[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Plebeian >oot is one of the greatest games of all time, if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

Plebeian
>oot is one of the greatest games of all time, if not the greatest
Contrarian
>oot was actually really shitty and aged terribly unlike majora's mask
Patrician
>oot was a pretty good game
>>
I thought it was mostly garbage even back when it was released. Graphics are a fucking eyesore, gameplay is a pain in the ass, and it's incredibly small and linear with no real exploration or discovery to be had.
>>
>>3643568
>Plebeian
>oot is one of the greatest games of all time, if not the greatest
It was though, at least at the time of it's release.
>>
>>3643575
heh, edgy, kiddo.
>>
>>3643586
>old enough to have a real opinion of the game when it was released, making me a fuck lot older than any of you twats
>kiddo
Nugamer kids belong in /v/.
>>
>>3643590
a shitty opinion is shitty regardless of age
>>
>>3643568
Plebian
>Wind Waker was a good game
Patrician
>I stopped playing zelda games past MM when I grew up to be 13
>>
>>3643568

ALTTP has aged like fine wine. OOT was good at the time but ALTTP will always remain a classic. That 3DS remake of ALTTP is worse than the original game.
>>
>>3643568
You were either not alive at the time OoT came out or were too young to play it.

It, like FF7, were an experience. Back then we didn't have much in the way of interactive digital media and internet wasn't as pervasive in everyone's lives as it is now, so games were a huge fucking deal.

Everyone from my generation remembers OoT as the titan it really is. 4chanfags and underage b&s will never experience 1998 the way we all did and that's sad.
>>
>>3643568
It's so annoying seeing all these anti OoT people on this site. The game was a fucking masterpiece when it came out. Now all of a sudden since every retard with a camera can make a "TV show" and post it on the internet these stupid opinions get spread around like wild fire.

OoT is a damn good game that has some minor flaws, just like all the other 10/10 games out there. No game is perfect, and a 10/10 rating is more symbolic than an actual perfect score.
>>
File: Triforce_2_by_5995260108.png (266KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Triforce_2_by_5995260108.png
266KB, 1024x768px
>>3643568
>>3644838
>>3644840

>4chanfags and underage b&s will never experience 1998 the way we all did and that's sad.

>OoT is a damn good game that has some minor flaws, just like all the other 10/10 games out there.

Yep here's a Tribute to the Masterpiece OOT is. Mixing the old in with the new.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wu_Lo3z0ys
>>
For me OoT is like every other Zelda game : it's good but it never has any depth to any of its mechanic, even though it has potential for it. Even the masterquest got me disappointed.

OoT was influencial and deserve the praise for putting a lot of elements and mechanics together, making them tight and work together, and taking advantage of 3D when it was still relatively new for the common game to do so.

However clueless fanboys exagerate the praise. They're going to argue that every single thing OoT does, it invented it, innovated it, which is just not true. No Resident Evil in their mind would claim it did everything it did before Alone In The Dark. Yet, OoT fanboys do just the same.

I think the issue is mostly that the average "retro gamer" these days (youtube videos etc) are clueless consolefags who just don't know that much. They only know what's popular, and don't tell me they talk about obscure (S)NES games too, because THOSE are popular in comparison with what actual knowledge and history of video games.
>>
>>3644856
>it never has any depth to any of its mechanic
Elaborate?
>>
>>3644838
>"I was a kid in 1998, I'm such an old man"
mate...
>>
>>3644836
this.

LttP is the greatest Zelda, but OoT is still very good.
>>
>>3644923
For all the new power-ups (new weapons, new tools, etc) you get, it's always a simple use of them. Same for combat, there is only a cuople of fights in the entirety of OoT that are worth mentionning.
>>
>>3644932
>it's always a simple use of them
As opposed to...? I'm not quite sure what you expected. Most tools perform a function and that's it. Give me an example of another game that has this sort of "depth of mechanic" you're looking for.
>>
>>3644947
You don't understand what I'm getting at.

I'm not telling the tools are simple.

I'm saying that what is expected of you to do with them is simple and always remain so, yet something like that has potential for some real cool action, puzzle, platforming etc

Actually the graple hook is a bad example because it's the least worse thing in OoT in that regard, but hopefully you my point.
I don't feel like Zelda games hardly ever challenge the player with their mechanics and make smart, unexpected things out of them. There could be some really cool level design with some of those mechanics but no, it always remain super simple.

Same with combat. OoT has a great combat system, but the fights are always so simple it doesn't matter. Zelda games in general are a gigantic waste of potential.
>>
>>3644836
This, but A Link Between Worlds isn't a remake and it's still fucking neato
>>
>>3644957
See, this is why A Link Between Worlds is really great. First, it takes an interesting travel mechanic and allows the player the opportunity to use it in a multitude of puzzle-solving situations. The merging mechanic is very fleshed out and helpful in more than just traversal, as it is used even in combat on occasion.

Then, it centralizes dungeons around specific items. While this might be considered a flaw by some, it allows the dungeon to be fully focused around that mechanic, which is expanded on in a number of very clever ways within that place. There are some examples where items aren't even the main focus, rather enemy behavior or the dungeon design itself contributes to a variety of unique situations.

Finally, it presents the player with mini dungeons peppered around the overworld map, where they can experiment or apply the items they have obtained in specific, challenging ways. These are an additional use for items, or even certain types of objects seen regularly in the game, and it adds more variety.

While A Link Between Worlds reuses familiar elements and items from A Link to the Past and straight-up rips its overworld design from the game, the variance it presents in just about every other aspect is pretty awesome, and it shows a perspective centered more on how to use items freely by the Zelda team.
>>
>>3644856
>They're going to argue that every single thing OoT does, it invented it, innovated it, which is just not true
It did innovate a lot, though, there's no other game like it.
>>
>>3647924
>It did innovate a lot
In which way? People always bring the Z targeting out, but the concept of a lock on in 3D gaming predates OOT, and very few games (Shyphon Filter comes to mind) actually implemented the lock on in that particular way.
>>
>>3647946
>doesn't know anything about it
>hurr durr what did it innovate?
Yeah, I don't know, underage. Maybe when you grow up I'll tell you a bedtime story about it ;)
>>
>>3647951
>Can't make a single valid point.
Cute.
>>
>>3647957
Why talk about the most famous and widely known to the greatest game of all time? It's all been said already. Why would I want to talk to some kid that wasn't even around in 1998? Just kill yourself, kid. You're pathetic.
>>
Ocarina of Time was my first experience with a very immersive 3D game world. Still have my N64 system and the games in storage. So much nostalgia and it makes me feel old. I remember spending so many hours on the fishing game alone in that Zelda universe.
>>
>>3647967
If you were young enough to have that kind of nostalgia for Ocarina now you're probably not old at all, 5th gen fags please know your place.

t.was 17 when the game first came out
>>
>>3647967
>in storage
>not in a comfy corner in your room
Kindly fuck off this board
>>
>>3647975
I'm in my late 30s so this game came out in my late teens I believe. I recall since I bought the N64 with my own money as the only other system I ever had was the SNES. I suppose being old is relative though. I don't play video games no more but I will look up info on them from time to time.
>>
>>3644836
>3DS remake

At least play the games you're talking about. It's not a remake you nigger
>>
>>3643568
>Tfw patrician
I knew this anyway tho. I wouldn't call oot overrated either.
>>
>>3643568
It's weird how an "overrated" game eventually becomes underrated, and vice-versa.
>>
>>3647961
A+ debate skills, champ. Seems like you're just parroting what you hear and can't back it up.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.