[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know more about the Gamate? I'm intressted in owning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: box_front.jpg (194KB, 979x999px) Image search: [Google]
box_front.jpg
194KB, 979x999px
Anyone know more about the Gamate? I'm intressted in owning one, are there any other produced versions (like with the Watara and the Mega Duck). Besides eBay are there any other places where you might find one?
>>
>>3645901
The Gamate is a meme system. If you want to purchase one, don't buy it with the idea that you'll be playing a lot of games on it. The screen is very low quality and the buttons are cheap plastic that dig into your fingers.
>>
>>3645915
How does the screen compare to Watara and Mega Duck?
>>
>>3645924
It's worse than the Mega Duck and about as bad as the Super Vision. You're not going to see a lot of what you're doing. There are earlier screens that are even worse.
>>
>>3645924
It's about equal to the Super Vision. Mega Duck, believe it or not, is fairly high quality.

The Gamate is pretty worthless. It's a fun collector's piece, but, playing the few good games it has will be a test of your patience, and quickly irritating.

If you want to play an actual off brand/weird handheld, you're better off with the Mega Duck or Mega Cougar. The Super Vision/Watara is a piece of shit.

If you really just want an off the wall handheld, go with an Atari Lynx 1 or 2.
>>
>>3645939
I had a Gamate for a few years, sold it. It's really a piece of junk. It sat on my shelf for the years of ownership.

The Mega Duck is fun, and has a few good games worth actually owning and playing.

The WonderSwan would be my meme system of choice, though.
>>
>>3645901
OP the ghosting is so bad on the Gamate it reduces any moving item to a clear see-through pixel.
>>
File: DSC_0583-1.jpg (59KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0583-1.jpg
59KB, 640x425px
>>3645939
I already have a Mega Duck (by chance) and I'm about to receive Super Vision within a few days.

>>3645948
>>3645936
I take it there is no way of making it more visible like this?
>>
>>3645901
>Un Piccolo Grande
????
>>
>>3645980
Ghosting means objects become blurry when they move, it's a hardware flaw, not something you can solve with a flash light.

I'm sure people will yell shill, but if you wanna get a rough idea of how bad it is, ashens did a video on it, just search "Gamate ashens" on youtube.
>>
>>3645991
I know it is a hardware thing, but thought it might have worked, already watched the video. Is the Hartung Game Master (or any handheld called the Game Master) compatible with the Gamate games? Both Handhelds seem to have almost identical style, slot and cartridge slot.
>>
>>3646069
>I know it's a hardware thing

You obviously didn't know. Not here to try to be mean or anything, though.

Light has nothing to do with ghosting.
>>
>>3646069
No.
The Hartung was an incredibly cheap German system. The Gamate is Chinese.
>>
>>3646080
But there aren't any other variations like the other Chinese/Taiwanese systems?
>>
File: 5a9.png (16KB, 1177x700px) Image search: [Google]
5a9.png
16KB, 1177x700px
>>3645981
>>
>>3645901
>ohaiguise i just saw gamate on teh youtubez can i haz?
I hope you find one. Sounds like you deserve to be punished with this turd.
Not sure where you'd find one aside from jewbay. I got one for a few bucks with 2 games a few years back. First and only I've ever seen.
>>
>>3647503
Nigger, I'm not some stupid e-celeb following sprouting faggot. I was looking for other consoles/handhelds on wikipedia
>>
>>3645991
>Ghosting means objects become blurry when they move, it's a hardware flaw,

It's way the devs intended like composite graphics, anon!
>>
>>3647342
much obliged medicine man
>>
>>3645901
Gamate? More like Yamete.
>>
>>3647329
China has surprisingly strong internal copyright enforcement even though they don't give a damn about foreign stuff. For example if a factory manager wants to make bootleg Samsung stuff nobody is going to stop him, but the moment he touches Huawei his ass is grass.
>>
>>3647503
Some people genuinely like collecting obscure handhelds and want to play a few of the better games on them.

But the Gamate is a piece of shit all the way around.

Mega Duck is a much better investment, because it can actually produce, you know, a bit of fun.
>>
>>3648528
China is incredibly patriotic, and they give zero fucks about other countries.
>>
>>3648569
>Some people genuinely like collecting
I know. I'm one. Why do you think I paid a whole $2 for the turd.

>>3648571
They are. I think you'll find every 3rd world county is. It's only when people get really comfy that they start questioning nationalism.
I had a girl in my Shenzhen office who insisted that China was the biggest country in the world, by area. Showed her maps, lists, etc. Lies! All lies! She chimped the fuck out when we she showed her Canada was bigger.
>>
>>3648685
>She chimped the fuck out when we she showed her Canada was bigger.

That's not possible. How can China be bigger than itself?
>>
>>3648784
>...we showed her Canada was bigger [than China].
>How can China be bigger than itself?

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>3648784
kek

>>3648805
Obviously never been to hongcouver. Or anywhere else in the country for that matter.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.