[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How hard is DKC2? Recently I played through the first game and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: dkc2.jpg (42KB, 457x307px) Image search: [Google]
dkc2.jpg
42KB, 457x307px
How hard is DKC2? Recently I played through the first game and thought it was great. I had a hard time beating the last two worlds though and backtracked a lot to save in previous worlds or farm for lives. Otherwise I wouldn't have beaten it. Platform Perils alone took me about 50 tries.

How does the second part fare difficulty wise? Does it also have spots to farm and go back to another world to save?
>>
>>3647514
You might as well quit if thats what it took for you to beat DKC1. It only gets harder in 2 and exponentially more so in 3.
>>
>>3647514
Animal antics is a complete nightmare
>>
It's not too hard. After playing DKC1 a couple of times through I breezed through it.

The level design isn't a scratch on DKC1 though. Any difficulty people talk about comes from the gimmicks in it.
>>
It's got a bit of challenge, but if you just play thru normally it's not so bad. Trying to 100% it is a nightmare though, especially without a guide. Finding everything is bad enough, but those extra levels are absolutely killer.
>>
Animal Antics.
>>
>>3647620
Just fly slowly and dont move with the wind, move against it

Makes the level infinitely easier
>>
>>3647543
>>3647620

That isn't even required to "beat" the "story" if that is what OP wants.

Toxic Tower might be hard for him. Only a few stages are truthfully harder in DKC 2 that DKC 1s hardest stages overall.

Special area, with Animal Antics, would be impossible if he had trouble on DKC 1.
>>
>>3647641
I never got why people say toxic tower is the hardest regular stage. Bramble scramble and Screechs sprint are probably the hardest non-special stages.
(Though still not all that hard). Web woods is tough too, though only because it's like a ten minute level, just obscenely long but not really hard.
>>
Is harder than most classic Nintendo platformers, but i consider it a very fair game. Getting 102% is what makes the tough.
>>
>>3647669
I agree that Bramble Scramble is harder, but at least it's more visually appealing so I don't personally mind. Screech's Sprint isn't that hard if you can use the cartwheel jump with Diddy and the shortcut at the race part.
>>
>>3647565
>Any difficulty people talk about comes from the gimmicks in it.

What gimmicks? If you're talking about level elements, they are not gimmicks. They only complement the game mechanics and offer different ways of challenging the player.

The only thing that comes close to a gimmick in the entire trilogy are the banana bird caves in DKC3 which are totally unrelated to the core gameplay and are nothing more than a simon says clone. But even then, they aren't required to beat the game normally.
>>
>>3647514
2 is the hardest of the trilogy IMO.
>>
>>3647772
Gimmick is not a derogitory term, m8. Most levels have a gimmick that makes them and that's just fine. Not every word choice is an attack on your beloved memories.
>>
>>3647669
I fucking hated Web Woods until I learned you can control Squitters' webbing with the dpad. Now it's just tedious instead of annoying.
>>
Damn, i beat all the three games 102% some time ago and don't remember 1 being that hard.
I think you're just not good at platformers if you found it that difficult.

2 is somewhat harder than 1, but not so much unless you want to 102% it, then it's hard and you'll never find all the secrets without a guide.

I didn't find 3 to be that hard. Annoying at most.
>>
>>3651346
Nice try.

Derogatory or not, they are not gimmicks. They are level elements, not any different from the cannon barrels, the enemies, etc.
>>
>>3651346
>A gimmick is a novel device or idea designed primarily to attract attention or increase appeal, often with little intrinsic value.
>>
>>3647535
>exponentially more so in 3.

3 is not harder than 2.
>>
>>3647514
Seriously? My 8 year old self beat this game and collected all the coins. Farm? Am I falling for b8?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.