[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just curious: What Sonic game do you guys think had the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

Just curious: What Sonic game do you guys think had the better special stage?
>>
Honestly, the Sega Master System.
>>
>>3627607
They all suck but Blue Sphere sucks the least because your partner can't fuck you over
>>
>>3627607
My favorite were Sonic 2's but I never cared much for any of them tBh.
>>
>>3627607
Sonic 2.

It was fun, it built hype, it was fairly challenged and your sidekick could take part. (if you didn't want tails to fuck you over in it just play as sonic, why is this an issue?)

It was pretty carnival hype vibe. I didn't like the blue sphere, it was kinda boring and the 3D wasn't that impressive (to me). Plus way later I found out it gave a load of people motion sickness apparently.
>>
>>3627607
Blue Sphere.

The other two are kind of unfair.
Sonic 1 is a pain to control and Sonic 2 hides rings around turns.

I played Sonic 2 so much that Tails isn't an issue anymore. Git Gud.
>>
>>3627675
The special stages in the Genesis version of 3D Blast are ridiculously piss easy
>>
File: Sonic3DGenesisSpecialStage.png (28KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic3DGenesisSpecialStage.png
28KB, 256x224px
This is probably just my nostalgia goggles talking but I really liked the one from Sonic 3D Blast.

I thought it was more fair and when I messed up it felt like it was actually my fault. I dunno maybe I just suck at special stages.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (88KB, 1152x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
88KB, 1152x720px
Knuckles' Chaotix. It made an interesting spin out of the pipe formula before it started being overused to death.
>>
>>3627607

they're all objectively shit. I'd say Sonic 1 though for the dank aesthetic
>>
Sonic CD. It's easily the most fun.

Sonic 3's is trash. The only people that like it suck at video games.
>>
>>3627607
Is there a meaning for this by the japanfags? Maybe life and death? Or maybe a dream...
>>
>>3627714
I agree with you. There was no reason for Sega to make those stages too hard, since the only actual reward you get for collecting all the emeralds is fighting the real final boss.
I like Blue Sphere as well. The music in it is pretty nice.
>>
>>3627607

Sonic 3D blast fr Saturn. By FAR.
>>
>>3627623
>your partner can't fuck you over
But Tails can only lose rings he did collect. So, if you can finish bonus stage solo, you should get same (or higher) result with partner.
>>
>>3627980
And the true final boss is tedious as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
>>
>>3627913
Seconding Sonic CD if only for the gorgeous backgrounds. They are fun to play without being too difficult, and time attack is a blast. Pretty boring once you've figured out the UFO routes, but still nice to just lazily run around in during TA.

Sonic 1 special stages are kinda intimidating and tedious (R blocks) at times but really not that hard once you're used to them.

Sonic 2 special stages have some bullshit difficulty in a few courses, but you get so many chances to do them throughout the game it evens out.

Sonic 3 special stages are alright, evem if the gradual speed increase stresses me out at the end. A lot of the difficulty can be circumvented if you just go for turning spheres into rings and then ignore the rings.

Chaotix special stages are fun but have some bullshit trap layouts in the later ones.
>>
>>3627607
Sonic 3 only because finding giant rings hidden in the stages made exploring more fun.
>>
>>3628497
I concur. Unless you've memorized the stage layout, you end up spending a lot of time just jumping against any conspicuous wall hoping to find the rings, which kind of hurts the flow of the game. I find the Sonic 1 and Sonic CD method of finding special stages to encourage more skillful play and compliment the mechanics better.
>>
>>3628581
They're usually placed so they're easily found by accident or have some sort of small clue that the wall isn't solid.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.