[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vr, I'm hoping you can help me. I've been playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: asteroids.jpg (73KB, 530x398px) Image search: [Google]
asteroids.jpg
73KB, 530x398px
Hey /vr, I'm hoping you can help me.
I've been playing some old 90s/ early 2000 games recently and I've been searching for this one game that I cannot find whatsoever. Any help would be greatly apprenticed, Here is what I remember of the game itself;

>I thought it was called Asteroids, or maybe something similar (not the Asteroids that first comes to mind)

>You're a little circle golden space ship
>shoot some aliens and asteroids
>land on planets to upgrade parts
>It's a sandbox game and you fly around the universe
>I played it on PC approx 14/15/16 years ago
>Pretty sure there was a grey board and HUD that displayed your fuel, ammo etc

>Picture somewhat related, the graphics were similar to this but not the HUD
>>
>>3631065
Hm.
Is there anything else you can remember about it?
Anything at all?
Even the most insignificant thing could help find it.
>upgrade parts
what kind of parts?
>little circle golden ship
is that only ship you can fly? Could you sketch it in paint?

Was there any goal to the game? Any story?
Every bit of info helps.
>>
Starflight
Solar Winds
Star Control II
>>
Only games that come to mind are Wazzal and Flatspace, but none of them really fit the description.

Im also looking for a game similar to OP.
Cant remember much of it, sadly.
All I know for certain, is that you piloted spaceship in top-down view. You shoot other spaceships. I vaguely remember being able to jump between sectors of some kind? Gameplay more or less sandbox. Ships really colorful, lots of reds, greens blues and yellows on those enemy ships in my memory.
The thing I remember most and that might help separate that game from dozens others like it is that ships were made from segments, and you could destroy those segments separately. Same was the case for your ship.
Even big ships could be reduced to tiny little core.
Played in on Windows circa 2000.
>>
im interested
>>
Bump of interest
>>
Are you thinking of Stellar Frontier? There were different ships you could get and three factions and stuff. Space stations were tank as fuck. It had servers up for awhile too.
>>
File: kMR9A0i.png (222KB, 1018x726px) Image search: [Google]
kMR9A0i.png
222KB, 1018x726px
>>3631065
Transcendence?
Space Rangers?
>>
>>3631065
Sounds similar to escape velocity but that game didn't have graphics like your pic
>>
File: tmp_30213-tw2-1333899969.png (404KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_30213-tw2-1333899969.png
404KB, 1280x800px
>>3631065
I think I played a beta of that game!

I used to play a lot of SubSpace back then, and it was like that but with better graphics.

I don't think I ever had the retail version. The beta just disappeared one day and I never heard of it again.
I always thought it was an AOL game, but I may be wrong.
>>
Any other propositions?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.