[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys I need some /vr/ certified tips I'm playing this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Silent_Hill_video_game_cover.png (184KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
Silent_Hill_video_game_cover.png
184KB, 340x340px
Hey guys I need some /vr/ certified tips

I'm playing this for the first time. It's also my first SH game and I'm loving it so far, I just need to know a few things.

Is it intended for me to fight most enemies or run from most enemies and only fight when I have to? I feel like I'm burning through resources, but running away from everything doesn't feel like the way the game was supposed to be played.

Also any general tips on what weapons to use, and how to kill stuff efficiently would be great. I'm pretty early on in the game by the way, just put the medallions in the clock tower of the school
>>
run when outdoors (use the map to know where you're going), fight when indoors

that's the only gameplay related tip you really need for the silent hill series
>>
Outdoor enemies respawn infinitely, but there are ressources in every corner.

Try to save most your ammo that is above pistol grade for bosses.

Use melee combat when you can. Some enmies like nurses are easy that way.

The game is made so that you can run from everything and that you can also kill everything (with melee at least), it's up to you really.
>>
File: latest[1].png (783KB, 1254x1001px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
783KB, 1254x1001px
You're the kind of guy who needs a hammer. Keep your eyes peeled for it. Pipe until then.
>>
You are in for a great experience. First time playing through, take your time, explore everything, and survive. You're also bound to get stuck as some of the puzzles are hard to understand. Here's a spoiler free walkthrough guide (https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/198641-silent-hill/faqs/69688), normally I am against using guides but sometimes in games like these you need some help or you'll get frustrated and lose interest quick. Also don't go on google and look up anything on it, the comments or related videos or even video title suggestions will spoil it.
>>
>>3650614
I did my first playthrough in 1999 blind in the dark with my house stereo cranked and a rapt audience - didn't even look at a guide until the beginning of my second.

Why didn't I collect the mysterious liquid?
>>
>>3649881
>Is it intended for me to fight most enemies or run from most enemies and only fight when I have to? I feel like I'm burning through resources, but running away from everything doesn't feel like the way the game was supposed to be played.
you can run or fight if you want, iirc on normal there is enough items to keep you going okay
>>
>>3649881
I've tried playing this on ePSXe before but it seems like cutscenes run slow. Like the dialogue all sounds slower than it should be. Is there any way to fix this?
>>
>>3652305
Play in pSX emulator. I'm NOT a "play how it's intended fag" but if there is one game that looks better without ePSXe's advanced plugins, it's Silent Hill.

pSXfin is fast and easy to setup too. Memory cards saves should be compatible.
>>
>>3650614
I played it in 01-02, only puzzle I got stuck on was the piano one, the clue is kinda hard. Had to look it up online but the text walkthrough, with the puzzle being entered in keys I had no idea which was what. Had to have my sister input the keys as she knew how to play music. Very thankful for her helping me out as I was stuck for a while. Every other puzzle was kinda easy to figure out, the map shows x on paths that are blocked so very helpful on where you can go and cant.
>>
I finished that game today and got the worst ending possible... Feels pretty bad but I can't be bothered to replay it just for the sake of autism. Great game overall though
>>
>>3652819
With older games just play through the game however you want. In mine I just ran most of the time and used the axe unless I was low on health/medicine then id just use my guns to keep them at a distance and kill em.

There are no achievements to unlock in older games so you dont need to replay to get them all. I personally dont, unless theyre kinda easy. Honestly the only time I remember playing through a game again on purpose to get something was mgs3 where I hit all those frog toys for the stealth camo. The bike sequence at the end where you have to snipe those bastards and listen for the sound with the directional mic were a pain in the ass.

So yea, just play the game how you want and beat it. Then just watch all the different endings on youtube. No achievement rewards to unlock so no point replaying them just for something specific. Honestly in mine i didnt save cybil or cheryl in the game if i remember correctly.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.