[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I haven't played an adventure game in years. Is Space

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (268KB, 980x1222px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
268KB, 980x1222px
I haven't played an adventure game in years. Is Space Quest any good?
>>
>>3659514
play the remake

and don't play space quest 6 under any circumstances
>>
>>3659514
>>3659532
also you're gonna need the manuals: https://mega.nz/#!nM1l3SRS!x2j1HU5MMi29RP8FQlKbarXu771B93GowGcDa3TW1ZU
>>
I'm inclined to say no.

I kind of want to say these have aged badly in some ways, but King's Quest was less logical and more sadistic.
>>
>>3659583
Sierra's *Thing* Quest games have all aged great if you're not a pleb and can deal with deaths and no-win scenarios

Getting stuck and starting over is really not that big of a deal, since you can get back to where you were fairly quickly since you now know how to solve all the puzzles (and you can avoid the mistakes you made)

The only time I've ever had to do this was in King's Quest 2 though. I hear Space Quest 2 is easy to get stuck in, I guess I was just lucky enough to do everything right the first time around.
For most sierra games just save often and you'll be fine
>>
These games are very charming, but it's damn near impossible to do an honest playthrough of most sierra games; each one has some bullshit puzzle and you'll have to hope your mom doesnt see the sierra help hotline on the phonebill or she'll take the pc away again and now its gonna take even longer to finish the game
>>
Play them, OP. Space Quest V is my favorite adventure game of all time
>>
I thought six was ok, maybe not great but worth playing.
>>
>>3659638
no fuck off
it's the worst piece of shit sierra has ever made
>>
>>3659724

It warms my heart that faggots can still get triggered by SQ6
>>
>>3659840
They completely ruin the character arc he went through in the previous game by demoting him from a badass captain to a wimpy guybrush knockoff.

They replace his love interest Beatrice, a relationship that had been building for multiple games, the fucking father of his future son, with some random lumpy faced bitch who was so unremarkable I almost forgot she was even in the game.

The puzzles are completely illogical compared to the previous games. One puzzle in particular is literally broken, because they forgot to include the hint required to beat it in the game. When the devs realized their mistake they just stuck the hint into the manual instead, and everyone just assumed it was a DRM measure.

The quality of the writing takes a complete nosedive. All of the jokes fall flat. The plot makes no sense, and that's saying something for a SQ game. The final area feels like it was ripped off from Beneath a Steel Sky and/or System Shock 2. No originality in any of the locales whatsoever. The whole game just feels monotonous and lifeless.

Even Scott Murphy, one of the co-creators of the Space Quest franchise pretty much said the game is trash:
>Scott (that being me) didn't understand A LOT about Space Quest 6 and STILL doesn't. That's a game that should have been aborted when Josh left. I am about as far from proud as someone can be about their work where Space Quest 6 is concerned.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiOapROr2A8
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.