[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Thoughts on the Everdrive 64 v3 A custom N64 flashcart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (65KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 800x800px
ITT: Thoughts on the Everdrive 64 v3

A custom N64 flashcart cartridge that can play all PAL, NTSC-U & NTSC-J roms on any N64 console WITHOUT EMULATION! We are essentially bypassing the dodgy N64 emulation options by using real hardware with real software, albeit software from roms. No slowdown, no glitchiness, no emulation jank.

It allows us to have nearly 100% compatability with all N64 games ever released worldwide, allows us to play N64 software with our authentic controllers, allows us to quickly use the inbuilt gameshark feature to unlock everything or activate cheats etc., and it allows us to play many modded, homebrew, unreleased and demo games on official hardware.

These mods include:
- Banjo-Kazooie, thanks to the community over at Banjo's Backpack who have crafted many new levels and games in the Banjo-Kazooie engine
- Goldeneye, thanks to the community at GoldeneyeVault, who bring us 85 new multiplayer levels, 93 new singleplayer levels, and most importantly, GOLDENEYE X - which is Goldeneye multiplayer in the more powerful Perfect Dark Engine.
- Perfect Dark mods
- F-Zero mods
- Diddy Kong racing mods
- Etc.

Now my questions to all of /vr/ are:
1) What do you think of the Everdrive N64 v3
2) Do you think it's the perfect way to play N64 roms as it circumvents janky emulation
3) If you had the money, and wanted to buy something really special for your SO who loves the N64, would you buy this as a gift

Cheers guys, some links with more info below.

Link to Official Shop: https://krikzz.com/store/home/28-everdrive-64-v3.html
(You might get a certificate error, however the website is not malicious and does not contain malware - just a heads up)

In Depth Analysis: http://micro-64.com/features/everdrive64.shtml
>>
Yes, it's the best way to play N64 games. Do you think a v4 will be coming out soon?
>>
>>3649363
the fuck is a SO? Some sort of reddit talk?
>>
>>3649369
I don't know, I'm trying to think of what they could improve, but I think they might've nailed it
>>
I thought advertising was against the rules.
>>
>>3649371
It means 'Significant Other'

Figures /vr/ would be ignorant about the expression

>t. /g/
>>
>>3649363

I wanna play at least 1080p and 60fps because fuck fidelity and I haven't touch a CRT in 15 years. Keep your hipster stuff anon.
>>
>>3649465
Spoiled modern gamer, the post.
>>
>>3649363
Fuck off Krikzz.

I bought a cheap Chinese knockoff ED64 and don't regret it at all.
>>
>le ebin shill meme
>>
>>3649374
Why would OP want to shill something if it's constantly talked about or subject of a lot of threads on /vr/ anyway?
>>
>>3649841
Don't ask me. That OP reeks of shilling, though.
>>
File: EverDrive_N8_NES_EDN8.jpg (215KB, 1028x1028px) Image search: [Google]
EverDrive_N8_NES_EDN8.jpg
215KB, 1028x1028px
Does anyone know if the N8 and/or GB everdrives can play those unlicensed Chinese games?
>>
hey krikz why is your super everdrive such an overpriced piece of dogshit that barely works with any sd cards and is actually less functional than not only the sd2 but also the 40$ chink ripoffs
>>
>>3650229
The N8 has pretty poor compatibility with Chinese Original FC games. It's really hit or miss on mine, some work great, some don't launch, and some launch and don't work right.
>>
>>3649893
I've been saying it forever, Krikzz is definitely paying people to shill for him and discourage discussion of cheaper Chinese alternatives to his products.
>>
Saved my self 80 bucks and got the 2.5. Don't give a single shit about Pokémon Stadium 2, and having to press reset save is a non-issue when I have to get up to turn the thng off anyways.
>>
>v3 - now even more idiot friendly
wow that's perfect for me because my wife and I are HUGE idiots!
>>
>>3650310
same
>>
>>3649363
Cool shitpost blog kid.
Make sure your SO isn't a muh original carts faggot before buying. Some people get really triggered by these things.
>>
>>3650335
Shouldn't you be buying a Retron 5 and AVS for your wife's boyfriend? Flashcarts are for non-cucks.
>>
>>3650268
Different anon, I've noticed this as well. Do bootleg Chinese games have custom mappers or some shit that the flashcart can't simulate properly?
>>
>>3651094
Most have a knock off of a standard mapper but obviously it's different enough to cause problems. Probably not intentionally by design. Just shitty design.
>>
I just bought an ED64 and I have one question about it. Does the ED64 save Memory Pak stuff to the SD card, or do you need an actual physical Memory Pak for it?
>>
>>3649363
Does it play Doom 64 with wads and support Gamecub sticks
>>
>>3649371
My wife loves it!
sadly she's actually not too bothered, too busy on her Xbox One. Makes her smile to hear cute Yoshi noises when I play Yoshi Story.

inb4 she has a son. We have no kids.
>>
What does the DSP module of theSuper EverDrive v2 mean?
Does it come with a DSP, clock and inverter chip already soldered?
Can I buy the cheaper one without the DSP option and solder the DSP chip from a donor cart myself?
>>
Ordered a 2.5 on black friday. Still not dispatched. Any you shills know how long this gonna be?
>>
>>3651995
Tell me about it. I ordered a Turbo Everdrive a month ago and still no updates.
>>
>>3651995
Seconding this. Can someone give a possible ETA for these things?
>>
>>3649363

fuck off shill
>>
>>3649363
>1) What do you think of the Everdrive N64 v3

That your aggressive marketing only has the opposite intended effect. The more you shill your services on /vr/, the more potential customers you alienate.

>2) Do you think it's the perfect way to play N64 roms as it circumvents janky emulation

No, for two reasons:

1.) It's absurdly overpriced compared to an alternative such as softmodding a Wii and downloading VC WADs. Nintendo's in-house emulation isn't that shitty.

2.) Flash cart compatibility isn't perfect, so this method isn't actually a step up from emulation to begin with.

>3) If you had the money, and wanted to buy something really special for your SO who loves the N64, would you buy this as a gift

No.
>>
>>3652682
Do you have a blog so I can read more of your bad opinions?
>>
>>3652694

'tard/10

That really convinced me to buy your ShitDrive.
>>
>>3652709
Where's the blog dude? I want to see more epic crusades against those damn dirty shills.
>>
>>3652682
>2.) Flash cart compatibility isn't perfect, so this method isn't actually a step up from emulation to begin with.
That's probably the most retarded thing I've seen posted here in a while. Compatibility is near perfect and having to tweak a setting or apply a patch to run a handful of games isn't an issue. But equating compatibility with the shit state of N64 emulation. Retarded. Just plain retarded.
>>
File: ed64plus1.jpg (69KB, 475x351px) Image search: [Google]
ed64plus1.jpg
69KB, 475x351px
>>3650276

Had pic related for a while, cost about $10 USD when I was in japan. I thought this was the original, had to solder in a CIC 6102 but it works with everything I tried.
>>
>>3652682
>That your aggressive marketing only has the opposite intended effect. The more you shill your services on /vr/, the more potential customers you alienate.
Keep telling yourself that.

>1.) It's absurdly overpriced compared to an alternative such as softmodding a Wii and downloading VC WADs. Nintendo's in-house emulation isn't that shitty.
N64 VC on the Wii renders at a native 480p, so games look a lot sharper than they do on native hardware. But the image quality and controls aren't emulated that well.

>2.) Flash cart compatibility isn't perfect, so this method isn't actually a step up from emulation to begin with.
v3.0 works with every N64 ROM in existence.

>>3652709
You couldn't afford even if you wanted it, buttblasted pussy.
>>
>>3654057
>v3.0 works with every N64 ROM in existence.

Yes, but only by applying cracks over JFG and BT to get them to work. Otherwise you need a 6105 cic chip.

Did dezaemon 3d saving ever start working?
>>
>>3651523
That's what she wants you to think.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.