[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What settings do you recommend for Severance: Blade of Darkness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: c.jpg (108KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
108KB, 1024x768px
What settings do you recommend for Severance: Blade of Darkness?

rOpenGL with what?
>>
File: 1434928397075.png (14KB, 553x546px) Image search: [Google]
1434928397075.png
14KB, 553x546px
Just gonna keep making one of these threads every damn hour, huh OP?
>>
>>3633014
I want to beat this game without quicksaving after every fight.

I have heard that you can cancel the animations of earlier, weaker attacks when you make combo.
What button do I press to make this happen?

I need the extra speed.

Barbarian is the hardest character because his moves are slow. The extra reach of his 2hander fades in the late game when enemies 1handed weapons get longer.

Amazon is the easiest difficulty mode because she has the longest range and can dodge fast.

Knight vs Dwarf
Which is better and why?

Is there any mod that makes shields and weapons indestructible?
I never bother to block because my sheild breaks after 3 hits.
>>
I beat the game with the knight
the elf sword combo was just godly
great game
>>
I use one of the D3D renderers combined with the dgVoodoo2 wrapper (requires a DX11-capable GPU). I'm pretty sure that the game was designed for D3D and that the Glide and OpenGL renderers were only added after the fact for compatibility purposes.The OpenGL renderer has an issue with excessive fog in some levels, there is a fix for it but it drastically reduces the amount of fog instead of making the game look how it's supposed to look.

However, as of right now, there is a bug with the dgVoodoo2 wrapper that makes it render lava incorrectly. I consider this an acceptable bug because lava is very rarely seen in the game anyway.

>>3633053
>Barbarian is the hardest character because his moves are slow. The extra reach of his 2hander fades in the late game when enemies 1handed weapons get longer.

So far I've beaten the game with Knight and Barbarian and I'd say Barbarian is much easier. Early game is pretty tough because you have no special moves yet, but you can rely on dodge left/right slash especially for those tall orcs. One of the weapons you want to get early on is the Long Sword. It has a very fast and reliable special move. Another useful weapon is the Flat Sword. Its special move is not as fast but it's still easy to execute and its long reach outranges any other melee attack in the game. You'll also want to get the Rhino Club late game because it's the Barbarian's only special weapon that does blunt damage (useful against skeletons and golems). I've seen some videos of players doing a cancel attack technique to make effective use of the Double Edge but I've been unable to pull it off myself.
>>
>>3633318
>I use one of the D3D renderers combined with the dgVoodoo2 wrapper

Care to post some instructions how to do that?
>>
>>3633773
In the Blade of Darkness launcher, select a D3D renderer in the setup menu. There's a bunch of D3D variants so just try and see which one works best for you. After that, download dgvoodoo2 and extract the DDraw.dll and D3DImm.dll files from its archive and place them in the same directory as Blade.exe. Use dgvoodoosetup.exe to configure the wrapper. The default settings should be fine, though you'll want to disable the watermark because that's just used to make sure the wrapper is being applied, and you might want to force things such as vsync and antialiasing. You can also force the game to run at a specified resolution but that's not an issue in Blade of Darkness because its launcher lets you pick most resolutions anyway.
>>
>>3633941
Sounds easy. Thanks, I'll try it and see if it looks better than rOpenGL.

For now I've used the fog problem solution mentioned there.
https://www.gog.com/forum/blade_of_darkness/fog_problems/post8
>>
>>3633941
>>3634097
Hmm, so I tried D3D and it works, but the game is bright as shit. I also tried Glide through dgVoodoo2, which looks best, but I get FPS drops to 40 when looking at fire burning some item.
>>
>>3634130
Huh, that's odd. In contrast to your issue, I get framerate drops with most of the D3D renderers when I look at light sources (I suspect it's because of the lens flare, because I get no framerate drops when I use a D3D variant where the lens flares are missing) but I don't get framerate drops with Glide even though it has working lens flares. I prefer using D3D over Glide because the menus are broken on my end with the Glide renderer. You did copy dgvoodoo2's Glide .dll files to the .exe directory, right? The reason I ask is because I only get framerate drops when looking at light sources with Glide when I run the game with nGlide (the wrapper which comes with the GOG release).

By the way, if you want to use Glide + dgvoodoo2, I suggest setting the launcher resolution to 640x480 then setting the resolution in the dgvoodoo2 setup to 1280x960. That way you get perfect x2 scaling. Non-integer scaling tends to fuck up a game's UI and text.
>>
>>3633014
Last time I pirated and tried running it, all options resulted in various degrees of shittyness. Really, just get into dark souls series for that type of gameplay, severance undoubtedly rocked at release but didn't age well at all.
>>
>>3634167
I'm running it on a notebook with i3 4000M and Intel HD 4600. That might the reason. With OpenGL I get 60.
>>
>>3634187
Isn't OpenGL's brightness just as much as D3D's on your end? Because they're just as bright as each other on mine.
>>
>>3634195
With OpenGL you can manually set up brightness, gamma and contrast in the game's launcher. The defaults are pretty bright, yeah.
>>
>>3634198
You can adjust brightness, gamma and contrast with D3D too, you just have to do it through the in-game options menu.
>>
File: 24062004-34.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
24062004-34.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
I remember reading a review for this where they talked about a level editor that was going to be included / released later. I know there are fan made maps these days, but was there ever an official level editor?
>>
Holy shit thank you op, been looking for this game forever.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.