[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: nice spritework I love the artstyle in Dragon Ball Z Hyper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: Dragon Ball Z - Hyper Dimension.png (394KB, 3072x2688px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball Z - Hyper Dimension.png
394KB, 3072x2688px
ITT: nice spritework

I love the artstyle in Dragon Ball Z Hyper Dimension, and I don't even like DBZ.
Although inspired by the manga, it doesn't try to emulate it, looking like its own thing, with nice and comfy colors and beautiful dithering making good use of the SA1 chip.

The game itself is also pretty good, even though the flying battles suck.
>>
>>
Yeah it looks great.

And although not as impressive, I have a soft spot for Super Butoden games, especially 2. Air battles were also great in this game.
Hyper Dimension should have had Butoden's gameplay and split screen.
>>
>>3653346
Butouden gameplay is bad, anon. Slow and clunky, while Hyper Dimension plays more like a real fighting game. Butouden also looks pretty bad.
But the music is excellent.
>>
File: 45130.png (165KB, 747x1496px) Image search: [Google]
45130.png
165KB, 747x1496px
>>3653351
>Slow and clunky

You know SB2 has a turbo mode, right?

>Hyper Dimension plays more like a real fighting game.

Yeah, it plays like a traditional fighting game, but it doesn't translate well into DBZ style fighting, Butoden does it better.

>Butouden also looks pretty bad.
You think pic related looks bad?

Anyway, maybe you're thinking Butoden 1, which indeed does have clunky and slow gameplay.
SB2 improved upon it immensely and is still considered to be one of the best 2D DBZ fighting games, which is why it was re-released on 3DS recently along with Extreme Butoden (which isn't a real Butoden at all, sadly).
>>
>>3653356
>SB2 has a turbo mode, right?
And the gameplay still suck. The movement is clunky, the cutscenes every time a character uses their super moves are boring and the split-screen is just a cheap gimmick.
This is good gameplay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou6nE-INFuQ
And I believe HD was the only really good DB 2D fighting game, as even Extreme Butouden is shit. Ultimate Butouden was decent and had really nice, slightly SD, low poly models, but it was "2,5D".

I don't give a damn about DBZ and what is "DBZ style fighting". I only enjoy the caracters and the art. It seems the only people who likes the Butouden are DBZ fans, usually nostalgic latinos.

And this thread isn't even to talk about gameplay, but sprites and 2D art general.
>>
>>3653325
Pitfall the Mayan adventure is still impressive today. There's so many game to list, but yeah nice dithering in the OP pic
>>
>>3653795

>Pitfall the Mayan adventure
>Releasing the same game for Genesis, Sega Cd and 32X

For what purpose?
>>
Hyper Dimension was awesome, but it was a bit broken. At least Goku had multiple redizzy combos.

the sprite art was incredible though.
>>
>>3653885
At least for Sega CD you have the excuse of "Redbook audio music"
>>
File: yabause 2016-10-04 22-56-10-93.png (167KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yabause 2016-10-04 22-56-10-93.png
167KB, 1920x1080px
And it's a pretty mediocre game.
>>
>>3654259
>final boss is the Golden Axe

What a twist.
>>
File: DBZ332screenshot2.png (14KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
DBZ332screenshot2.png
14KB, 256x224px
>>3653383
>And the gameplay still suck. The movement is clunky

Why? I can pull of every move I want without trouble, it isn't clunky. Or at least explain what you consider "clunky". You know you can dash with L and R, right? The dashing on Butoden makes it very fast-paced if you know what you're doing.

>the cutscenes every time a character uses their super moves are boring

The "cutscenes" only last for about 3 or 4 seconds, come on.
Also, in high level play, supers aren't used as often, it's all about meteos.

>and the split-screen is just a cheap gimmick.

It enables you to fight on big areas, both on foot and on air, it actually feels like DBZ fighting. Rather than a gimmick, I consider it to be a nice unique feature. Dashing on a small stage wouldn't be much fun.

>And I believe HD was the only really good DB 2D fighting game

It's a good game, but you're severely underrating Butoden 2, which is generally considered the actual best.

>as even Extreme Butouden is shit. Ultimate Butouden was decent and had really nice, slightly SD, low poly models, but it was "2,5D".

Yeah there wasn't really any new Butoden after Super Butoden 3. The DS/3DS games are Butoden in name only.

>I don't give a damn about DBZ and what is "DBZ style fighting". I only enjoy the caracters and the art. It seems the only people who likes the Butouden are DBZ fans, usually nostalgic latinos.

DBZ was really popular in the early 90s in Italy, France, Spain. Super Butoden games got officially released in France back then.

>And this thread isn't even to talk about gameplay, but sprites and 2D art general.

I really like the sprites on the SB2 cutscenes. I wish they made a fighting game using that level of detail. Sadly, Ultimate Battle 22 and Shin Butoden on 32-bit systems look really shitty with these washed out cut-out paper-like sprites.
DBZ Legends have some cool spritework with scaling and stuff, but I don't think they look necessarily better than HD or SB2.
>>
File: Kishin Douji Zenki - final.gif (1MB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
Kishin Douji Zenki - final.gif
1MB, 500x370px
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.