[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't the Super Nintendo have a headphone jack like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (455KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
455KB, 1200x600px
Why didn't the Super Nintendo have a headphone jack like the Sega Mega Drive?
>>
Because Nintendo knew that was retarded
>>
>>3631158
It was done on purpose to fuel console wars.

>>3631162
Loved it as a teen.
>>
Because the fucking tv has one.
>>
Because then the fuzzy sound quality would be too obvious
>>
In that case, why didn't the PC Engine, or the 3DO, or the Sega Saturn, or the PlayStation, or the Neo Geo?

Only consoles with headphone jacks are portables.

It's a cool idea though, I never used it as a kid, I think mine didn't work or something, but all home consoles should have one of those.
>>
>>3631332
3DO had it on first model's joysticks.
>>
>>3631158
Because you need a sound output to be capable to reproduce the sound. Usually this is done by the TV, but if you had a jack, it would need to be present also on the console itself OR the joypad. This incurs in an increased production cost for something people wouldn't use that much.
>>
>>3631158
Because its A/V out has stereo sound.
>>
>>3631158
Why did the Genesis sound like a fart machine?
>>
>>3631402
I guess we can add 3DO to the list of the retarded consoles
>>
>>3631443
This is the correct answer. The headphone jack was the only way to get stereo sound out of the genesis, whereas snes had the multi av out
>>
>>3631462
>The headphone jack was the only way to get stereo sound out of the genesis

lol, really? that's pathetic
>>
>>3631462
>The headphone jack was the only way to get stereo sound out of the genesis
out of all of them or only the model 1?
because only the model 1 sported the jack.
>>
>>3631468
you just repeated what he said, yes, the headphone jack was the only way to get stereo

model 2 had even fartier sound, worse graphics and no headphone jack
>>
Because it the SNES controller had a cord length that was wroth a damn. The Genesis controller was only 3 damn feet long so the system practically had to be in your lap, might as well stick a headphone jack there as long as it was so close.
>>
>>3631158
SNES owners could afford better sound systems then a pair of headphones
>>
the genesis color palette was an absolute joke as well
>>
>Why didn't the Game Chap have colour unlike the Porta-me-Go

Does anyone else hate it when limeys call it the Mega whatever?
>>
>>3631468
The model 2 has stereo audio via the redesigned AV port.
A point of trivia: even if you connected a 32x to your model 1 Genesis you'd still receive mono audio, even from 32x games. This can be fixed with moding or a 3.5 mm patched cable.
>>
So people wouldn't laugh at the muffled orchestra of piss poor sounds
>>
>>3631468
Only the Model 1, which used a legacy and somewhat standardized DIN connector for audio and video (supporting RGB but only Mono sound). Most if not all TVs were mono, and the obvious headphone jack on the front was both there to help people realize the console supported stereo sound, and connect the console to a decent external surround system.

The Model 2 switched to a mini-DIN with more pins, and outputs stereo directly.
>>
>>3631656
>does anyone else hate it when Japanese call it the Super Famicom

fuck off dude
>>
>>3631656
Everybody call it Mega Drive because its the correct name. Only filthy burgers use the word Genesis. "Genesis 16 4:3 " it sounds like something straight from the Bible, lmao
>>
>>3631656
>Game Chap
multiKek!
>>
>>3631158
SNES was intended for babies and autistic teens who didn't care about annoying everyone on the block with their gay baby games playing at full volume.
>>
Headphones are a neat feature for the crap keyboard audio of the genesis because only little furfags would hear the farts and bee swarm sounds that the genesis produces.
>>
File: Autistic Problems.png (292KB, 500x311px) Image search: [Google]
Autistic Problems.png
292KB, 500x311px
>>3631882
Most people typically associate autists with wearing headphones
>>
>>3631912
>Wearing headphones to drown out unwanted noise.
I'm fairly certain even normalfags do this with white/pink noise, akin to those sleeping visors if they don't have blinds or something
>>
Lots of bait laid out there for Genesis fans to try and piss off Genesis fans. I hate threads that only encourage shitposting and no genuine discussion.
>>
>>3631998
Bullshit. None of the following US released consoles had a headphone jack:

>Famicom
>Sega Master System
>TurboGrafx 16
>Sega Saturn
>Nintendo 64

Basically, within 10 years of the console's release, the only other one to have a headphone jack was a Panasonic FZ-1 version of the 3DO.
>>
I dont know why you people would defend not having a headphone jack in the console. First of all, it would allow you to play games at night without waking up other people in the 90's because most TVs didnt have an earphone output. Also the SNES had long controller cables, but the SFC didnt.
>>
Because unlike primal sega poorfags back in the day, Nintendudes didn't need to mask the noises their TVs made at night because they didn't live in shithole 3rd world neighborhoods where their commie parents would wake up at night and smack the shit out of you for making so much noise
>>
>>3632495
>Nintendudes

I don't even care that you're baiting, but that's really, really fucking lame.
>>
>>3632495
>not sneakin' dat shit
You lead an uninteresting life. I'm literally yawning.
>>
File: DieHardELLIS.jpg (36KB, 680x286px) Image search: [Google]
DieHardELLIS.jpg
36KB, 680x286px
>>3631686
Five star post right there.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.