tune.

Real patricians like tracks like Wicked Child, Mad Forest, Clockwork Mansion, Versailles
>>
File: 1473709155345.jpg (9KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
1473709155345.jpg
9KB, 300x222px
>>3660630
>not opposing bloodlines
>>
>>3660630
this is not refuting anything about how much repetition the castlevania soundtracks have had as a franchise. panzer dragoon appropriately reused maybe two tracks from all the games I think?

Speaking of, how about that boss fight? Fucking amazing, the second part is one of the most hectic things in a 3D game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkVLYROEJCk
>>
>>3660643

Opposing Bloodlines is another pleb track.

Every first level track is pleb.

From Rondo I like the one track that wasn't used in any level but was found in the game data, which is also the music from the first level of Haunted Castle.

Haunted Castle is the exception where the first level track isn't pleb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pW4fgL-JrM

I mean, fucking listen to this. 10/10.
>>
>>3660657
How dare you sir I am very upset right now
>>
>>3660651

Well, maybe if PD had more games, they would have reused more tracks.

There's still more variety in CV than in PD, simply because of quantity.
>>
>>3660659
I don't think that's the case. Every Panzer Dragoon game has an otherwise 100% unique soundtrack, and it's hard to say any two sound the same despite capturing that same, primal, blood lusting feel. The one track I know that is recycled, the guardian dragon track from zwei to saga is appropriate because you are fighting the same dragon. It fits. Each song is iconic in its own right, and repetition in a future installment wouldn't serve very well.

Castlevania on the other hand has relied on redoing the same songs over and over again. Not to say there aren't new compositions here and there, but it's a lot of recycled material.
>>
>>3660667
>Not to say there aren't new compositions here and there, but it's a lot of recycled material.

The other way around, most of it is new material, and the recycled tracks are only a few, mostly the ones I already mentioned, Vampire Killer, Bloody Tears and Beginning.
>>
Listening to Panzer Dragoon's OST right now

and it's at this exact moment that I realize Axiom Verge's soundtrack is inspired by it

neat
>>
>>3660610
Hard to call Castlevania the best when you have C&C Red Alert, Dune Spice Opera, and the Neverhood.
>>
>>3660697
my favorite track is creature revived. The rolling drum and kick drum hit with such a punch. The synth in the imperial district goes up in flames is also brilliant, love the build up that track has.
>>
File: Where_did_the_time_go.jpg (690KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Where_did_the_time_go.jpg
690KB, 2592x1944px
I do love the Panzer Dragoon soundtracks too. I've described how magical that first stage in the first game was to me in a previous Panzer Dragoon thread. Though equally powerful are songs that I hear a few notes and memories come rushing back. Games, like music, is difficult for me to pinpoint a "best" but when something is great, you just know it.
>>
>>3660698
>C&C Red Alert, Dune Spice Opera, and the Neverhood.

Boring.
>>
>>3660732
Collector anon have you ever found the levolution Extile album?

I only collect digitally but I can't find that one at all
>>
>>3660746
yeah, lots of pc game soundtracks are pretty weak. neverhood is novel but is it good? eh...it's fun, but not really amazing.
>>
That's like saying is there a better album than my favorite one. Music is too subjective especially if you don't specify genres.
>>
>>3660538
I really like the Time Trax soundtrack. It doesn't really count since the game was never released.
>>
REZ is better than any Pansy Dragon game.
>>
>>3660889
It is not
>>
>>3660889
yeah you're pretty far off there
https://youtu.be/fSqh_oUCRIE?t=254
>>
>>3660746
>Hell March
>boring

go back to your shitty dubstep, boyo.

>>3660809
The Neverhood soundtrack is fucking amazing.
>>
>>3660925
its novel but really nothing interesting. At best it's funny.
>>
>>3660925
>The Neverhood soundtrack is fucking amazing.

no it isn't you pretentious faggot
stop talking so dishonestly. maybe you enjoy it, but you're not "fucking amazed" by it
>>
>>3660925

I fucking hate dubstep.

These games still have boring OSTs.

Not _BAD_, but boring.
>>
I like Orta's soundtrack even more, but that's NOT RETRO WEEWOOOWEEWOOO.
>>
Final Fantasy VI
Castlevania Rondo of Blood & Symphony of the Night
Streets of Rage II
Resident Evil

these are the ones i remember off the top of my head
>>
File: Bemani.png (8KB, 384x104px) Image search: [Google]
Bemani.png
8KB, 384x104px
>>3660538
>Dance Dance Revolution
>Beatmania
>Pop n' Music
Nah.
>>
>>3660538
That track in Zwei when you fight the enemy carrier is ill.
>>
>>3664181
final fantasy 6's soundtrack isn't really anything special
>>
>>3666492
The transitions in zwei are really fuckin ballin

if you listen to the soundtrack you can trace the path through the whole game, and god damn feel that moment where you enter the forest for the first time or when the boss creature makes it's appearance.
>>
File: Panzer_Dragoon_II_Zwei_10.jpg (39KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Panzer_Dragoon_II_Zwei_10.jpg
39KB, 512x384px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNMi3eo-YIc

Look at the giant mecha that hangs over the trees like a monkey (around minute 1:00 on wards).
It's just like the boss from the forest stage on PDII.
>>
>>3667105
probably a dev-staff signature type cameo thing
>>
>>3667105
similar, but Zwei's boss has much more of a bug like quality to it.
>>
File: moebius04_big.jpg (219KB, 2280x500px) Image search: [Google]
moebius04_big.jpg
219KB, 2280x500px
RIP Moebius.

Greatest artist of the 20th century for sci fi fantasy.
>>
File: 1479787644820.gif (363KB, 192x291px) Image search: [Google]
1479787644820.gif
363KB, 192x291px
>>3660732
Sweet god anon Ys 1, 2 and 3 had such great music.

Tigray Quarry - Be Careful was so badass.
>>
>>3660538
I ordered the vinyl right as it went on sale at 11am est two saturdays ago.
Get good, casual.
>>
File: time.png (3KB, 644x86px) Image search: [Google]
time.png
3KB, 644x86px
>>3672971
prove it, post your time pussy
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.