[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone help me out because I'm quite confused. So I played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Addams_Family.jpg (33KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
Addams_Family.jpg
33KB, 475x347px
Someone help me out because I'm quite confused. So I played the Addam's Game for SNES, which was a platformer with Gomez as the protagonist. However I just saw some gameplay called Addam's Family: Pugley's Scavenger Hunt, and it seemed the same exact game as far as construct and levels go, but it looked like an NES version of the same game with Pugsley as the PC instead of Gomez. Can someone educate me what I'm mixed up on?
>>
One is based on the movie, the other is based on the cartoon series.
>>
>>3629561
that does not necessarily mean they aren't the same game..
>>
>>3629485
Pugsley on the NES (And Game Boy) is pretty much the same as Addams Family on the SNES, yes. Pugsley on SNES is a completely different (And also pretty good, if really difficult) game.
>>
>>3629485
Anon >>3629561 got it right. They're completely different games except for the characters and the non-linear style.

While I love the first game, Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt doesn't really reproduce the same feelings in me. The whole sandbox structure of the first game is gone. You can still choose what stage to play next, but the thing is basically a Crash Bandicoot stage select so it doesn't feel like you're exploring the Addams Family world at all. There's not a whole lot of secret passages either and they took out the room names which gave it a lot of charm imo. Still a good game, perfect for anyone who loves a real challenge.
>>
>>3629485
Addams Family also got some other "ports" which seem to actually be different games

The NES Addams Family is also sorta similar but not as good
>>
>>3630262
Yeah, the TurboGrafx-CD version at least was a completely different game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH4sGsy8BSs

I think the Genesis and SNES versions are nearly identical though except for maybe some minor sound and graphics differences.
>>
>>3629485
>Can someone educate me what I'm mixed up on?

It's simple, they had already released an Addams Family on the NES prior to the one that you're talking about. (see attached pic)

so when ocean created the new game for the newer platforms (snes/genesis/amiga/st) (as seen in your pic) they wanted to also reuse that engine for another NES game.

But what were they going to call it? the original NES game was already called The Addams Family.

and they couldn't call it Addams Family 2, because then the snes/genesis games would have to be called that too (despite it being the first Addams Family game on there)
so they decided to use the Snes/Genesis engine and addapt sprites from another Addams Family game on Snes called Pugsley's Quest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAlnr5wnwOo here's the first NES Addams Family game (well that had that title anyway, there's was Fester's Quest before that)

so yeah, the 2nd Addams Family game on NES reuses the Snes/Gen engine but with Snes Pugsley's Quest graphics.

Not really sure how it plays on NES, never bothered to really play it for very long.

Love the Snes/Gen versions though.
>>
File: gfs_49850_2_2.jpg (67KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_49850_2_2.jpg
67KB, 800x600px
>>3630790

Forgot pic :/
>>
that cleared things up. thanks guys
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.