[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else feel motion sickness while playing old fps games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: blood.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
blood.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
Does anyone else feel motion sickness while playing old fps games? I really want to finish Blood and Half-Life, but I can't play more than ten minutes without feeling dizzy and my head starting to ache. I can play modern fps normally, but old ones are unplayable for me, and that makes me really sad.
Does anyone have the same problem? Why does it happen?
>>
You've been casualized
>>
>>3624759
fpbp
I'm not even sure what OP is trying to achieve with a shit thread like this.
>>
My "girl gamer" "friend" has the same problem, but she doesn't like old games because of the graphics, so I think >>3624759 is right or maybe /vr/ isn't for you.
>>
>>3624764
I think sharing experiences.
>>
>>3624754
Use FOV commands faggot
>>
>>3624754

I get it too, ignore the shitters, sucks because I really like Doom and its ilk, not so much the build engine games, but I get it worse with the build engine games

Like >>3624781 said, fuck with the FOV, that's usually what it is
>>
>>3624797
build engine games weren't capped to 35fps like doom
>>
>>3624754
lol
PUSSY
>>
>>3624754
It's real. I experience it as well with old FPS. Always have, it's why I didn't grow up playing FPS but can play them now.
>>
>>3624754
I also suffer from fps motion sickness. I can't play more than 45 minutes before i vomit. Even old games like Doom and Wolf 3D.
>>
>>3624754
>Does anyone else feel motion sickness while playing old fps games?

Nope. If anything, I feel motion sickness while playing modern fps games that insist on locking the fov to 50.
>>
>>3624754

Are you an adult that haven't played those old FPS games as a kid?

It happens for the same reason that all motion sickness happens - the brain detects the disparity between vision (I'm moving) and proprioception (I'm stationary) and "concludes" that this is a result of poisoning and that puking is in order.

With time and practice your brain should rewire and it will go away. If it's really bad and you're determined to play them, you can consider taking medication for motion sickness.
>>
low fov plus the fisheye effect when you look up and down in a 2.5d engine can make you sick. i get. locking vertical mouse movement helps me play games in the build engine.

stuff like doom or dark forces, where the fov is fine and the y axis is locked, i'm fine with
>>
The friends that I have that get disoriented from games are the same that get motion sick when they arent the ones behind the wheel in a moving car.

I'm the exact opposite, If I could afford a monitor over 60 fps I would get it in a heart beat.
>>
>>3626494
You can get a CRT for dirt cheap and a decent one will let you go over 60Hz
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.