[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Black Friday sales everywhere. >"Boy I wonder what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: icecreameveryday.jpg (13KB, 244x235px) Image search: [Google]
icecreameveryday.jpg
13KB, 244x235px
>Black Friday sales everywhere.
>"Boy I wonder what I can get!"
>"I'm not too interested in this..." "This seems too expensive..." "I probably can't run this on my PC anyway"
>Every single game I ended up buying was some game I played as a kid.

I-is this how it starts?
>>
>>3639650
>starts
Niggs, for most of us it never ended.
>>
I just got a bunch of retro games from the steam sale that will run well on my GPD WIN. Currently playing through the Gabriel Knight series. I must have had my rose colored glasses on because I don't remember these being this frustrating when I played them as a kid. I've had to look at guides online several times already.
>>
>>3640063
I didn't got anything from Activision because they overprice their games to hell and back. I did got a bunch of stuff on GOG tho, and I have a GPD Win coming in the mail soon. How does that little thing do with old PC games? I'm curious as to whether the touch screen is usable in them.
>>
>>3639650
>didn't buy anything because all I wanted was an Everdrive N8 and it was still over $100 on sale
>still don't have any of the other cables needed to use the famicom I bought
>>
>>3640278
Can someone explain to me why Everdrives are so expensive?

I mean, surely they don't cost THAT much to make.
>>
>>3640327
Well.... I think they do.

Think about it from this perspective instead. You're spending a smol sum of about a hundred or 2, and you get access to the entire nes/famicom library, instead of getting a few games for the same price.
>>
>>3640445
Yes, I know that in terms of the value in offer they can save you a ton of money in the long run, if you don't care about collecting, or you don't wanna wear down your stuff. But at the same time I think they might be a bit overpriced in terms of their actual production cost.

Idk, I mean I don't care all that much, it's just something I wonder.
>>
Waaaaaaaait a second. Now I've had my eye on a Mega EverDrive X5 for a while now. It's cost $50 for the past few months. Now all of a sudden its price is $89 but on "sale" for $71.20. Now that's some scummy bullshit right there.
>>
>>3640464
They are overpriced, but not because the manufacturers are jews. It's because the hardware inside, while very powerful and easy to program, is extremely expensive in low quantity. Like the fpga is worth $60 on its own.
>>
>>3640327
Get the chink version dipshit
>>
>>3639650
I made it up to the Wii, but only ever got few games for it, the only game I ever finished on it was Super Paper Mario, and it was MEH as fuck, also ridiculously easy. The only newer game I've played since then was South Park Stick of Truth, which is basically the paper mario mechanics. I'm looking forward to Fractured But Whole, but other than that I'm not considering any recent game at all. I just stick to my SNES, N64 and GC.
>>
File: Capture.png (37KB, 333x262px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
37KB, 333x262px
>>3640445
Ds flashcarts are 5 dollars mar negro
>>
File: 2016-09-05-skull-grunt.jpg (545KB, 950x1344px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-05-skull-grunt.jpg
545KB, 950x1344px
All I bought on Friday was a Shadman poster.

I own a lot of stuff already, I don't need anymore electronics. I'm happy with my HDTV even if it's 4 years old.
>>
>>3640185
Honestly I haven't even messed with the touch screen. Mouse emulation using the built in controls is so good in these old games that I kinda forget about the touch screen. The old games I've gotten from steam come with DOSbox pre-configured and I've had no issues. I bought the Tex Murphy games as well but haven't tried them. Non retro related I've been playing the bioshock HD remaster on it which really pushes the hardware but it's still playable. Biggest drawback I've noticed is heat when playing 3D intensive games. There's a heatsink mod I may try later that's supposed to help.
>>
>>3640532
Mega Everdrive X3 was the one sold for $50,00, not the X5.
>>
I bought N64 and GBA everdrives. I'm pretty excited for them.
>>
>>3639650
Most modern single player games are basically movies with extremely choreographed """gameplay""" sequences thrown in that you do over and over until you follow the exact sequence of steps the developers intended.
>>
File: 1479677235761.jpg (6KB, 255x220px) Image search: [Google]
1479677235761.jpg
6KB, 255x220px
>>3640760
>All I bought on Friday was a Shadman poster.
>>
>>3640656
I'm interested in that game Owlboy, that just came out, but I might wait until it drops a bit in price, and I suppose I'm looking forwards to Shenmue 3 but I don't wanna be disappointed again like I was with The Phantom Pain last year. Made me learn that you don't just trust a developer because he has a good track record.

>>3640760
What do you even do with one of those?

>>3640864
Have they still not fixed that? Geez, you'd think it wouldn't be such a complicated thing to change. Also good to hear, I imagine the sticks are rather nice sliders like the 3DS ones right? Also, wouldn't it be better to just play OG Bioshock then?

>>3641390
Lately they seem to have gone the "SUPER ULTRA FREEDOM SANDBOX OPEN WORLD" route, a couple of them seem interesting I guess and I like open world games but all of them seem to be using the Ubisoft formula which really you might as well have all the content on a big checklist if you are gonna do that.
>>
>>3641531
Everyonce and awhile he draws something great.
>>3641619
Hang it on my wall duh.
>>
>>3641653
I hope by "great" you weren't referring to the pic you just posted.
>>
>>3640709
Different thing though, the price of making them are cheap as shit, whereas with everdrives, more or less one person is making them, he's the only one in the market making them aside from clones.
>>
>>3641712
Yes, I think that's a great picture of his. DEM FEETS
>>
>>3639650
I bought a copy of Shining Force III from my brick and mortar retro shop. The black friday discount made it way below your average Jew price on eBay.
>>
>>3641731
I wish there were retro gaming shops where I live, I bet they're pretty comfy places, isn't Shining Force a relatively rare game btw? Or am I completely wrong?
>>
File: Ritsu (548).jpg (20KB, 397x488px) Image search: [Google]
Ritsu (548).jpg
20KB, 397x488px
>>3640760
>that fence
>>
>>3641619
The sticks are nice, the trigger buttons feel pretty cheap though. The original bioshock would be less strain on it, but I wanted to see how it held up under some stress and it's actually not bad. I honestly thought about canceling my order before I received it because I just didn't think I would use it enough to justify the price. But now it's really growing on me, and considering there's really nothing like it out there I'm really glad I got it. There is a few handhelds slated for future release, but the smach z is way too big to carry around in your pocket, and the PGS looks like a Russian scam. I've got about 600 steam games that I never thought I'd make a dent in until I bought this thing.
>>
>>3641979
The PGS us 100% a scam until they prove otherwise, even their prototype was just a Windows tablet on a 3D printed case.
>>
>>3640760
Sauce on image.
>>
>>3642445
Boku no Pico.
>>
>>3642445
Literally just read what he said.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.