[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any point in getting an old Amiga or other 1980's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: amiga_everything_machine.jpg (104KB, 600x392px) Image search: [Google]
amiga_everything_machine.jpg
104KB, 600x392px
Is there any point in getting an old Amiga or other 1980's era PC unless you want to play old PC games without having to jump through emulation hoops or an PC enthusiast? I've been interested on seeing just how these things ran but I don't really want to fork over the money for an old machine that might not even work
>>
>>3657590
>Is there any point in getting something to do what it was designed to do?
Is there? That sounds about as crazy as getting a car so you don't have to take the bus.
>>
>>3657590
Just emulate it and test the stuff that's on it and if you think getting the actual machine could be nice then get buy. And don't forget to inform yourself on the ways to transfer shit on it.
>>
>>3657590
Emulate it. If you didn't grew up with one, you will probably get annoyed by the disk swapping, cleaning, tweaking, speed and fixing very fast.
>>
>>3657732
>If you didn't grew up with one,
Or if you're not into old computer hardware and just wanna play games.
>>
>>3657590
Amiga with WHDLoad is pretty much just having folders of games and clicking on icons to run them. No need for disk swapping.
>>
>without having to jump through emulation hoops
Configuring emulators is nothing to configuring autoexec.bat and config.sys to squeeze out the last bits of conventional memory.
>>
>>3657808
Only if you don't have memmaker.
>>
>>3657753
How does that work? Is it possible to install the games on HD from floppy disks?
>>
I've resisted paying ebay prices for a cd32 or Jap computers but I did buy myself a c. 2002 hyperspecced (for 98se) PC. I had to do a bit of driver scraping since its official driver packs are for ME/XP but once I got it proper it's actually become one of my favorite retro platforms. With perfect compatibility all the way from DOS 6.2 through early 2000s games there's really no realistic limit to how much you can play and it's all hassle free and "as developers intended" I mean just look at the ExoDOS collection alone then add thousands of late 90s games that are almost impossible to get running right on modern versions of Windows.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.