[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I use a VCR to play PS1 on a TV that doesn't have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: newvcrbanner.jpg (19KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
newvcrbanner.jpg
19KB, 620x400px
How can I use a VCR to play PS1 on a TV that doesn't have any inputs except a thing to screw a coaxial cable onto? The VCR remote is long gone and it's hooked up to the TV when I go to channel 4 but even though my PS is turned on and connected to the back of the VCR with the yellow and white cables nothing shows up. I don't want to have to buy a new CRT for retro games if I can help it because those PVMs are really expensive for not that great of a size.
>>
Hook the component input into the vcr. Then, reroute the composite back out and into an HDMI upscaler converter. Then route that through an HDMI to component converter, then component to Rd and then out to your TV.
>>
>>3659494

RF sorry
>>
https://www.amazon.ca/RCA-Compact-RF-Modulator-CCRF907/dp/B0014KKV7W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480992800&sr=8-1&keywords=rca+compact+rf+modulator

Just buy one of these.

Going through VCR's is finnicky as fuck and from my experience doesn't work too well.
>>
>>3659472
You have to switch the video machine to the AV channel.

Can't you just plug the PS into the TV directly and tune it in though? I can't imagine a console sold in the 90's not having an RF output cable with it.
>>
>>3659472
Most VCR's will have 1/2 composite inputs and one composite output, 1 coax input, and one coax output. First things first, make sure you've got the a/v cable from your playstation plugged into the correct input ports, and likewise that your coax cable is running from the correct output.

Second, use your tv's buttons to get to channel 3, and leave it there. Turning on your PS1 should display now.
>>
>>3659552
It goes without saying that the VCR will need to be on as well. The VCR's channel shouldn't matter, but if nothing displays at first use the VCR's buttons to go below channel 2 or above channel 126, there may be an A/V 1 and an A/V 2 channel, try playing PS1 with the VCR set to those.
>>
>>3659494
>>3659495
>>3659498
>>3659546
>>3659552
>>3659561
This is too much effort when I already have a TV with composite video and mono audio, it's just 5 inches smaller. The TV and VCR aren't even that old, both are from 2002 yet they have less inputs than a TV from 1998.
>>
>>3659472
Could be a million things wrong. Is it safe to say the VCR is plugged in, turned on, so is the TV and it's tuned to the correct channel? If so you'll see the VCR screen on your TV and see video if you play a tape. If not. You're doing something wrong in the basics of the setup.
>>
>>3659591
Yes, I played a tape to test it. It just isn't taking the signal from the PS2 and sending it to the TV through the coaxial cable.
>>
>>3659586
I know that feel. My CRT is a piece of shit mono TV my parents bought in 2003.
>>
>>3659472
Get a Consumer CRT. PVM's are fucking stupid.
>>
>>3659597

My VCR doesn't really do different input/outputs. If you're inputting composite, you have to output composite.

>>3659586
>given tons of options
>this much whining

Just k-k-k-k-k-kill yourself.
>>
>>3659947
>say it's not worth it to spend an hour messing around with it and buying converters when I already have a TV with the inputs I need, it's just smaller
>whining
>>
Just buy the PS1 RF adapter. I you live in America, use this:

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Playstation-RFU-adaptor-SCPH-1121/dp/B000051TI4

Or, if you live in Europe, use this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Sony-RFU-Adapter-SCPH-1122/dp/B00BU0KP7M
>>
>>3659472
>How can I use a VCR to play PS1
>It just isn't taking the signal from the PS2
Well there's yer problem. You dun got the wrong console plugged it!
Literally...
>>
>>3659472
You need to switch the VCR to the input channel. It's usually at the end or beginning of the channel rotation. You might need the remote to reach it, though. If so, then you're fucked. You can buy a universal remote, but if you buying stuff then it's a better idea just to get an RF modulator.
>>
>>3659546
Then u got a shitty imagination.

I had to buy rf adapters for my shit in the day cause my shitty tv just had coax.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.