[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I beat pic related about 3 years ago and i really loved it so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 2817-cover.jpg (158KB, 620x554px) Image search: [Google]
2817-cover.jpg
158KB, 620x554px
I beat pic related about 3 years ago and i really loved it so i decided to replay it again yesterday, but holy shit this game has been annoying the fuck outta me. Everytime i even remotely touch any heavy rock without the bracelets it starts this fucking irritating textbox telling me that i can't lift the thing. I'm also really getting annoyed fast by how you constantly have to swap items in dungeons, some screens you have to change like three times depending on what you need to do. I don't know how i didn't got bothered by those things before. Anyone else experienced going back to a game and getting annoyed by some things that didn't used to bother you before?
>>
>>3652493
>Everytime i even remotely touch any heavy rock without the bracelets it starts this fucking irritating textbox telling me that i can't lift the thing.

So stop fucking doing that without the bracelet, wtf

>I'm also really getting annoyed fast by how you constantly have to swap items in dungeons, some screens you have to change like three times depending on what you need to do.

Plan ahead better and you won't have to do that so much.

Seriously, just learn how to play wtf
>>
>>3652585

Lol

Op is kinda right though. They should fuck off with the text and touching the rock without the braclet. Its like when you click on a Facebook link without ad block on. We don't need that simulated in our retro games? Or maybe there are some sick fucks who like that kind of thing?
>>
>>3652493
Currently playing this for the first time and you are dead on OP. It was so annoying that I avoided ALL rocks which ended up biting me in the ass because some are still movable without the bracelet. Would have been better if once you acquire the bracelet it's always on instead of having to re-equip it every time. Oh, and magic powder lighting fires fucking confused the hell out of me at first also. Spent hours searching everywhere for a candle to get past the first room in dungeon 2.
>>
>>3652493
I loved that game, but what really bothered me about it was that ONE FUCKING ROOM in that ONE FUCKING EGG. You know, the very first one - unlit, two torches, the entrance, another doorway across the room, and a big hole replacing the entirety of the floor except for a few tiles around the two doorways. When I was a kid, I've spent hours trying to figure out a way to cross that hole.

Did anyone ever figure out what was on the other side? Maybe using an emulator/gameshark/something? I've pretty much forgotten about it but this thread reminded me of the whole thing.
>>
>>3652585
>So stop fucking doing that without the bracelet, wtf
Doing what? How am i going to avoid touching the rocks/vases accidentally when there are rooms filled with them? How about just NOT fucking opening a textbox like ALTTP did? It worked pretty well in that game.

>>3652975
I don't remember that, do you have a pic?

>>3652672
Yeah, the magic powder is stupid, but i can pass i guess
>>
Once you get the bracelet in the 2nd dungeon, the text stops popping up. that's like not even an hour into the game.

It's a common complain though, but kind of exaggerated out of proportions. Ultimately, yeah, don't touch them, not that hard.
>>
>>3652493
It's just a dumbed down version of LttP (the best Zelda game ever) so it's passable. In the best Zelda games, there's some bullshit where you have to go into your menu to equip an item and then go back into your menu to equip a different item. LttP, Oracle games, Ocarina of Time (iron boots. not that i like OoT but so many people do it must be a good game)
but on topic, going back to Rampage 1 or 2, or Cruisin USA is just shitting on my childhood. Don't know how I liked these so much.
Rampage, each level is the same, but the time limit gets shorter. If you don't beat it as fast and efficiently as possible, the air siren raid sound goes off and then bombs drop and you lose a life. Also later levels just throw those fucking tanks at you which need a few hits, but each hit they do staggers you, so when 2+ come out you're going to die.

Cruisin USA, if you get anything other than 1st place, you lose
>>
I brought it again 2 days ago and i haven't played in 10 to 20 years so any tips for someone who forgot everything?
>>
File: Owl_Statue_(Link's_Awakening).png (111KB, 193x378px) Image search: [Google]
Owl_Statue_(Link's_Awakening).png
111KB, 193x378px
>>3655532

THE WIND FISH IN NAME ONLY,
FOR IT IS NEITHER.
>>
>>3655532
Talk to every NPC and write down/remember who who wants what item.

Look for seashells. use the shovel in weird looking spots. Once you find the place where to use the seashells, come back every 5 or so seashells you find to acquire the most bonuses.
>>
>>3652493
Finish the third dungeon and it stops.
>>
File: 1375656020779.png (18KB, 320x469px) Image search: [Google]
1375656020779.png
18KB, 320x469px
It's an accurate translation. Play the Japanese version if you want it shorter.
>>
>>3656184
Or they could've NOT PUT THE TEXT BOX IN IN THE FIRST FUCKING PLACE
>>
>>3655362
2nd place is 1st loser anon.
>>
>>3652975
>>Did anyone ever figure out what was on the other side? Maybe using an emulator/gameshark/something?
I've been wondering about this too.
>>
>>3652975
Can you get there somehow with the screen warp glitch?
>>
>>3656192
or you can git gud and stop touching the stones
>>
>>3652493
WOW THIS LOOKS PRETTY HEAVY

YOU WONT BE ABLE TO LIFT IT WITH JUST YOUR BARE HANDS
>>
>>3658428
>/vr/
>git gud
HA!
>>
File: 1478911823306.jpg (145KB, 807x605px) Image search: [Google]
1478911823306.jpg
145KB, 807x605px
>>3655362
It's similar to alttp in mechanics only, and even then fairly different. The setting and tone are almost feverish. The dungeons are much more complex. Calling alttp the greatest ever is also subjective. A great game, but not my favorite.
>>
>>3652585
I couldn't imagine getting so angry when someone points out obvious flaws in a game I like.

I'm so glad I'm not you.
>>
>>3655362
>It's just a dumbed down version of LttP
you have that the wrong way round 2bh m8
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.