[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give it to me straight, /vr/ What are the chances we'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: Cog97V_VMAQe8y_.jpg (25KB, 540x378px) Image search: [Google]
Cog97V_VMAQe8y_.jpg
25KB, 540x378px
Give it to me straight, /vr/

What are the chances we'll ever see the conclusion to the Ecco series?

Annuziata was turned down by Sega a couple of years ago. Is the dream dead? But retro is in, and games long thought dead are rising from the grave like Shenmue. Could it happen?
>>
Did it end in a cliffhanger or something?
>>
There was a kikestarter for Ecco III but it failed.
>>
>>3652685

Yes. And it had a code you were supposed to use in Ecco III to prove you beat 2.

>>3652687

That was for an original game by Annuziatta featuring marine life.

I want the story finished.
>>
>>3652696
>I want the story finished.
Easy. Just get at least $1 million
>>
>>3652703

I am currently eating peanut butter out of a jar with a spoon because I can't afford to buy bread
>>
A better question is when will we finally see Ecco in Super Smash Bros?
>>
>>3652707
Is that because you're saving up to fund Ecco III?
>>
Is the Dreamcast game good? I'm hankering for a good 3D adventure game on it.
>>
File: Dolphin Bank 3_enl.jpg (11KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
Dolphin Bank 3_enl.jpg
11KB, 450x337px
>>3652738
We can do it (not really)
>>
Go ask Ed Annuziata. He's on Twitter all the time.
>>
>>3652684
So what
There was Ecco 1
Ecco 2
And Ecco on Dreamcast?
>>
>>3652684
You have a better chance of Sega actually following through on a Streets of Rage project.
>>
>>3652806

The Dreamcast game is a different team and different canon
>>
>>3652812

That's good news, I want that too.
>>
>>3652684
>like Shenmue

Shenmue 3 is never going to happen. It's been over a year and the only update is that Yuu started begging for more money.
>>
>>3652684

was ecco really that popular or was it more of a cult thing?

anyway If he really wanted to do Ecco3 he should just make a kickstarter like all the old devs are doing
>>
>>3653029
It wasn't Mario or Sonic, but it was a popular franchise at the time. Anyone into console gaming knew it even if they hadn't played it.
>>
>>3653029

It sold a fuckload and had a binch of ports
>>
>>3653019
Technically the most current updates are video interviews, only a few days old about the music direction, but it didn't feel terribly substantial.
>>
>>3653019
Who cares. Sequels that happen this far later are pure cash grabs with nothing to do with the original games. See: DOOM III and Duke Nukem Forever.
>>
What the fuck genre do I even call Ecco

I'm having trouble pigeonholing it
>>
>>3653019
>over a year

It's obviously a game that's going to take at least several years to develop.
>>
>>3652752

Yes?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/dreamcast/ecco-the-dolphin-defender-of-the-future
>>
>>3653394
Sidescrolling dolphin simulator adventure
>>
>>3652687
It wasn't Ecco.
>>
File: w4643.jpg (13KB, 322x356px) Image search: [Google]
w4643.jpg
13KB, 322x356px
>>3652684
THOSE 64 COLORS ARE AWESOME!
>>
>>3653394
Survival-Horror / Platformer
>>
shit I didn't know ecco was unfinished, now I'm less enthusiastic to beat it
>>
>>3653595

The ending of the first game wraps up nicely.

If you turn it off after the credits, so does the second game.
>>
>>3652684
I could see it happening on kickstarter, sega let Shenmue go up on the website so it's not out of the question.

Big question for me is should it be 2d or 3d?
>>
>>3653991

2D

The game's been planned since the 90s like that
>>
>>3652684
>Give it to me straight, /vr/
>What are the chances we'll ever see the conclusion to the Ecco series?
ZERO
PERCENT
LET GO
>>
I'm still disappointed the dreamcast sequel got canned, I mean they could of finished it and ported too the ps2 like they did with the first game
>>
File: eccofgc018etdslide.gif (2MB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
eccofgc018etdslide.gif
2MB, 250x224px
>>3652684
As the resident Ecco superfan around here, my feelings are very mixed. On the one hand I've always thought a new Ecco game would be awesome. But at the same time, I don't really know what they'd do with it Ecco 1 pretty fully pushes it to the limit. Ecco 2 already needed to get a little gimmicky to stay fresh. A new, interesting Ecco could be awesome but in my opinion remakes and long after sequels rarely work out well.
I just want Ed to keep making new stuff.
>>
File: GdYM0g6.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
GdYM0g6.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>3653394
The closest is action adventure puzzle. Small genre, but some very cool games in it. Even fewer like Ecco and pic related aren't platformers.
>>
>>3652684
You're hoping for a sonic mania situation to happen to Ecco, aren't you?

Most likely Sega will hire a the lowest bidder to make a new mobile game. They'll probably call it Ecco: Infinte Ocean and it will be an endless swimmer with micro-transactions.
>>
>>3656681
>You're hoping for a sonic mania situation to happen to Ecco, aren't you?

That is exactly what I want

>Most likely Sega will hire a the lowest bidder to make a new mobile game. They'll probably call it Ecco: Infinte Ocean and it will be an endless swimmer with micro-transactions.

Kill me
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.