[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vr/. I have a LCD that my folks gave to me for Christmas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 300px-Xrgb-mini-front.jpg (16KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Xrgb-mini-front.jpg
16KB, 300x180px
Hey /vr/. I have a LCD that my folks gave to me for Christmas a few years ago. I'd like to have a CRT in my set-up large enough to play splitscreen/lightgun games comfortably (somewhere around 27"). However, my girlfriend hates the idea of having two TVs in our living room, and likes the LCD for watching television. Should I just save up for the framemeister? I have a small PVM on my computer desk, but it's pretty inconvenient to play lightgun games on. Is there any other compromise?
>>
xrgb mini won't work with lightguns
>>
>>3652614
XRGB is amazing, but the one flaw it's going to have is not supporting the lightgun games. And that's not with just the Framemeister. It's a problem with literally HDTV's because of the vast differences of how it works. I've heard of people trying numerous things, but nothing ever works out. No compromise other than using your PVM, or getting a new girlfriend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3tBk-LYyzo
>>
>>3652614
XRGB is great, but it's not perfect. Look up the flaws of it. The biggest one to likely piss you off is that if a game changes resolutions in the middle of a game (such as Saturn SOTN menus), syncing the image takes a good 5-10 seconds.
>>
>>3652614
Only CRTs work with lightguns. For a compromise, I would say keep the LCD in the living room to Netflix and chill. A framemeister will do you no good for lightguns. A compromise would be to spend time with your girlfriend in a movie theater and play their lightgun games. Then give me to PVM.
>>
>>3653665
>Then give me to PVM
lol
>>
>>3652614
>woman says no
Put the CRT in a different room, you emasculated bugger. That's a fair compromise.
>There's no room!
Make room. A man needs a man space. If you don't have an area of your home that's all yours, free of feminine influence, then I'm not even going to pity you.
>>
>>3652614
I have a Framemeister and like it, but seriously, what kind of shitty girlfriend is that? I assume you're paying for at least half of your living space, so it's only fair you get to make use of it. If she won't accept your hobbies, consider dumping her and finding someone who does.

>Is there any other compromise?
Tell her if she put out more, maybe you wouldn't have as much need to entertain yourself with games.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.