[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Classic Phantasy Star thread? Just finished this. I have already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

File: Phantasy_Star_III_box_US.jpg (34KB, 250x374px) Image search: [Google]
Phantasy_Star_III_box_US.jpg
34KB, 250x374px
Classic Phantasy Star thread?

Just finished this. I have already beaten 1, 2 and 4 and was planning on skipping this entirely due to the horrible things I've heard about it, but I decided to give it a go. The entire thing felt like some sort of insane fever dream; the world map theme that would add an instrument for each party member, the repetitive battle music that would suddenly shift and speed up once the turn started, and the overall feeling that something was horribly, horribly wrong in the game (outside of the budget).

Was very interesting.
>>
File: mieu.jpg (36KB, 480x687px) Image search: [Google]
mieu.jpg
36KB, 480x687px
>>3639052
I like that it invented the geneology tree system (which Dragon Quest V would later rip off).

Also Mieu is best girl.
>>
>>3639052
Yeah if it had a good team behind it it would've been a good game. It had some nice ideas but some serious messups.
>>
>>3639052

As much as 4 IS my favorite I always felt that 3 would benefit most from getting a remake.

There's some interesting ideas to be certain but sadly ideas don't mean diddly without execution. On paper it's an epic of epics but in actual practice, notsomuch

>>3639063

Mieu is a cutie but that's pretty feint praise
>>
>>3639068
PS3 in the PSO2 engine. Chop chop.
>>
File: mieu7.jpg (26KB, 350x271px) Image search: [Google]
mieu7.jpg
26KB, 350x271px
>>3639063
Mieu is my waifu.
>>
>>3639052
The music would change depending on how much of a threat the current state of enemies were to your party. At least that's what I figured.
>>
>>3639109
It was based on your remaining HP or at least the number of dead members
>>
>>3639052
>the repetitive battle music that would suddenly shift and speed up once the turn started, and the overall feeling that something was horribly, horribly wrong in the game (outside of the budget).

Worst part of this game. The battle music obnoxiously shifts between what sounds like clown music when you're winning to some speedy vamp tune when you're a little behind. Oddly enough, the music in the rest of the game is easily the best in the series. PSIII needs to be remade.
>>
>>3639142
You have no idea how happy it makes me that they kept this for PSO though. It's a big part of what makes it so fun, even after all these years.
>>
>>3639052
who did you all pick as the 5th guy for PSIV's ending?

I picked Kyra because she's the cutest and has slicers.
>>
>>3639382
The lolibot, of course.
>>
File: 1454802008553.jpg (2MB, 2000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1454802008553.jpg
2MB, 2000x1414px
>>3639382
I played through with several characters, but my favorite thing to do is to play it with only four characters. That's my PS4 hard mode.
>>
>>3639403
good choice

>>3639435
>seth

Okay, so what's his deal? Is he Dark Force in disguise or an actual guy possessed by Dark Force?
>>
File: sari.jpg (72KB, 377x500px) Image search: [Google]
sari.jpg
72KB, 377x500px
>>3639531
Pretty sure the prevailing theory is that he's Dark Force in disguise. However, there's just enough introspection to say that he's a guy possessed by DF to keep the option open.

>>3639108
>>3639068
>>3639063
Hot as Mieu is, she's overshadowed by true best girl.
>>
File: Seth.jpg (22KB, 446x267px) Image search: [Google]
Seth.jpg
22KB, 446x267px
>>3639996
>>3639531

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Dark Force? This guy? You niggas crazy. Seth didn do nuffin
>>
>>3639052
Among the games in the Phantasy Star series PS3 was simultaneously most ambitious and least successful.

As others have pointed out it definitely succeeds in showing the players that something is very wrong in the world.

The multi-generational game play definitely gives it an epic scope and feel.
>>
Can we all agree PS3 has the best opening theme of all time?
>>
>>3641162
>one marriage option is your second cousin
>two options are women who are 1000 years old

Cris is the only normal 3rd gen guy.

>>3640014
I dunno he looks fishy
>>
>>3641178
Yes PS3 has the best intro music.

PS3's music is its strongest feature.
>>
>>3641228
besides the heavy metal battle intro theme

its a sick beat but its too repetitive
>>
>>3641264

and the completely barren world map theme. It expanding as the roster does is a decent enough idea but by the time I even found wren I was bored out of my skull
>>
>>3641178
>>3641228
>>3641264
There was that floating castle you had to get to in order to have your weapons turned into Nei weapons, I loved that tune. Also the ending music did something for me as well. At the time I thought it was awesome that as you got new characters new instruments would be added to the walking overworld theme. And yeah, that opening theme... awesome.
>>
File: 1456862465320.jpg (92KB, 480x695px) Image search: [Google]
1456862465320.jpg
92KB, 480x695px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNrjPUSycwM
It starts out with a variant of Phantasy Star III's opening theme. It's a tribute to the old Mega Drive / Sega Genesis. Watch it. It's pretty sweet.
>>
File: Raja.png (2KB, 222x222px) Image search: [Google]
Raja.png
2KB, 222x222px
>tfw playing the series in chronological order and hearing this in PS4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvEnpFTDo9I
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.