[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Levels or bosses that aren't as hard as people make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_0374.jpg (18KB, 574x88px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0374.jpg
18KB, 574x88px
ITT: Levels or bosses that aren't as hard as people make them out to be.

Pic related, I never had trouble controlling the P-Balloon.
>>
Someone's opinion on SMW is a good barometer of whether they're an 80s fag or a 90s fag, because you would've had to have been no older than 6 to find SMW difficult in any respect

Source: '92 fag who's first and favorite game is SMW and never got to Soda Lake until age 8
>>
>>3629393

*opinion on the difficulty of SMW
>>
>>3629395
OP here, I don't think SMW is hard, but I can't beat the original trilogy. What kind of fag am I?
>>
File: IMG_0375.jpg (42KB, 480x432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0375.jpg
42KB, 480x432px
>He/she doesn't know about Muscle the female Machop
>>
It's not a really difficult level in on itself, but it is a difficult Super Mario World level, and i think that's what people mean (even if unconsciously) when they say it is difficult.
>>
>>3629403
SMB1 is less forgiving than the later games, but 2 and 3 should be beatable if you can be SMW. As far as difficulty at least.
>>
>>3629382
Blue Yoshi never should have been added to SMW, it was already easy enough.
>>
>>3629585

It's a difficult level period because it uses a mechanic that wasn't used a lot (other than a few bonus sections), and there was also nothing like it on 1, 2, 3.
Besides the controls, the difficulty also comes from the second half with all these chucks and flowers. I can beat it blindly now, but I remember struggling a lot with it as a kid.

>>3629685

Real men stomp their way through with based yellow yoshi.
>>
I didn't know this level had more than one P-balloon, so I used to just get the first one and then try my way through it with extremely accurate jumps and calculated spots to get hit.
Needless to say, this level was hell to pass through when I was just a kid.
Now I that I know the correct way to get through, it just isn't that fun anymore.
>>
>>3630040
Is it actually passable by only grabbing the first balloon?
>>
>>3629382
The only level my Dad can't beat still.
>>
>>3629393
never even heard of soda lake till mh friend told me. that is being said that i played the game way later after its release so i never knew what the red meant only having the cart and was so young that i only knew of the internet before ever using it or how to. I beat the game with a 90 something % only missing the chocalate island one with the goijg into the pipe at the rigt time bullshit and of course soda lake.
>>
File: IMG_0376.jpg (49KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0376.jpg
49KB, 480x360px
Let's talk about other games, shall we?

This boss is only hard as Sonic or Tails if you're impatient. The complaints are justified for Knuckles though.
>>
>>3629382
SMW is easy as fuck except for the Special area/world/zone.
>>
File: CVIIIdracula.png (2MB, 1389x919px) Image search: [Google]
CVIIIdracula.png
2MB, 1389x919px
Final boss fight in Castlevania III. I think he's rather pathetic actually. Can consistently beat him every time.
>>
>>3630309
Which Tubular is a part of.
>>
File: IMG_0377.jpg (74KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0377.jpg
74KB, 512x448px
Rocket Rush is still tricky, but not as bad if you turn the controller upside down to counter the inverted controls.
>>
File: 1-ex.png (232KB, 4366x512px) Image search: [Google]
1-ex.png
232KB, 4366x512px
this level isnt that long to not be able to control the damn Poochy
>>
>>3630396
Shit, i wish i had thought about this when i played the game.

But i think it's still difficult even with that trick.

Unless you have lightning quick reflexes, you need to beat the old way, trial and error.
>>
Cold Hard Crash's death route in Crash 2

Just bring two Aku Aku's to the hidden area and get the third one inside it and you can literally just plow through all the nitro crates and get rid of all the challenge
>>
>>3630420

Poochy ain't stupid! You are!

Yeah it's hard, as a kid I could never beat it.
>>
>>3630615
The sequel that shall not be named has an extremely similar level in World 4, just with tons of spiked balls instead of lava. Took me an hour or so to 100%.
>>
>>3630396
I think Animal Antics is probably the most difficult level in DKC 1-3 solely because of the Squawks section. Having to constantly battle the wind changing directions while dodging enemies and not touching the wall is a heavy task.
>>
>>3629382
The casuals who think SMW was in any way difficult at any point in time digust me to no end.
>>
>>3629413
I was always scared off from using trade Pokemon because I was paranoid about them not listening to me.

Looking back at Muscle and Rocky (whatever the Onix was called), boy did that bite me in the ass.
>>
>>3630298
I never played as Knuckles after my first run as him. Final boss was a nightmare. Also yeah Sonic and Tails are fine once you're either patient or learn the exact timing on when to jump.

>>3630312
The problem with Dracula in III isn't the fight itself, but what happens if you die. That checkpoint is some bullshit.
>>
>>3630095
I'm sure it's possible, otherwise I wouldn't never be able to get through it.
>>
File: move-carefully-to-avoid.png (51KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
move-carefully-to-avoid.png
51KB, 320x224px
This isn't even a boss, it's just a test of patience under pressure but it's been the cause of many people dropping the game.
>>
>>3630891
I dropped it at the big DNA strand thing that zaps you
>>
File: Wt.png (34KB, 359x260px) Image search: [Google]
Wt.png
34KB, 359x260px
>>3630904
Yeah that thing is genuinely tricky, and it's not super clear what you need to do. Now I can clear it in no time, but I got stuck on it enough when I was first playing that I resorted to trying to cobble together a code for a later level.
>>
File: smwP.png (634KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
smwP.png
634KB, 1600x1200px
>>3630756

I often think the casuals are actually the ones who parrot the whole "lol smw is so ez, you can fly through all the game!".

People who are pro at the game don't waste time arguing about that kind of stuff. All mario games are easy if you use powerups, period.
Pro players who like to play SMW try to get good at physics maneuver, like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWgvPSkgMzY
>>
>>3631116
That's pretty awesome.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.