[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever replaced the rubber pads in your SNES controller?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 98639290_e3de448620.jpg (83KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
98639290_e3de448620.jpg
83KB, 500x375px
Have you ever replaced the rubber pads in your SNES controller? Were you happy with the results?
I think the ones I bought were shit :(
>>
My results were fine.

I didn't buy buttons though. I used the buttons from a super senpai controller. Came out just fine.
>>
this, along with cleaning the contacts on the controller itself is a good practice.
>>
>>3659152
>cleaning the contacts
I've never done that, perhaps that is the problem rather than needing new pads? I hope so.
Any recommended cleaning products?

I got my rubber pads from ebay pretty cheap, but I'd pay more if I knew of a good quality one.
>>
>>3659107
They probably were shit. Most replacements are shit made for kids who bought the replace muh pad meme. Unless the pad is damaged by a fool fucking with it there will probably never be a need to replace it. Just clean the shit and it should be fine.
>>
>>3659107
Swap out parts from a NES Classic controller?
>>
>>3659363
cool story bro
too bad I've experienced plenty of pad rubbers tearing under regular use growing up
next time don't talk out your ass
>>
>>3659649
That and I've bought many used controllers that were mushy as fuck with some buttons not working. Open them up, those buttons have cracked off completely, rest of rubber is close to turning into dust.

Finding a pad that's close to the originals seems to be nearly impossible. Everyone seems to be selling the exact same replacement pads, and they are all stiff as fuck.
>>
>>3659168
rubbing alcohol or vodka
>>
>>3659756
i'll give it a try. Last time I opened up the controller, the rubber pads looked to be intact, but the dpad hasn't felt very clicky.

Is there much risk of damaging the thread of the controller by frequently opening it up?
>>
>>3659808
Maybe you didn't screw the screws in tight enough?
>>
>>3659812
that's not the issue; the lack of dpad pressability was noticeable before ever opening it
>>
>>3659649
>i bought plenty of controllers from an ebay reseller that had replaced pads that were fucked.
Top fucking kek kid.
>>
>>3659168
just use isopropyl alcohol. Rub with q-tip thoroughly and you'll probably notice quite a bit of dirt. Also rub some on any of the little plates on the rubber pads, it's surprising how a little bit of dirt can mean a lot more pressure on your end.
>>
After you clean the pads, rub a standard 2 pencil lead across the black contact pad. Use the flat part of the lead for more even coverage.
It works pretty well but is temporary.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.