[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your opinion on pic related's works? >Shining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: camelot.jpg (19KB, 355x190px) Image search: [Google]
camelot.jpg
19KB, 355x190px
What's your opinion on pic related's works?

>Shining Force I/II/III/CD
>Shining Darkness/Holy Ark
>Shining Wisdom
>Golden Sun
>Mario Tennis/Golf
>>
>>3639554

They were born out of a hatred of FE's pacing for babies

>Shining Force’s most obvious inheritance from Silver Ghost is the gochakyara (multiple character) system, whereby the chess-like command of units drove the series’ battle system and satisfied Takahashi’s desire for a truly engaging brand of tactical combat. Daring to mention Intelligent Systems’ (ostensibly) similarly structured Fire Emblem series only earns us a humorous retort: “The original Famicom Fire Emblem game? The tempo of that title was so bad that it wasn’t something I even wanted to play. Fire Emblem had zero influence on Shining Force.” Takahashi continues, “Rather, before participating in the Shining Project I was thinking, ‘I wonder if there’s any way we can take the battles from Dragon Quest and make them more fun?’ Shining Force’s battle system came about as a result of following that line of thinking to its logical conclusion” – evidently with a little help from Silver Ghost.
>>
The Golden Sun games are dreadful, but the Mario Golf/Tennis games are good.
>>
File: IMG_1214.jpg (58KB, 635x422px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1214.jpg
58KB, 635x422px
>>3639554
Shing Force games are the best of all time.

First person dungeon crawlers just aren't my thing but I recognize the quality.

Golden Sun was okay but if I have to push another fucking log I'm going to go fucking crazy.
>>
You forgot Beyond the Beyond, the greatest JRPG of all time, OP.
>>
their music is iconic
>>
>>3639703
Is this a joke? It looks cool but got terrible reviews, but I have never played it. I want it to be good but not sure if I should waste my time.
>>
>>3639703
Better than Secret of The Stars?
>>
>>3639712
Just play it, it's not like you have anything better to do.
>>
>>3639594
Cool quote. I think its referring specifically to the engine of the famicom, as FE's pacing gameplaywise is a "faster" take on the genre(no retreats, more mobility options). Shining Force moves speedy compared to that, although as to why they made the second battle in the game a backtrack through a hill with no enemies is a mystery.

Shining Force 1 is a good game even if it has some issues. Due to the more traditional stat building system, low attack characters are screwed and require grinding if they start weak around halfway. Kane's fight is a pain in the ass. Elements like multiple attacks are very random. I do like the spell system and town visiting elements.

I need to finish SF2. Excellent music, its just a slower start plotwise.

One thing I noticed is that they have excellent sound effects in their games. Not just music, but the little beeps and boops. They knew how to make the best of the sound chip in a system.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.