[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Given that virtual console games supposedly all output at 480p,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
Given that virtual console games supposedly all output at 480p, do SNES and N64 games look tolerable on a HDTV from a Wii with component cables compared to from the actual consoles?

To put it differently, does SNES from a Wii look better on a HDTV than SNES from a SNES with Framemeister?
>>
>>3659576
the wii is wanted for 240p
not 480p
>>
>>3659576
>do SNES and N64 games look tolerable on a HDTV from a Wii with component cables
No.
>To put it differently, does SNES from a Wii look better on a HDTV than SNES from a SNES with Framemeister?
No.

Just buy a CRT that accepts component.
>>
if you aren't outputting at the TVs native resolution, you are not going to be getting good results, there will be a lot of processing and lag resulting from that.
>>
N64 looks a little better as it's 480p vs. 240p, but the SNES will look like ass guaranteed.
>>
>>3659576

It'll look alright OP. Slight lag, but if you don't care about that, go nuts. N64 games look better on VC than original system anyway.
>>
>>3660084
TVs don't have a native resolution since they don't have a pixel raster like LCD monitors.
>>
>>3659576
>N64
No.

>NES
Yes but with flaws. NES mini had the same.

>SNES
It's OK.
>>
The entire reason people want to use wii's for emulation is for CRTs with components capability.
>>
File: DSCN0294.jpg (478KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0294.jpg
478KB, 1600x1200px
>>3659576
>do SNES and N64 games look tolerable on a HDTV from a Wii with component cables
Yeah, run the tv in 4:3 with all processing disabled or in game mode if it has it. Set RA for double scale (512x448), bilinear off and use scanlines 512 overlay at 60% turn the sharpness or detail down on the tv.

64 via VC is a little dark but still better than a 64 native res
>>
>>3660808
It's more convenient for an HD tv than a laptop or something
>>
File: DSCN0753.jpg (428KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0753.jpg
428KB, 1200x1600px
>>3660837
tv set at 0 detail here to soften it
>>
>>3660837
How is the input lag with the LCD plus the wii's wireless bluetooth controller?
>>
>>3660842
I don't see how it's any more or less convenient to use a CRT.
>>
>>3660850
A Wii is more convenient than a laptop.
A Wii can also be used on an HDTV.
>>
I softmodded my Wii and installed the necessary cios or whatever. Now my component video out dosent work on CRTs, only HDs...wtf....
>>
>>3660934
Make sure you're set to 480i, not 480p. Both in the Wii's settings and the emulator's settings.
>>
>>3660937

It is set on 480i. That's the thing.
>>
>>3660941
set to 480i and 4:3

make sure your emulator is set to run at native resolution.

>>3660847
mine felt pretty laggy but it is almost 10 years old. and I exclusively play on crts. No idea on a new tv. I play on a crt and just hooked it up to see what it looked like. It seemed a little better when using a gc controller but that might have been placebo.
>>
>>3661151
Did that dumb fuck
>>
>>3659576
>Given that virtual console games supposedly all output at 480p
The only Virtual Console system on the Wii that renders and outputs at 480p is the Nintendo 64. Everything else (NES, SNES, Genesis, Master System, Neo-Geo, etc.) output at 240p, and only if the Wii is outputting 480i in the System Settings. If you have Wii set to 480i, then N64 VC games will render and output at 640x480i. 640x480p if the Wii is set to 480p.

>do SNES and N64 games look tolerable on a HDTV from a Wii with component cables compared to from the actual consoles?
Yes. You'll get pixel-perfect output with no geometry or convergence issues, but the input lag and picture quality reduction resulting from upscaling. Only if you're using an HDTV with good black levels, high contrast and minimal ghosting with the OSSC.
>>3659581
Wrong. The Wii is also wanted for 480p, but for newer games.

>>3660661
>N64 looks a little better as it's 480p vs. 240p, but the SNES will look like ass guaranteed.
Since the N64's internal resolution is essentially doubled from 320x240 to 640x480 and there's no hardware or software blurring going on, N64 games on the Wii Virtual Console are a lot sharper and cleaner than on actual Nintendo 64 hardware. However, the colors are darker and there are some graphical glitches.

SNES games on the Wii Virtual Console outputting YPbPr look nearly identical to SNES games running on an RGB-modded 1CHIP SNES. Both are outputting at 240p. The slight color difference is probably to to the Wii outputting in YPbPr vs RGB on the SNES. Different color spaces = different colors.
>>
>>3661158
My Wii works on both my CRT and my HDTV, loads GC and Wii games from a HDD, has good autoconfig and folder trees, organized romsets, filters and a bunch of stupid overlays.

You have a pissy cat attitude because you can't figure out how to use a toy.

The fucking irony bro.
>>
>>3661301

I think you're pissed because I called you out for shitting on my post when you had read it incorrectly.
>>
>>3661301

Haha, can you figure out what irony means, bro?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.