[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what a fucking travesty. glad i didn't pay full, price.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: MSA.jpg (102KB, 708x409px) Image search: [Google]
MSA.jpg
102KB, 708x409px
what a fucking travesty.
glad i didn't pay full, price. but still.
this game is literally unplayable. and this is the first time i've ever used that term. and of course i mean it.
i only played the first game but christ is this input lag the most damning thing sullying some of the best video game experiences one can have.
don't spend money on this garbage. please. this is for yourself.
and here i was thinking i could get a good couch co-op game on my ps4.
i wouldn't be so upset if the games were shitty. but they're not. it's fucking metal slug. how do you fuck that up? it has to be hard to fuck up fucking metal slug doesn't it?
turns out it's not! holy shit i'm bitter right now. i'm sorry, i needed to vent a sec.
what the godawful fuck.
i don't remember the standalone version of metal slug 3 (ps4) being this bad.
maybe it's better for the other games.
has anyone else played this on ps4? opinions? am i overreacting? i don't think i am honestly; as i said, LITERALLY unplayable. but i want to know what anyone else thinks.
>>
all official neogeo emulation releases I've tried have been garbage.

Mame+a nice arcade stick is the way to go
>>
what exactly is wrong with it? had it for wii and it was fine but that was a long time ago
>>
Soooo, I shouldn't get the ps2 release? Which version are you slamming?
>>
>>3641883
I heard that's one of the better ones. Stay the FUCK away from the PC stuff though
>>
>>3641857
I played ps2 version of Anthology and i didn't notice much lag at all, and managed to 1CC thr first game.
>>
>>3641883
All versions suck
>>
This is some shitposting.

The Anthology version is playable. It's not the best version, and it's not worth buying on PS2 by price alone.

Theres really no reason to buy it, since they're all available on Fightcade anyways, and only really 1, 2, 3 and X are worth playing. 4 5 6 and beyond are just kinda shit and soulless.

Fightcade is the best option. PS2 version is way too expensive. Wii Version is alright.

I'm MVS cabinet master race
>>
>>3641882
the input lag.
generally, i can get used to it in most games that have it. it just takes a little bit of adjusting.
basically, i don't consider myself an elitist when it comes to this stuff.
but - i don't know how to explain this clearly - there is a threshold where if there is too much input lag, the fun/feeling of control just completely drops off and what forms is a big disconnect between my hands and what is happening on the screen.
holding up the controller to the screen and seeing the timing for yourself, the delay between the press of a button and a jump or shot is unbelievably massive. unplayably massive.
the fun goes downhill when you begin to realize you aren't jumping out of the way of shots, you are PLANNING to jump out of the way of shots.
so shooting isn't AS big of a deal since you are generally shooting most of the time, so you can get used to it.
i must have walked straight off of the first 20 ledges i had to jump across, that's how bad it is. again, though, that can be adjusted and gotten used to.
but those parts where you need to angle your shots diagonally with the HMG or in the metal slug for example, you basically have to lead your shots before the enemy even shows up on screen. it's awful.
also, i am a musician so timing/rhythm are kind of second nature to me so that makes this stuff stand out even more. i completely understand if some people get used to it easier, but metal slug 1 was an exercise in frustration for me. maybe the other games are better.
>>3641883
PS4, which i think is the emulated PS2 version.
>>3641891
maybe you just don't notice it. but a quick google search has people complaining across the spectrum.
>>3641928
i admit i was worked up because i was so excited to play it and my experience just felt wrong.
>>
>>3641934

An emulation of an emulation? You should've known off the rip that the input lag would render it unplayable.
>>
SNK are really lazy.
>>
>>3641890
>Stay the FUCK away from the PC stuff though
The emulator that comes with the PC release is crap, but if someone's goal is to buy authorized copies of the roms, they're in plain zip files inside the PC release installation folders, so you can just move them into MAME/Retroarch/whatever (or onto a NeoGeo flashcart).
>>
>>3641985
true, never looked at it that way : ^)
>>
>>3641857
had this on the Wii

it was tolerable then. what did you buy this on?
>>
The Neo Geo emulator SNK currently use is infamously bad, dot.emu or something I think it's called. In recent years they've outsourced their ports to some cheap Chinese company who really don't give two shits how the games play. Pretty much every game on Steam/current gen suffers from this.

The PS2 version isn't bad though, there's a patch out there to run it in 240p and once you do that it plays fine. Don't bother with the Wii release as you can just get the Virtual Console versions of the games which run much better. Alternatively you can run the games perfectly on an old Pentium III or something, Neo Geo is not taxing as far as emulation goes.
>>
>>3641880
mame has absurd input lag on neogeo games.
>>
>>3641928
NA Wii ver. sucks ass. Emulate the JAP ver instead.
>>
>>3641857
>input lag

No you just suck. So fucking sick of kids using that as an excuse for being a bunch of noobs git gud faggot or fuck off back to /v/.
>>
I really like the PSP version, you can play it in its original resolution which looks great and it plays fairly well. Only downside is a bit more loading here and there.
>>
>>3641857
I have Metal Slug XX on my PSP. Come and talk about it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.